“What you expect from Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reykjavik, Iceland
“What you expect from Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Nice, clean, courteous staff and just what you would expect from a Holiday inn. It is very convenient to Dulles airport, which is probably why most people would choose it. The 2 double bed rooms are not huge, but roomy enough for 2 people with 2 suitcases to move around.
My only complaint was the breakfast - I was traveling with a group and we were put in a separate room for breakfast, with what seemed to be a limited selection - hardly any bread, no yogurt or cut up fruit (there were whole apples and oranges), the selection was pretty limited to eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles (no butter? maybe it just ran out) and donuts.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Aslaug H,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are constantly striving to provide excellent service and an excellent stay for all of our guests. We are pleased that you found the staff at our hotel to be courteous and that your room was spacious enough for you to enjoy your stay.

In regards to your food and beverage experience, we apologize that you found this to be substandard. As part of a travel and/or tour group, it is common practice for the travel/tour agency to book a separate room with a preselected menu for their guests to enjoy. However, we will definitely take your feedback into account for future bookings with these kinds of groups.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Zarar Ahmed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been to this property for 4 different business trips so far this year, and I have to say - I am always impressed. The accommodations are neat and clean, but the service is really what stands out most! Travelling as frequently as I do, it is refreshing to meet hotel employees that still remember, and internalize the fact that they are in the "Hospitality" industry. MAry, at the front desk is charming, warm, accommodating and welcoming. I have NEVER left this hotel to go elsewhere to eat, because my favorite bartender, Chi makes is so vibrant, funny, sweet and willing to go out of her way to make sure her customers never leave O'Malleys Pub disappointed. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife surprised me in 2009 with a 50th birthday "bucket-list request" by taking me to Vegas for the Super Bowl. It was such tremendous fun that we have returned each and every year since for a great trip!! Vegas is truly awesome but the entire trip starts with a super stay at the Holiday Inn in Sterling, VA the day prior to our flight. The "Park, Stay and Fly" is an excellent deal that creates calm in our hectic lives by putting the onus of the trip on this terrific Holiday Inn and their superb staff. In particular Heather Houze Williams (a fellow Steelers fanatic) has gone above and beyond the call of duty to assure that we are comfortable and fully accommodated. We feel safe parking our vehicle there for the week (a great savings compared to airport parking) and the shuttle van drops us off at our airline gate in a very timely manner. The price is right and O'Malley's presents a fun atmosphere and excellent food at a good price too!! Staying at the Holiday Inn in Sterling is a "can't miss" so much so that we are now using them for other trips too. Love love love staying here!! Donna and Tom

Room Tip: All rooms are great as the entire hotel has been full renovated but we like the second floor facing...
Green Features: The Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport uses many environmentally-friendly practices to include: recycling, ENERGY STAR windows,Efficient ventilation system,Linen reuse program and ENERGY STAR laundry machines to mention a few.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Thomas G,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Dulles. We take great pride in our product and our services and I'm glad to see that you have made us your first stop on your vacations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn/Dulles several times en route to the east from the west. It's a low-priced bargain for a clean, comfortable place, with Internet access, indoor pool, good American food and Irish bar, and airport shuttle service with friendly kind staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for about 6 days and was thoroughly satisfied with all aspects of my stay - the room was clean and roomy. the bed was really comfortable and closet space was adequate for me (solo traveller). the bathroom was also very clean. service was quite good at the reception, at the restaurants and at the shuttle service which goes to the airport every 40 minutes and to a local mall every 60 minutes. the hotel is close to the airport and approximately 45 minutes from DC. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Spent 3 days there at a conference where participants needed to be close to Reston VA. Room was a decent size but pretty basic. Had a wonderful 1st floor view of the parking lot. It was clean, the bathroom was acceptable. No real closet and really cheap hangers on a metal rack. Bed was a little soft and pillows were hard. Our air conditioning unit made so much noise that we had to make the decision to try and sleep through it or cook in the heat of the room. We chose the former but it woke me up a couple of times. Breakfast was pretty awful and expensive. Staff were helpful. It would have been more acceptable as a 1 night stopover from an airport than a 3 day stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding you recent stay with us. I'm sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I have directed your comments to our Chief Engineer and he will be doing thorough inspections of all of the AC units to see which ones need to be fixed or replaced. I've also reached out to our Food and Beverage Director in regards to your experience at breakfast. I can assure you that the issues you encountered are not typical of our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area. I would love the opportunity to make your stay "perfect"!

New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a two day bus tour trip to Washington DC from NY. So, we get to stay at a hotel during the night. I didn't know which hotel it would be, but it was great after sleeping here at a . Some minor complaint is that the toilet seat doesn't stay up due to marble top that was in the way. The carpet was very clean that after I got out of the shower and walked on the carpet, I didn't see any hair or lint at all. I usually wear a slipper after shower but didn't bring it with me. The remote controller needed to be directly in front of the tv in order to change channel. We also had wireless access. The bed was very comfortable and the room had four pillows. I never went to a Holiday Inn before but would recommend going to on future trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dulles. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our comfortable beds! I have brought your issues to the attention of our maintenance department and they will be doing a thorough check of our rooms to make sure all remote control batteries are working. They will also be coming up with ideas to get the toilet seats to stay up. I hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC metro area. Thank you!

Zarar Ahmed- General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!