We had to check out of the Candlewood/Suburban Lodge after a few hours because the room was crawling with bedbugs. We drove down the street and stopped here. We had the air conditioning go out in our house in Sterling so we needed a place to stay as it was over 100 F in our house. They were super nice when we checked in and the price was only $55 a night weekend rate! I said I wanted a room close to parking so I wouldn't have to walk far.I think they gave us a handicapped room which was really nice - large, modern decor with lovely photographs of local landmarks like the courthouse in Leesburg, all of which I really appreciated (not typical cookie-cutter hotel room decor). It had a sliding door that went out to the courtyard, king bed and a small fridge, no m-wave, and NO BEDBUGS!! I saw one spider on the rug and one harmless sowbug in the bathroom, but I consider those the kind of bugs you could find in your own home and probably were in there because this room opens up directly to the outside, so I was ok with that. Only things that needed improvement was the room had quite a few cobwebs, the curtains were full of something nasty looking,and there were no cups wrapped in plastic - just coffee cups by the coffee maker. Would have been nice to have about 2 more trash cans, one in the bathroom and 2 in the main room. TV selection was bad, only a few stations but typical for hotels. It felt quite clean. At 9 PM people were outside in the courtyard playing a beanbag toss game which was quite noisy, but a call to the front desk and they moved to another area where I couldn't hear them anymore. It was a little noisy upstairs, you could hear people walking around and this room was close to the parking lot so you heard people coming and going a lot which was understandable.
When Mon. came the rate was to go up to over $100 which we couldn't afford, but a quick call to the manager who we told our situation to helped us get the rate extended one more day. But we had to move to a room across the hall. This room wasn't so great - smaller, queen bed and I was allergic to something in that room.We ended up checking out that evening as our AC situation was under control. They would have moved us again if we wanted, and we were very happy with how things went in general. Would stay again, but only if I could get a similar room to the first one we had.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Dulles Town Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Dulles Town Hotel Dulles
- Courtyard Dulles Town Center
- Courtyard Dulles
- Dulles Courtyard
- Dulles Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Courtyard Dulles Town Center Marriott, we make your stay productive and relaxing! Whatever your needs may be we are here to help. With 147 rooms and 10 suites, your choices are available. Come and stay in a wonderful way! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.