“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Edison, New Jersey
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Spent 3 days there at a conference where participants needed to be close to Reston VA. Room was a decent size but pretty basic. Had a wonderful 1st floor view of the parking lot. It was clean, the bathroom was acceptable. No real closet and really cheap hangers on a metal rack. Bed was a little soft and pillows were hard. Our air conditioning unit made so much noise that we had to make the decision to try and sleep through it or cook in the heat of the room. We chose the former but it woke me up a couple of times. Breakfast was pretty awful and expensive. Staff were helpful. It would have been more acceptable as a 1 night stopover from an airport than a 3 day stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding you recent stay with us. I'm sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I have directed your comments to our Chief Engineer and he will be doing thorough inspections of all of the AC units to see which ones need to be fixed or replaced. I've also reached out to our Food and Beverage Director in regards to your experience at breakfast. I can assure you that the issues you encountered are not typical of our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area. I would love the opportunity to make your stay "perfect"!

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a two day bus tour trip to Washington DC from NY. So, we get to stay at a hotel during the night. I didn't know which hotel it would be, but it was great after sleeping here at a . Some minor complaint is that the toilet seat doesn't stay up due to marble top that was in the way. The carpet was very clean that after I got out of the shower and walked on the carpet, I didn't see any hair or lint at all. I usually wear a slipper after shower but didn't bring it with me. The remote controller needed to be directly in front of the tv in order to change channel. We also had wireless access. The bed was very comfortable and the room had four pillows. I never went to a Holiday Inn before but would recommend going to on future trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Dulles. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our comfortable beds! I have brought your issues to the attention of our maintenance department and they will be doing a thorough check of our rooms to make sure all remote control batteries are working. They will also be coming up with ideas to get the toilet seats to stay up. I hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC metro area. Thank you!

Zarar Ahmed- General Manager
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We arrived late at night to the hotel which is definitely not easy to find. Parking was extremely limited. After checking in you have to walk about a mile to your room. The room was a basic mid level business room. Nothing was special and the hangers were plastic, and attached like a cheap hotel instead of Holiday Inn. The bathroom was small with tiny amenities and worn towels. The front desk staff were very friendly and the lobby area was nicely laid out. The bed was fairly comfortable considering the class of the hotel. Also, the air conditioning barely blew leaving the room stuffy for summer. This was more like an Express property than a full service Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Book close to parking or the lobby so you do not have to walk a mile
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Pensando42,

I'm sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper regarding the worn towels in the room and the lack of amenities provided. She will be re-training her staff on proper room inspections so this does not happen again. Our Chief Engineer does routine maintenance on the AC units, he will be doing a thorough check of all of the rooms to make sure everything is running properly. The issues that you encountered are not typical of our property. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC area. I would love the opportunity to make your next stay perfect!

Martinsburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

First let me start by saying that since hubbie and I were only staying one night before an early morning flight, I'm pretty sure they gave us the worst room they had, even though it was a Tuesday night and the place wasn't full.
On the positive side, the room was clean (except for a ladybug which didn't matter), and was a good size. The beds were comfortable and there were a good variety of eating establishments nearby.
Now on to the bad: we could only use our phones and tablet next to the window. The rest of the room didn't pick up the signal. There was only one bath towel for two people, so we had to request that. The hot water handle on the bathroom sink came off in hubbie's hand, and there were only 2 outlets available to charge electronics. Hubbie had to charge phone in the bathroom, which is never a good idea. The lack of outlets in itself and inability to pick up the phone signal were bad enough without the other issues.
Bottom line, we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Summerluv0417,

Thank you for your feedback, I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have given your comments to our Executive Housekeeper, so that she is aware that there were not enough towels in your room upon check in. I have also brought the cell phone reception issues to our Chief Engineer. He will be doing research to see how this issue can be fixed. We are currently in the process of adding more outlets to the rooms, since we know that many guests have numerous devices that need to be charged. We are hoping to have this issue resolved very soon. I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels ever bring you back to the Washington DC Metro area. I would love the opportunity to make your stay perfect!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our group did a softball tournament and rented 15 rooms for a week. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The rooms were very clean, beds were extremely comfortable with plenty of pillows.We also had about 5 or 6 fastptich softball teams at the hotel (another 50-60 rooms), girls that were aged 15-18 and their families. The hotel set up one of their ballrooms with a breakfast buffet for all of us. The best part that it was ready to eat by 5:30 am, which was important when you have to be out on a field by 6:30. It was very appreciated. We had access to meeting rooms whenever we needed them. It was also extremely helpful to us to have a restaurant on the premises. O'Malley's Pub had great food and the waitstaff was excellent. I can't say enough nice things about this full service hotel and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors, any room seemed to be quiet.
Green Features: We found recycling bins available in all rooms. They also have the water saver faucets but the shower was plenty strong.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Clean hotel close to the hotel & with a free shuttle every 30mins very handy.
Based in a retail park type area, plenty of easy food places nearby and a Walmart around the back. Very handy if you're delayed/on a transfer at the airport.

• Stayed June 2013
Owasso, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had an extended stay at this hotel and found it to be excellent. The hotel staff was so nice and helpful. The lady working in the gift shop was just delightful. The General Manager took the time to check on guests, which is something I admired greatly! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! It is a great place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!