“Cheap if you book early” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap if you book early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed here at the beginning of a road trip, the advanced price we got was cheaper than local "budget hotels". Hotel was very clean with the advantage of a pool. We went for a swim and joined an aqua aerobics lesson which was interesting. The jacuzzi wasnt working and was a horrible colour but everything else was lovely.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
WashDCHotels, Owner and Management Representative at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear Nickyboy77,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are always happy to hear from our guests.

We are glad to hear you were able to get a great rate with our advanced purchase rates online on our website. They can really help our guests save more on their room than through other online sites. We are glad you enjoyed to pool and hope that the whirlpool spa being out of order didn’t cause you too much inconvenience. That should be fixed very soon.

We are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you again.

The Holiday Inn Dulles Airport Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

Great value when I stayed. Very close to the airport. Bar was very expensive... $7+ per pint

• Stayed January 2012
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Hi magicdad,

Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay at the hotel. We are very happy that you felt you received a great value and that our location near the airport was convenient for you. You are right that $7 is expensive for a pint but you may have received a “tall” which is what we call our larger glasses.

We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the area.

virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for an inexpensive "stay and park" prior to an early flight out of Dulles and thought this hotel would suffice. For the price, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, comfortable and up to date. There is a great sports bar O'Malleys where we all cheered for the Giants on numerous televisions. The shuttle to the airport runs every half hour. Great find!

• Stayed January 2012
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear liliVirginia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel! We love to hear from our guests.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our great Park and Fly package. It’s great to also hear that you enjoyed your Giants’ Victory, it was quite a game!

We are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I booked this hotel using my priorty points for the frist night of my stay in america it was so much better than the average airport hotel the room was clean quiet and huge although a little way from the airport and the lady on the desk was so nice that it put me in a very positive mood about the country the bar and resturant were also much better than average

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear alan252,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you were comfortable and that our staff was able to make you feel welcomed. We really hope that you enjoy your time in the US and that we get a chance to see you the next time you are in the area.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Nothing special about this one. Did have a hot tub but it was not very hot. In my room there was a tub mat pealing up and a very black ring of junk under and around it. There was also an outlet falling off the walls. Not something I expect from Holiday inn. Service was lacking. One morning despite the do not disturb sign on my door about 8:30 or 9 am someone knocked but before I could reach the door inserted a key, the lock I had across stopped the door and the person took off promptly so I could not see who it was. I have never had that problem before and I travel often. Back entry #2 where my room was does have keyed entry however the door has to pushed hard to lock it so every time I came to go outside it was open. Basically its more for looks of security that it is secure. Bottom line I am use to much better from holiday inn. It was clean enough for a night but I would not want to stay there on vacation or for any other reason. I think this must be a franchised property.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hello Roll-About,

Thank you very much for providing some very insightful and detailed feedback about your stay. We take all of our guests’ comments very seriously so we can always improve.

We apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel and we would like to assure you that your experience is certainly not typical and is definitely below our standards. The issue you experienced with the housekeeper will be addressed immediately. We will also be sure to have the engineers fix the temperature in the hot tub and address the issue with the door. During the month’s where the temperature fluctuates so much all doors will experience a little expanding or contrasting in the frame and door itself which can sometime make them stick open or closed.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove that we can do it right and provide the best experience possible.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed one week here. The staff was very friendly, we called ahead of time to let them know we'd be checking in late since our flight landed at 11pm.

However, when we checked in, the first room they gave us still had someone's dirty laundry in it on the luggage rack. They immediately gave us another room, but we lost our upgrade because of availability.

The restaurant is decent pub style food. The salads are actually good, so I'm not sure if they've changed them since previous reviews or if they were having an off day before. Some of their other items are priced and described as more "gourmet" than they really are. I would stick to burgers and easy stuff instead of trying their supposed Irish entrees.

The breakfast is your standard Holiday Inn breakfast, nothing spectacular. The waitress didn't seem to understand that we wanted the menu and not the buffet, though.

The rooms are comfortable and our second room was very clean.

The insulation is better than other hotels we've stayed in, so we were both able to get a good night's rest each night we stayed.

I had an issue with smelling the chlorine from the pool all the way into the hall and the restaurant, but I was also 8 weeks pregnant when we stayed and it might have just been my oversensitive nose.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear jlnotary,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and provide us with some very helpful feedback. We love hearing from our guests and do everything we can to correct any issues they have experienced.

The team is very happy to hear that you felt welcomed during your stay. We are sorry that the room you first went to wasn’t ready; we are addressing the issue with housekeeping and the front desk teams. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the pub! We have been working very hard to improve the entire experience of the pub recently and we are glad to hear that our guests are noticing the difference.

We are glad to hear that you also got a great night’s sleep as that is the most important part of staying at a hotel. We are looking forward to the next time you are in the area and we have another chance to serve you.

Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times using their Park & Fly service. I am a Priority Club Member so I was happy to get an upgraded room, which was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was average to poor. There are no options for Gluten Free meals, even the salad was questionable. I had Fish & Chips which tasted old. We needed the 6 a.m. shuttle service to Dulles Airport for our flight, and were bumped for a flight crew. They did bring another van about 10 minutes later. They are doing construction so many parking places were taken with construction vehicles. The area where they told us to park was on the opposite side of the building from our room, and there were no spaces available. It was a hassle to deal with and I worried about my car being towed my entire trip. This is a very convenient location, but I think I will stay elsewhere until the construction is completed. And I will never eat at O'Malley's again.

Room Tip: Parking is a hassle due to construction vehicles.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
FrankOhara, Owner and Management Representative at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Vacation-Loca,

Please let me start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. As a repeat Priority Club guest, your opinion is extremely important to us, so thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

At O’Malley’s we pride ourselves on having an environment of “great food” and “fun times,” so we assure you that we will share your feedback directly with the pub manager and director of food and beverage. We only serve fresh food in all our food outlets, so if something didn’t taste fresh, we will get rid of it immediately. Also, thank you for the feedback about our lack of gluten-free items; that is great information for us to have. We will most definitely look into providing some gluten-free options on our menu.

Regarding your shuttle ride, I apologize you were bumped off the 6 AM shuttle; we will address our shuttle service at peak times so that don’t have to bump any guests that are on time constraints. And about your parked car specifically, though parking may have been inconvenient, we assure you that a guest’s car is never in any risk of being towed while on our lot. We deeply regret that you were concerned about that. I know how unsettling that must have felt while you traveled. While there isn’t any construction at the hotel we apologize for the temporary inconvenience of the utility contractor trucks that are in our parking lot.

We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are flying out of Dulles so we can show you that we are truly dedicated to providing the best experience possible for our guests.

The Holiday Inn Dulles Airport Team

Been to Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!