“Strategic location, average service” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Dulles
GreenLeadersGold level
Chantilly, Virginia
“Strategic location, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel for attending a workshop for couple of days. The breakfast that was served for the attendees was subpar, with crusty croissant and cold coffee. The staff hardly came to the conference room to replenish the refreshments during the workshop that went on and on till 5 pm. Lunch served for our group was ok but lacked varieties. Did not see very many hotel guests, although it is located close to a busy international airport. There are no dearth of choices for night stay in the area, and I would explore other options.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We find feedback, such as yours, to be very valuable as it assists us in working with our team to consistently provide excellent service.

We would like to apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectation, or ours, and we will be looking into this matter so that we may better serve you in the future.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Dulles and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Zarar Ahmed

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We will never stay at the Holiday Inn--Washington Dulles In’tl Airport again. While we were staying there for our son’s hockey tournament, a very serious health hazard occurred in the pool. The pool was over-chlorinated and no one was told of this danger. Our 13 year old daughter went down to swim with some of the other hockey siblings, and since a lifeguard was on duty, we did not go down. After she had been swimming for about 15 minutes, the lifeguard asked her and the other children from our team to get out of the pool. He proceeded to “grill” them with questions like “did you see anything unusual?”; “did you notice anything strange?”; “did you see someone doing something?” All of which were very vague and left my daughter and the others thinking that someone had pulled a prank or something like this. Never did the lifeguard ask what their room number was or ask to talk with the parents of these children. He had no way of knowing where in the hotel they were staying to have someone follow up with them/us.
A couple of hours later, we found out that the pool had been over-chlorinated and in fact multiple ambulances and fire trucks were dispatched to the hotel to treat the children with burns from the pool. Again, no one ever followed up with us. My daughter did not know that she needed to immediately take a shower after getting out of the pool and scrub with soap to remove all of the chemicals before they could hurt her. I believe this was grossly negligent that the lifeguard never took down information about the children swimming so that parents could be contacted and follow up could be done to ensure that every precaution could be taken to avoid the chemical burns. My daughter did scrub much later but by this time, the eczema on her hands had already flared up to red inflamed skin and cuts.
Because of the seriousness of the mistake and all that were affected, we were told that our hockey team would be given a one night refund. However, when we checked out, we were denied our refund, and were told that only the families of the 15 children who actually had to be transported to the hospital were having the night refunded.
We will never stay at this hotel again. EVER.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Washington Dulles. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

Loudoun County Fire and Rescue conducted a thorough investigation of the incident over the past few days that included testing of chemical levels in our pool at the time of incident. I am happy to inform you that according to the investigation all chemicals were within the limits set by the Health Department. Again, thank you for sharing your guest experience, as it will be used to improve our hotel for future guests.

I hope that you will consider the Holiday Inn Dulles Airport next time you are in the Sterling, Virginia area. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful customer experience.

Zarar Ahmed
Florissant, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel quite frequently and always appreciate the friendly staff, efficient check-in process, and the amenities of a warm heated pool & hot tub and free coffee in the lobby for early morning departures. Rooms are always clean and quiet and wifi internet works efficiently. I recommend this hotel to anyone in the Washington Dulles area.

• Stayed January 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I booked a room here as my niece was flying back to Rotterdam and the weather could have become an issue. I am so glad I did. The traffic out of DC south was a nightmare. My room was immaculate, no odor issues. I was greeted by the reception staff and efficiently checked in. As a grandma traveling alone, I felt very safe. I ordered room service from the pub and the food was nicely presented and satisfying delicious. My only small problem was that room service never answered their phone. I called four times and let the phone ring and ring and no one answered. I finally called the restaurant direct. I did not stay for breakfast and was given a five dollar coupon for the restaurant. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows excellent. I got a bargain on the room and will stay here from now on when doing business with Dulles.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over night in early December, when my flight was cancelled due to a snow storm. It is very close from the airport, about a $15 quick cab ride.

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly, despite being 2 am and lots of upset flyers checking in. Room temperature was perfect, not too cold, not too hot. I slept great.

They have a big sit-down breakfast room, where there are variety of both hot and cold foods. Again, the staff was very friendly and service was efficient. I am not sure how much it was, as my airline covered the cost.

They have a shuttle that leaves for the airport every 30 minutes.

Based on my short experience, I would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is so nice and people are so friendly, especially the man at the reception helped me much, it was Enedino Hernandez.

Rooms are big, clean and zou will not miss nything. Enjoy your stay. Airport shuttle is avaible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed a few times in this hotel. It is a functional hotel that handles passengers who have missed connections and aircrews from nearby Dulles Airport. The shuttle bus to and from the airport is key to its success. I was in the hotel only six hours, from midnight to six am. The hotel has free internet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!