“Take your sleeping pills with you” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Austin, Texas
“Take your sleeping pills with you”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

The hotel's only feature is that it is new. It's business only. However it is built with such low quality materials and equipment that it might fall apart soon. The air-conditioner is like a jumbo jet. If you get a room close to the ice-machines you're rattled in your room by its noise, and the walls seemed to be made of paper. You can hear everything (everything) from next door. The elevators are slow but noisy. (start seeing the construction logic??)

However they put a large flatscreen in your room. Unfortunately they mostly have ESPN channels on it, probably that's the audience the hotel caters to. The only good thing is that you can open the windows (a little).

Staff is always very friendly and helpful, the architect and the owner need to be stoned for this "investment". Cheap cheap building.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This hotel is clean and well maintained with a terrific staff. Everyone is friendly and goes out of their way to make sure you have a good stay. The hotel is across the street from the mall and within a short drive to plenty of restaurants, shopping, and movies. It is a great little base of operations for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed February 2011
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

The Courtyard was a pretty basic place to stay. Breakfast was included in my room rate which was nice, but it's a standard courtyard buffet, which if isn't included is not worth the price plus tip. The breakfast area was also rather busy, so you had to wait for a place to sit. The AC/Heat in the room is quite loud and managed to wake me up a couple times when it turned on and off. The Internet was free, but not very fast. The wired connection worked better than the wireless connection.

My biggest complaint has to be the manner in which the shower curtain was installed. They used curved shower-rods, but they were mounted about two to three inches from the showerhead, so the widest part of the rod in the center is about even with the edge of the tub. This kind of defeats the purpose of the curved rod, and just looks ridiculous.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Great value for the price which also included breakfast. We stayed here for a cousin's wedding. Waiter at breakfast was so friendly though the staff overall was ok. We noticed our windows had cobwebs around them but other than that, no complaints!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We had to check out of the Candlewood/Suburban Lodge after a few hours because the room was crawling with bedbugs. We drove down the street and stopped here. We had the air conditioning go out in our house in Sterling so we needed a place to stay as it was over 100 F in our house. They were super nice when we checked in and the price was only $55 a night weekend rate! I said I wanted a room close to parking so I wouldn't have to walk far.I think they gave us a handicapped room which was really nice - large, modern decor with lovely photographs of local landmarks like the courthouse in Leesburg, all of which I really appreciated (not typical cookie-cutter hotel room decor). It had a sliding door that went out to the courtyard, king bed and a small fridge, no m-wave, and NO BEDBUGS!! I saw one spider on the rug and one harmless sowbug in the bathroom, but I consider those the kind of bugs you could find in your own home and probably were in there because this room opens up directly to the outside, so I was ok with that. Only things that needed improvement was the room had quite a few cobwebs, the curtains were full of something nasty looking,and there were no cups wrapped in plastic - just coffee cups by the coffee maker. Would have been nice to have about 2 more trash cans, one in the bathroom and 2 in the main room. TV selection was bad, only a few stations but typical for hotels. It felt quite clean. At 9 PM people were outside in the courtyard playing a beanbag toss game which was quite noisy, but a call to the front desk and they moved to another area where I couldn't hear them anymore. It was a little noisy upstairs, you could hear people walking around and this room was close to the parking lot so you heard people coming and going a lot which was understandable.

When Mon. came the rate was to go up to over $100 which we couldn't afford, but a quick call to the manager who we told our situation to helped us get the rate extended one more day. But we had to move to a room across the hall. This room wasn't so great - smaller, queen bed and I was allergic to something in that room.We ended up checking out that evening as our AC situation was under control. They would have moved us again if we wanted, and we were very happy with how things went in general. Would stay again, but only if I could get a similar room to the first one we had.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Staff was nice and helpful when asked for questions. The IAD shuttle was great and had me back and forth in about 10 minutes. Room was basic but had a nice tv and a very small balcony.... full of spiders.

Main draw back was the noisy hallways in the mornings. Once 530am rolled around there was constant noise from doors and people... if you need your sleep and don't have to roll out of bed early go with something at the end of hallway. Basic Courtyard otherwise. Nice mall across the street which helped to pass my time .

All in all it's your typical Courtyard... a touch old but in the end I gave it a Very Good which was urged on by this properties efficent IAD shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

i am a person who travels alot and stayed at plenty courtyards and never had the experience i had on my LAST TRIP. I had a concern with the the hold policy which the lady at the front desk failed to tell me full insite on how it works and charged my card extra money. Now i wouldnt have had a problem with it if i was fully informed and the lady told me i should have read the signs when i checked in. Lady i just traveled three hrs and was tryna get a bed not read signs any charges your making to my card your supppose to tell me about. Then Monica Beck suppose to be assistant manager hangs up the phone. It suprised me and i normally dont write reviews but if they did it to me they will do it to you take heed. and on top of that we had three rooms and all of them was insect infested and when i told the person at the front desk she told me they have no one to tend to it now i have to check with them in the morning or switch rooms when i just switched rooms neva neva eva again

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center? Share your experiences!