“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Niagara Falls, New York
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Mary at the Front Desk made our stay a very pleasant one. Upon checking in she informed us that the bar was still open for dinner and we took advantage of their late night dining. She also offered to set a wake up call for us which was nice considering I usually have to call to the front desk after I get to my room to set a wake up call. I had a test in the early morning and she continuously asked me if there was anything she could do to make my stay more enjoyable. I was very impressed by the hotel overall, and by the professionalism and exceptional customer service that I received by Mary. Will be visiting this Hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Middletown, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have stayed there twice. The pool and hot tub are very nice, although not open early enough on a weekend. The bed was comfortable but a bit too soft. The breakfast is good but the dinner and lunch food quality in the restaurant is average. There is no free continental breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Unlike other travelers who chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport, I was here for a weekend conference. So I didn't leave the hotel from check-in to check-out.
Thankfully, this property makes a very comfortable weekend sojourn.
Everything works well. It has just two floors so it feels cosy - you aren't far from anything.
The rooms are just right - comfortable beds, easily adjusted heating and cooling, a desk with an adjustable office chair at the right height, bathrooms that appear to be newly refurbished.
The Chantilly restaurant served a hot breakfast buffet, while lunches and dinners were available in O'Malley's Irish pub, which suited me just fine.

My particular event could be thought of as a joke - a bagpipe convention - where you expect to be assaulted by loud music everywhere, but this wasn't the case. Somehow this hotel has the soundproofing right. I could not hear any music at all in my hotel room, and the hallways outside the conference rooms were quiet as well. How did they do this?
Inside the conference rooms I use earplugs, out in the hallways you don't need them.

All in all, I really enjoyed by stay here. It wasn't big and sterile, it wasn't cramped, it wasn't overly modern; it was just right.

If this is what Holiday Inn is serving nowadays, I need to put Holiday Inn on my check list of hotels again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had the fortune of staying at this property while on a work trip. The frint desk was superb. The room was spotless with oh so comfy beds. The shower/bathroom just as nice. The complimentary airport shuttle was a huge help.

The restaurant/bar was great. I was pleasantly surprised they had a Pizza Hut oven. The pizza was delicious, as were te breadsticks I went back for later for a snack. My friend traveling wth me had the burger and was pleased as well.

From top to bottom everyone I came across at this property was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello AmbersM0mmy,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our team strives on a daily basis to insure that this is not just a place to sleep but a home away from home. We are so happy that our product and service exceeded your expectations. Please visit us again if your travels bring you to the DC metro area in the future.

Marisol Rodriguez, CHRE
Asst. General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have never slept so well in a hotel! Their bed is amazing. I will stay again just because of the bed. Everything else was great too, but I obviously cannot stop thinking about the bed.
Staff is great. We were there for a fire department banquet and the food and service was great for that as well. It's tucked away in Sterling off of Shaw Road and is adjacent to Route 28. I definitely recommend.

Room Tip: King room on 2nd floor was great and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Newport News
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked this room a little over a week before my trip and took advantage of their early booking rate (must be booked at least one week before stay). The hotel room was spacious and clean! They offer free WIFI, complimentary newspaper, and coffee is available in the lobby area until 10am, and can be fetched from the resteraunt between 10a - 11a.
Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.
The first night of our stay we ate at O'Malley's resteraunt. The food was good, the staff was very friendly, however the service was slow. It was nice to be able to wind down with a few beers after traveling and not have to drive since the resteraunt is in the hotel.
I was pleased with my stay and will likely choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a bit of an up scale Holiday Inn. Nice lobby, obviously hosts a lot of meetings. Very convenient to Dulles Airport. Hint: If you're looking for it on your GPS it's Sterling, VA not Dulles, VA. The staff greeted me as a Priority Club Platinum and declared I had been designated as "The Guest of the Day"! This got me a note from the manager an a fancy little box of chocolates, which the folks back home appreciated. I had an upgraded suite. The Internet and the business setup were fine. Would easily be a Very Good if it wasn't for the breakfast. The breakfast buffet was in an area that looked as if it was really a meeting room. There was only one staff member to bus the tables, stock the buffet and collect the breakfast coupon. The buffet content was mediocre. Bottom line: nice Holiday Inn but plan time to eat breakfast outside.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnDulles, Director of Food and Beverage at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Julian,

Thank you for taking time out to send us your feedback. We take all of the feedback we receive very seriously and use it to help us improve.

I am very sorry you had a bad experience at Chantilly’s. The service you received is not how we want any guest to be treated and was not delivered to the standards we set for our team. As a traveler, we recognize that you have many options, and we appreciate that you chose us. When you are in this area again please give us the opportunity to serve you again and make this situation right.

I look forward to having you stay with us again and giving my team the opportunity to give you a first class breakfast experience.

Joanna White Director of Food and Beverage

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!