“Outstanding, for business & for pleasure! Exceptional FD staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding, for business & for pleasure! Exceptional FD staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

It is one of the most elegant, trendy & Clean courtyards at DC area with excellent customer service offered by the front desk. I was greeted by Ms. Merriell at the airport & Ms. Colleen at the front desk, when i arrived. Coffee & water been offered to me while checking in. Both ladies were awesome! Ms. Collen drove me the next day to CVS, to pick up my medicine, waited for me & Drove me back with a great smile! TThe shuttle service id definately a plus. All I communicated with at the front desk were very nice & very helpful. I would like to mention also, Ms.Concepcion, Mr. Justin & the Bistro ladies who know how to sell the over priced food & drinks there! I hope that whoever in charge of the bistro, makes their $5.25"happy hour" beer, really convenient & happy! Clean rooms & well kept. I will come back & I will recommend it to whoever will be visiting the area. Thank you all....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gregg C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! I'm glad you were able to use our shuttle amenity as we hope to make your stay as convenient as possible. Our staff appreicates the kind words and we look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We live in Northern VA., but my Husband surprised me by planning a weekend away from home for my birthday. My Son and I checked in first and from the woman we dealt with then to the one who checked us out, everyone was great. We had a king suite which was HUGE for $94.00 a night. We sat in the little bar area after we went out to dinner the first night and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. The second night we sat down for a drink also. This time there was a large group in the bar/bistro area making a lot of noise. It looked like a work group of some sort. One of the males from the front desk asked if they were bothering us (they were not) and offered my son a free dessert. I thought that was lovely! Can't wait for another mini-trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback and we look forward to having you back soon!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Awakened at 1:00 am by feeling of something crawling on me. Turn on bedside light and discover TWO HUGE BUGS in my bed and a third on the nightstand. YUCK!!
Called front desk attendant who after a few minutes came to the room and gave me a new room down the hall, without comment and without apology.
All in all, not pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014
Gregg C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello,
Please let me apologize, for the terrible experience you had, I would have been upset as well. Also the front desk clerk should have apologized right away and taken better care of you. I am very glad you have provided this feedback and I will make sure this is addressed. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and will stive to take care of this right away.

If you have a chance I would love to speak to you about your room and other details so that we can best track down the issue and eliminate it. You can reach any manager at the hotel 571-434-6400.
Again I am terribly sorry for your experience,
Gregg
Bryans Road, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

For this rating, I am providing comments on my brief check-in/check out stay at the hotel on Valentine's Day.

I arrived at the hotel on Valentine's Day (checked in at 11:08 pm on this day). The offer that responded to for the reservation was this:

Pride & Joy Couples Package, includes breakfast for 2 adults daily, 1 bottle of Champagne upon arrival, rate: $79.00/night

But, after my husband and I were checked in, I mentioned to the front desk clerk, "not for the rest of package" (referring to the champagne). The front desk clerk looked puzzled when I said this, and then told us that the champagne was the room. I then said, "already in the room...with the glasses?" The clerk said yes, and then told us that if the champagne wasn't in the room, call down and let him know.

When I arrived at the room, I was rather surprised at the tightness of the room, since the room seemed more suitable for a single person, not a couple for a weekend stay. This observation was on top of not finding champagne nor champagne glasses in the room. So...off I go to the front desk.

The person who checked us in had just gotten off duty (I ran into him in the corridor). I told him that I didn't find champagne in the room, and he directed to mention to the person who was now at the front desk. I followed this request by asking not only about the champagne, but also whether I could upgrade my room to something else. I also asked for an extra chair -- an armless chair, in case my husband and I wanted to sit at the desk in the room and eat -- rather than sitting on the sofa. I was told that no chairs were available. My comment then was that I guess that one of us would be sitting at the desk to eat, while the other had to sit on the bed.

When I mentioned the missing champagne, the other clerk also looked puzzled. I mentioned that the offer code for my reservation should have been noted for my reservation. The front desk clerk asked me to hold for a moment while he checked on my inquiry. When the front desk returned, he told me that no champagne was available and that we were only supposed to get two glasses of either champagne OR wine (remember, the offer I mentioned stated that a bottle of champagne would be available. The offer also mentioned glasses of wine from its Bistro, which was also mentioned in the offer details. The clerk offered glasses of wine, which I declined. And yes...I did check the room refrigerator just to make sure that I didn't overlook anything.

After talking with my husband, we decided to check out of the hotel, since I told him that the offer for my reservation was not available and that I was not satisfied with room. My view is that the room was suitable for a business traveler, but was not my taste for hanging out for Valentine's Day. My husband and I checked out about 1.5 hours later at 12:29 a.m. Good thing that I had not unpacked anything, as I was ready to cut my loss on this one after learning that the offer was unavailable.

Fortunately, I was able to find another hotel nearby to rescue my Valentine Day's experience for a weekend away from home with hubby -- not to mention, that the hotel added surprises to our experience after explaining to them why I decided to show up at its place in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I would have had to return home.

If I had to do a short stay in the area for business purposes, perhaps this would be a place to stay for only a day or two (for longer stays, I prefer a more spacious room, and I have stayed at other hotels in this class with rooms that are larger). But, a weekend stay for hanging out with my loved one? No, I will not be returning to this hotel for that purpose.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gregg C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello,
I am very sorry for the experience you had with us, and ever so on Valentine’s Day, when the purpose of your trip was the romantic getaway. You should have received your package upon entering your room with no concerns at all, and your request for an upgrade should have been granted.

I am looking into the issues that took place in an effort to ensure this does not ever happen again, our goal here at Dulles Town Center Courtyard is for a relaxing and enjoyable stay, and unfortunately it seems you and your husband were not able to relax at all, and for this I apologize.

While I understand you have concerns about our hotel, please let me offer you the chance to have that romantic getaway on us. We would love to have the chance to redeem ourselves, but if not again I fully understand.

Again I apologize for all that took place with us,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Here's a secret -- Parents who have 11 kids -- you can use air beds -- The room was that large!!

Seriously, very nice property -- typically upgraded Courtyard. I checked in at midnight and my key was ready. Thought that was nice considering I'd just driven 5 hours.

Slept well. Good Shower. 1pm check out was given.,

Really no complaints. Oh -- they run these rate specials. I got the room for around $100, This is a far nicer options than man of the other in the same neighborhood. If you're staying longer there are probably 50 restaurants within 3 minutes of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Wonderful, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us! And are very happy you were pleased with the room space. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We very much enjoyed our stay here. The service was great. They had a room ready for our early check-in. The room was clean and spacious! It had an added bonus.....a porch. Weather did not allow for us to sit outside; however, it was just nice to step outside and catch some fresh air. As a group we enjoyed their lovely lobby. It was nicely decorated and had a fireplace with plenty of sitting areas. Their inviting lobby allowed our big group to spend extra time together. I still needed to purchase some things for the wedding. The mall was conveniently located right across the street, and we were never disturbed by noise or traffic. The only negative..their breakfast was a bit pricey. We opted to go elsewhere for breakfast.
There are plenty of nearby places to eat.

Room Tip: Be specific on your request or needs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Colleen S, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.
Newport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice hotel located at dulles town center mall about 10 mins from dulles airport. easy access to about 10 restaurants (pfchang cheesecake factory mimi café etc etc) looks as if it has had a nice facelift since our last stay there 2 years ago. had the large king suite has 2 rooms living room and bed room nice wet bar fridge microwave only thing missing was we had a whirlpool last time but some how this room didn't have that and was a bit smaller so they must have 2 sizes of the king suite. still nice room pirce on weekends is around 99 plus tax normal rooms around 79 so the extra 20 gives a lot of space.

Room Tip: quitter on higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate that you stayed with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center? Share your experiences!