“A Super Start for a Super Trip!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Dulles
GreenLeadersGold level
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“A Super Start for a Super Trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife surprised me in 2009 with a 50th birthday "bucket-list request" by taking me to Vegas for the Super Bowl. It was such tremendous fun that we have returned each and every year since for a great trip!! Vegas is truly awesome but the entire trip starts with a super stay at the Holiday Inn in Sterling, VA the day prior to our flight. The "Park, Stay and Fly" is an excellent deal that creates calm in our hectic lives by putting the onus of the trip on this terrific Holiday Inn and their superb staff. In particular Heather Houze Williams (a fellow Steelers fanatic) has gone above and beyond the call of duty to assure that we are comfortable and fully accommodated. We feel safe parking our vehicle there for the week (a great savings compared to airport parking) and the shuttle van drops us off at our airline gate in a very timely manner. The price is right and O'Malley's presents a fun atmosphere and excellent food at a good price too!! Staying at the Holiday Inn in Sterling is a "can't miss" so much so that we are now using them for other trips too. Love love love staying here!! Donna and Tom

Room Tip: All rooms are great as the entire hotel has been full renovated but we like the second floor facing...
Green Features: The Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport uses many environmentally-friendly practices to include: recycling, ENERGY STAR windows,Efficient ventilation system,Linen reuse program and ENERGY STAR laundry machines to mention a few.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Thomas G,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Dulles. We take great pride in our product and our services and I'm glad to see that you have made us your first stop on your vacations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn/Dulles several times en route to the east from the west. It's a low-priced bargain for a clean, comfortable place, with Internet access, indoor pool, good American food and Irish bar, and airport shuttle service with friendly kind staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for about 6 days and was thoroughly satisfied with all aspects of my stay - the room was clean and roomy. the bed was really comfortable and closet space was adequate for me (solo traveller). the bathroom was also very clean. service was quite good at the reception, at the restaurants and at the shuttle service which goes to the airport every 40 minutes and to a local mall every 60 minutes. the hotel is close to the airport and approximately 45 minutes from DC. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Spent 3 days there at a conference where participants needed to be close to Reston VA. Room was a decent size but pretty basic. Had a wonderful 1st floor view of the parking lot. It was clean, the bathroom was acceptable. No real closet and really cheap hangers on a metal rack. Bed was a little soft and pillows were hard. Our air conditioning unit made so much noise that we had to make the decision to try and sleep through it or cook in the heat of the room. We chose the former but it woke me up a couple of times. Breakfast was pretty awful and expensive. Staff were helpful. It would have been more acceptable as a 1 night stopover from an airport than a 3 day stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding you recent stay with us. I'm sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I have directed your comments to our Chief Engineer and he will be doing thorough inspections of all of the AC units to see which ones need to be fixed or replaced. I've also reached out to our Food and Beverage Director in regards to your experience at breakfast. I can assure you that the issues you encountered are not typical of our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area. I would love the opportunity to make your stay "perfect"!

New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a two day bus tour trip to Washington DC from NY. So, we get to stay at a hotel during the night. I didn't know which hotel it would be, but it was great after sleeping here at a . Some minor complaint is that the toilet seat doesn't stay up due to marble top that was in the way. The carpet was very clean that after I got out of the shower and walked on the carpet, I didn't see any hair or lint at all. I usually wear a slipper after shower but didn't bring it with me. The remote controller needed to be directly in front of the tv in order to change channel. We also had wireless access. The bed was very comfortable and the room had four pillows. I never went to a Holiday Inn before but would recommend going to on future trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dulles. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our comfortable beds! I have brought your issues to the attention of our maintenance department and they will be doing a thorough check of our rooms to make sure all remote control batteries are working. They will also be coming up with ideas to get the toilet seats to stay up. I hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC metro area. Thank you!

Zarar Ahmed- General Manager
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We arrived late at night to the hotel which is definitely not easy to find. Parking was extremely limited. After checking in you have to walk about a mile to your room. The room was a basic mid level business room. Nothing was special and the hangers were plastic, and attached like a cheap hotel instead of Holiday Inn. The bathroom was small with tiny amenities and worn towels. The front desk staff were very friendly and the lobby area was nicely laid out. The bed was fairly comfortable considering the class of the hotel. Also, the air conditioning barely blew leaving the room stuffy for summer. This was more like an Express property than a full service Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Book close to parking or the lobby so you do not have to walk a mile
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Pensando42,

I'm sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper regarding the worn towels in the room and the lack of amenities provided. She will be re-training her staff on proper room inspections so this does not happen again. Our Chief Engineer does routine maintenance on the AC units, he will be doing a thorough check of all of the rooms to make sure everything is running properly. The issues that you encountered are not typical of our property. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area. I would love the opportunity to make your next stay perfect!

Martinsburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

First let me start by saying that since hubbie and I were only staying one night before an early morning flight, I'm pretty sure they gave us the worst room they had, even though it was a Tuesday night and the place wasn't full.
On the positive side, the room was clean (except for a ladybug which didn't matter), and was a good size. The beds were comfortable and there were a good variety of eating establishments nearby.
Now on to the bad: we could only use our phones and tablet next to the window. The rest of the room didn't pick up the signal. There was only one bath towel for two people, so we had to request that. The hot water handle on the bathroom sink came off in hubbie's hand, and there were only 2 outlets available to charge electronics. Hubbie had to charge phone in the bathroom, which is never a good idea. The lack of outlets in itself and inability to pick up the phone signal were bad enough without the other issues.
Bottom line, we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Summerluv0417,

Thank you for your feedback, I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have given your comments to our Executive Housekeeper, so that she is aware that there were not enough towels in your room upon check in. I have also brought the cell phone reception issues to our Chief Engineer. He will be doing research to see how this issue can be fixed. We are currently in the process of adding more outlets to the rooms, since we know that many guests have numerous devices that need to be charged. We are hoping to have this issue resolved very soon. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels ever bring you back to the Washington DC Metro area. I would love the opportunity to make your stay perfect!

Zarar Ahmed

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!