“Functional, well presented budget property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking & Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
London
“Functional, well presented budget property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

For what you pay this is a good hotel..

On the positive.. Helpful staff, good clean property, decent sized and well equipped rooms, excellent internet speeds and plenty of parking.

However, rooms felt a little dated as did the decor within the hotel, the windows could do with better glazing especially if your room is facing the car park and the air conditioning was very noisy within the rooms.

The food options within the hotel were limited however as the hotel is only a few minutes walk from the mall opposite you have plenty of further options for food either by walking across the road or even ordering in..

For what I needed this hotel was a perfect fit with my office a couple of minutes walk away however may try one of the airport hotels next time out..

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the car park
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gregg C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate all the great feedback. I sincerely apologize that all of your needs were not met at our Bistro, but I am glad our staff was helpful to you during your stay. I hope you will give us another try and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I arrived at this hotel very late, around 3:30 a.m. But the hotel staff was very friendly, and loved to provide anything we want in the room. The room was small but very clean. The location was very convenient, 10 minutes from Dulles international airport. The only thing I didn't like is the sound of AC fan was too loud.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the noise of the AC unit and hope that this doesn't deter you from returning. Thank you for your great review and we hope to see you again soon!
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We held a small business conference here. I 25 years of holding conferences, this was by far the best facility we have ever stayed at.

All the staff from conference directors and supervisors to front desk and food service, all were friendly, professional and accommodating to our entire group.

Catered breaks and lunch were outstanding. Facility was first class. We will return both for business and pleasure again. We highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. We are thrilled your conference went smoothly and look forward to hosting your next meeting!
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Whomever is responsible for hiring at this hotel is doing an amazing job. I stay at this hotel monthly. Each time I leave more impressed by the friendliness and competence of the staff. The front desk staff is always friendly and goes out of their way to make things easy. The café staff-- both morning and night-- is extremely prompt and friendly. (I realize that I have already used the word "friendly" three times, but the entire staff is so...friendly!) The hotel is so clean; I've stayed here probably 40 times the last two years and never been anything less than absolutely satisfied. While there are many hotels in a five-mile radius of this one, I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your loyalty and hope you keep coming back to stay with us!
Powhatan, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I often stay at this property while on business in the area. Always clean and neat with a friendly staff willing to go out of their way for you. Adjacent to a nice mall and variety of restaurants. Wish they would bring back the coffee. With the new café concept the coffee is gone ):. I am not a Starbucks fan and it was so convenient not to wait in line. Traveling on business it's not the cost but the convenience!
Although this is a bit further from IAD it's worth going the added distance for all of the additional amenities. Recommend it !

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! I apologize about the inconvenience that our Starbucks caused you. With our Bistro concept we are still able to provide complimentary coffee in each guest room but unfortunately it is no longer available in the lobby. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

It is one of the most elegant, trendy & Clean courtyards at DC area with excellent customer service offered by the front desk. I was greeted by Ms. Merriell at the airport & Ms. Colleen at the front desk, when i arrived. Coffee & water been offered to me while checking in. Both ladies were awesome! Ms. Collen drove me the next day to CVS, to pick up my medicine, waited for me & Drove me back with a great smile! TThe shuttle service id definately a plus. All I communicated with at the front desk were very nice & very helpful. I would like to mention also, Ms.Concepcion, Mr. Justin & the Bistro ladies who know how to sell the over priced food & drinks there! I hope that whoever in charge of the bistro, makes their $5.25"happy hour" beer, really convenient & happy! Clean rooms & well kept. I will come back & I will recommend it to whoever will be visiting the area. Thank you all....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! I'm glad you were able to use our shuttle amenity as we hope to make your stay as convenient as possible. Our staff appreicates the kind words and we look forward to having you back soon!
Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We live in Northern VA., but my Husband surprised me by planning a weekend away from home for my birthday. My Son and I checked in first and from the woman we dealt with then to the one who checked us out, everyone was great. We had a king suite which was HUGE for $94.00 a night. We sat in the little bar area after we went out to dinner the first night and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. The second night we sat down for a drink also. This time there was a large group in the bar/bistro area making a lot of noise. It looked like a work group of some sort. One of the males from the front desk asked if they were bothering us (they were not) and offered my son a free dessert. I thought that was lovely! Can't wait for another mini-trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback and we look forward to having you back soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center? Share your experiences!