“Safe and Decent” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Safe and Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I went for dinner. Service was good, food was good.
Details: I was hankering for a Guinness, which they had on the menu. I simply order, "Guinness." I pointed at the 16 oz. column. 15 minutes later, the 22 oz. shows up. This is a small place, not too busy. Why 15 min?

I tell my server, not what I wanted/ordered. After a considerable amount of back and forth, she offers to make it right. I pass. I was tired and hungry and had a beer in front of me. Lesson for the server - if you serve two beers at the lower price, you will make more than just selling one of the larger ones.

I ordered the roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. It was fine. The chicken was by and large cooked, though the wing joint was a little red. Skin was crisp, rest of the meat was fine. Because it wasn't overly moist and tender, my guess is they pre-boil then roast. Seasoning on the skin was weak.. maybe some cumin in there? Wholly ordinary. Mashed potatoes were fine, steamed veggies fair. They could've used a few more minutes.

Overall, a safe bet. Ordinary food, hard to screw up beer, pleasant staff. I walked out just over 30.00 with tip.

Visited August 2014

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very convenient as it was just across the road from our Hotel. The service was about average but the menu was varied and the meal was very good. If you are new in the area and only staying one night it is the perfect place to eat.

Visited June 2014
“great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

A nice variety of meals, light to hearty. loved the desserts. Good crabcakes. Don't be in a hurry though.

Visited July 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Mediocre to bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

not horrible...but definitely not great...and overpriced for what it is. i ordered it as room service. caesar salad and calamari. Calamari was hard on the outside and rubbery on the inside and the portion was smaller than I anticipated...which I guess was fine given how bad it was. Caesar wasn't bad. Average. I asked for extra croutons and if that is what they consider extra, then I'm guessing the regular salad has no croutons.

Visited June 2014
Rome, Italy
“Good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've ordered chicken tenders with buffalo sauce and it's one of my favorites meals. It was great! The girl working at the entrance was extremely kind. The pub is wicked nice inside.