“Fabulous Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“Fabulous Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had the fortune of staying at this property while on a work trip. The frint desk was superb. The room was spotless with oh so comfy beds. The shower/bathroom just as nice. The complimentary airport shuttle was a huge help.

The restaurant/bar was great. I was pleasantly surprised they had a Pizza Hut oven. The pizza was delicious, as were te breadsticks I went back for later for a snack. My friend traveling wth me had the burger and was pleased as well.

From top to bottom everyone I came across at this property was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello AmbersM0mmy,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our team strives on a daily basis to insure that this is not just a place to sleep but a home away from home. We are so happy that our product and service exceeded your expectations. Please visit us again if your travels bring you to the DC metro area in the future.

Marisol Rodriguez, CHRE
Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have never slept so well in a hotel! Their bed is amazing. I will stay again just because of the bed. Everything else was great too, but I obviously cannot stop thinking about the bed.
Staff is great. We were there for a fire department banquet and the food and service was great for that as well. It's tucked away in Sterling off of Shaw Road and is adjacent to Route 28. I definitely recommend.

Room Tip: King room on 2nd floor was great and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Newport News
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked this room a little over a week before my trip and took advantage of their early booking rate (must be booked at least one week before stay). The hotel room was spacious and clean! They offer free WIFI, complimentary newspaper, and coffee is available in the lobby area until 10am, and can be fetched from the resteraunt between 10a - 11a.
Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.
The first night of our stay we ate at O'Malley's resteraunt. The food was good, the staff was very friendly, however the service was slow. It was nice to be able to wind down with a few beers after traveling and not have to drive since the resteraunt is in the hotel.
I was pleased with my stay and will likely choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a bit of an up scale Holiday Inn. Nice lobby, obviously hosts a lot of meetings. Very convenient to Dulles Airport. Hint: If you're looking for it on your GPS it's Sterling, VA not Dulles, VA. The staff greeted me as a Priority Club Platinum and declared I had been designated as "The Guest of the Day"! This got me a note from the manager an a fancy little box of chocolates, which the folks back home appreciated. I had an upgraded suite. The Internet and the business setup were fine. Would easily be a Very Good if it wasn't for the breakfast. The breakfast buffet was in an area that looked as if it was really a meeting room. There was only one staff member to bus the tables, stock the buffet and collect the breakfast coupon. The buffet content was mediocre. Bottom line: nice Holiday Inn but plan time to eat breakfast outside.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnDulles, Director of Food and Beverage at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Julian,

Thank you for taking time out to send us your feedback. We take all of the feedback we receive very seriously and use it to help us improve.

I am very sorry you had a bad experience at Chantilly’s. The service you received is not how we want any guest to be treated and was not delivered to the standards we set for our team. As a traveler, we recognize that you have many options, and we appreciate that you chose us. When you are in this area again please give us the opportunity to serve you again and make this situation right.

I look forward to having you stay with us again and giving my team the opportunity to give you a first class breakfast experience.

Joanna White Director of Food and Beverage
Florissant, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had dinner in the Banquet Room of the Holiday Inn. The meal was delicious. The baked chicken was the best. the sauteed cucumbers were tasty. The service was excellent. we had a very good dinner. We came in on a tour bus, so there were quite a few of us. But, the hotel banquet room was very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is showing its age. The rooms. Are on the small side and the heating unit in the room makes a terrible racket. The bathrooms are small and the towels thin. I attended a conference and the staff did a good job of handling the crowd. Parking for a large group is a problem as the lot is too small. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello Mickey O,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your feedback helps us to increase our level of service and address any additional concerns.

We strive for customer excellence and want to ensure the satisfaction of all of our guests. If you are ever back in our area, I hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again.

Zara Ahmed General Manager
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Room 1202. Recently renovated, but they didn't go far enough. Have to crawl on the floor to find power outlets (only one on desk). Exteremely noisy air conditioner, "rattles" before compressor comes on or off. WiFi doesn't work - front desk said they would reset, but no such luck. Mattress was lumpy, saggy. Pillows also felt extremely low quality and, unfortunately, that meant that I found myself wide awake and uncomfortable at 3 am. If a hotel isn't comfortable enough to offer a good night's sleep than they have failed at the very reason for their existence.

For what it's worth, I'm a fan of IHG - and platinum in Priority Club.

• Stayed October 2012
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello Mike W,

I would like to start by saying thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and it was a pleasure to speak with you yesterday, your feedback helps us to increase our level of service and address any additional concerns.

I have already informed our maintenance and housekeeping departments regarding your concerns with your guestroom and we are actively working to find a solution for them. I’m going to address the situation you had with the Internet. We work with a third party for our guest internet so it is important that our team knows what problems we can address on property and which we need the help of our service provider to ensure our guests can properly connect to a quick internet connection.

Zara Ahmed General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!