“A Great Time Was Had By All” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Dulles
Northern Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Great Time Was Had By All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a very expensive activitiy, and planning is probably the key to having a successful visit. We came on a weekday, in the afternoon, and we were the only customers there[a corporate group]. I can't imagine trying this with random strangers zooming around and impatient people waiting to get onto the track.
We showed up, got our suits, attended the driving & safety class, found our helmets and started our heats. We were divided into two teams (6 people and 7 people) that drove in succession. We had registered beforehand and given AllSports our drivers license information and selected racing monikers. Scoreboards kept track of our times and positions.
The racing was a blast! I had never done it before, and I felt adequately briefed by the staff for safety and strategy. The cars are simple to operate. They offer driving safety classes for children and I want to arrange for my grandchildren to participate in this activity.
Take water and expect to need it; it's important to stay hydrated, even if the weather isn't extremely hot. This is a covered track, but it's open on the sides. I don't recommend it if the weather is hot. It's noisy. There's plenty of room for spectators. Ample parking.
Have fun - and follow the track rules!

Visited October 2011

Manassas, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a disappointment.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I looked on their event calendar, and it said it was open for racing, and then I called and confirmed there was no reservation needed and that they were open that night for racing. We drove 28 miles all the way from Manassas, for them to tell my friends and me that there was an event and that we could not race. Apparently somebody dropped the ball on communication. They did not offer anything for the inconvenience, which was there fault. I would think that for $25 for 8 minutes, they would have there *hit together a little bit better than that.
We took a look at the track and it was much small than expected, also it’s indoors, and rather hot.

Visited July 2011