“For an airport wait, it was decent but could be better.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 37 restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: American
“For an airport wait, it was decent but could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was nice to sit in a comfortable booth, enjoy an Irish meal and have a pint of Guiness.

Waitress was pleasant and attentive, the music playing was contemporary and food was decent. We had the shepherds pie with side salad. Meat was dry, but gravy on side helped.

If you find yourself in terminal C and want a meal, give a try!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

48% Recommend
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Help, I need a refill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

When I give a bad review it's for a reason. The waiter was non existent ... Hey your tip showed it! I had to get hostess after 20 for a second glass of water .. Never again.. Food is what you expect.. Salty, fatty, and expensive

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Superb Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

You wouldn't believe that Dulles Airport offered a warm and inviting pub with superb waitstaff, drinks, and food. Much better service and grub than most pretentious and overpriced restaurants out there. Glad I had a stopover and delay at Dulles...

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible Chicken & Gravy...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stopped by Firkin & Fox after landing early in the morning, and needing a quick bite to eat before my connecting flight. The decor is fine and looked like somewhere where I could get a tasty morsel, but the food was truly awful. I went for the chicken and gravy which was described as "chicken breast, lightly battered and smothered in gray". In reality the thin gray meat was salty and nasty. I ate a couple of mouthful, paid and left.

**I would rate it as one of the worst meal I've had in US.**

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, Vermont
“Welcome Respite in Dulles Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Airport restaurants are hard to rate because generally you are a little under duress when you seek them out, either from being tired from a day's flights or stressed about the next connection. This one caused me to laugh out loud as soon as I saw it because I misread the word before Fox! It was immediately inviting and a relief from the pressures of the day since we had alread had two flights canceled due to the storm Sandy. The Sam Adams Special beer was dark and really good. That eased some of the stress. A Cottage Pie was served in a small oblong pottery dish with lots of meat inside with peas under a bed of whipped potato. Now I can't imagine that they make all of those pot pies right there, but perhaps. It was hot and really tasted good. My partner had the Cajun Wings and finished them right off, so I know they were good. If I ever go back through Dulles again, I will seek this place out. Our waitress seemed to be from somewhere in the Caribbean with the most wonderful hairdoo, accent and attitude. She truly expressed concern for us and our tribulations re flight cancelations, etc. She made our time there special.

• Visited October 2012