“Convenient and fairly priced” 3 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
GreenLeadersGold level
Irvington, Virginia
“Convenient and fairly priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This isn't a destination hotel to me, but rather a good option to park and ride if you have an early morning flight and live too far away to drive to the airport the morning of the flight. They have a package where you stay the night and can leave your car on the premises for up to 30 days I think, with a shuttle that takes you to and from Dulles Airport. The negative is that it is a large sprawling hotel with all rooms on the first floor. It's like a maze to find your way around. Still, a good deal, clean room and fair price. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Norman S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the property. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Yes, it's far from DC but my room was lovely. The ladies at the front desk were hilarious and very accommodating. In the lobby, there's a corner with computers and a printer so that you can print whatever you need. There's a shuttle that takes you to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed for five nights for a family vacation. The hotel was exactly what we wanted, clean room and nice staff. We ate at the restaurant a few times, good food but service was slow. Nice to have the "kids eat free" perk. Huge pool and nice hot tub also. We also used the free shuttle to Dulles Airport to catch the bus into DC. Great visit!

Stayed June 2014
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Had to go back and forth from room to front desk because they forgot to take my credit card. Also, having told me they take airline vouchers, they only later"remembered" they don't take the vouchers at the front desk for expenses charged to the room - you have to use the vouchers at the restaurant. The fitness room had no towels and no cups for water, apparently no one cares to check the place. Finally, the "restaurant", is really just a dive bar that belongs in a shabby part of town, not in what aims to pass for a reputable hotel - messed up my order, did not show up to check on me even once and messed up the check. The night manager was just mumbling that bad news and did not apologize for the inconveniences. Save yourself the trouble and book at the Hyatt just down the road for 5 bucks more - I only wish I had done that myself and will certainly never set foot here ever again.

• Stayed June 2014
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I apologize that your stay with us was disappointing. We realize that it is frustrating when a guest is expectedly relocated to a hotel due to a flight problem, and I’m sorry we didn’t do a better job of easing your stress. The meal vouchers provided by the airline do indicate that they should be presented in the restaurant, and I apologize if we did not do a better job of communicating that to you.

We take all feedback seriously, and will review yours with our housekeeping and restaurant staff.

Bob Janis
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We ended up here, quite by accident. Due to bad weather, we missed our connection at Dulles. So, the airline sent us here. I was braced for the worst, but it was the opposite. Very neat, clean, great service, nice rooms, etc. Shuttle, too! Given the location, it would be perfect for business or pleasure. The breakfast buffet, which starts at 6 a.m., is a wonderful way to begin your day & reasonably priced. I've stayed in D.C. before, but not at this property. In the future, I will most likely return here. I was really impressed with all it offered!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable, the kind of place you would stay longer. On the negative side, they charge extra for a mini frig and microwave which would have come in handy as we were on a 2 week road trip up and down the east coast (wonderful trip, by the way!).
Got the senior rate which did not include breakfast. Oh well! McDonald's was just up the street.

Room Tip: Would stay here again and again.
Green Features: I think they do a fine job in this area. The room was a bit dark but no matter. We were tired and didn't want much light anyway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Granite Quarry, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great hotel, but the last two times I've been there I have killed spiders in my room. Last night there was a spider that I chased .. And could never kill. Needless to say, I only got 45 mins sleep! I think a good spraying would fix the issue!!

Other than the spider issues, I have no complaints!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for saying that we are a great hotel. I apologize for the issue with a spider in the room. I have determined which room you were in, and our maintenance staff will address the issue. When you return, please don't hesitate to bring any problems to our attention while you are here so we can solve them quickly.

Again, thanks for staying with us, and for the feedback.

Bob Janis

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!