“Great Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over night in early December, when my flight was cancelled due to a snow storm. It is very close from the airport, about a $15 quick cab ride.

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly, despite being 2 am and lots of upset flyers checking in. Room temperature was perfect, not too cold, not too hot. I slept great.

They have a big sit-down breakfast room, where there are variety of both hot and cold foods. Again, the staff was very friendly and service was efficient. I am not sure how much it was, as my airline covered the cost.

They have a shuttle that leaves for the airport every 30 minutes.

Based on my short experience, I would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is so nice and people are so friendly, especially the man at the reception helped me much, it was Enedino Hernandez.

Rooms are big, clean and zou will not miss nything. Enjoy your stay. Airport shuttle is avaible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed a few times in this hotel. It is a functional hotel that handles passengers who have missed connections and aircrews from nearby Dulles Airport. The shuttle bus to and from the airport is key to its success. I was in the hotel only six hours, from midnight to six am. The hotel has free internet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to an early flight at Dulles. We only chose this hotel because of the price and free shuttle to the airport - one of the cheapest for a Sunday night. The hotel is appx 40 years old and it shows. It has been remodeled in recent years, but the wallpaper in our room was already peeling away, the carpet worn and dirty, and several white "fixes" to the wallpaper throughout the room. The ceiling was dingy as well. There were dead bugs in the light fixtures and live bugs that crawled up the bathtub. It smelled musty throughout the entire hotel. The bed was slightly comfortable. The pool was a very long walk away, past most of the rooms as well as the restaurant and conference rooms. We decided not to use it because of the long walk. The restaurant was decent, good service and food was standard fare, though a little pricey. Overall, it was old, smelled musty and had it not only been for one night and about $70 I would not have stayed the night.

Room Tip: If you have children and want easy pool access ask for a room near the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Jen W,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dulles. I apologize that your experience did not meet expectations. I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer regarding the cleanliness and condition of our rooms. I can assure you that re-training will be taking place to ensure that all guestrooms are in perfect condition before we check our guests in. I’m glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and have passed on your concerns regarding pricing to our Food and Beverage Director. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to our area. Your experience is not typical of our hotel and I would like to make your next stay perfect.

Zarar Ahmed
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Pool great for kids. Restaurant was good. Reasonable rates. Front desk and restaurant workers very friendly. Saw lots of airline workers when I stayed for the weekend. Ask for room by pool if needed. Big hotel, lots of rooms on 2 floors. Long hallways and lots of meeting rooms can make for long walk to pool.

Room Tip: Ask for room by pool if needed. Big hotel, lots of rooms on 2 floors. Long hallways and lots of mee...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kings Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here in early October for my sons hockey tournament at a nearby rink.

Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, staff helpful and location desirable.

I don't usually stay in Holiday Inns, but this one far exceeded my expectations and will cause me to reconsider my general bias against this chain.

And the on-premises pub/restaurant was also very good and convenient.

If you have a need to be in the area, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The carpet around my bed was incredibly sticky. I complained and it was wet when I returned, heat on to 82, but the stickiness was still there. At the same time no extra toilet paper and few towels.

My teammate wanted to stay there for the pool which was much smaller than advertised.

Horrible food - totally messed up on my allergies - twice!

The people are nice, but the facility not so much

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear PeripatetiPat,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to ensure that rooms are properly inspected for any issues prior to guest’s arriving. They have assured me that re-training for their staff will be taking place so our team members know what they should be looking for and reporting to management. I have also talked to our Food and Beverage Director regarding the issues you had with your meals and the special accommodations that were not made as requested. I can assure you that these issues are not typical of our hotel. Please consider staying with us again if your travels ever bring you back to the area. I would like the opportunity to make your next stay perfect. Thank you.

Zarar Ahmed

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!