“I would die before returning!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Comfortable Day Rooms
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Fresno
“I would die before returning!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

Hear ye! If you are the type of traveler which does not mind paying an atrocious amount of money for a second rate hotel and extremely poor customer service then HERE'S YOUR SIGN!

To begin, the hotel is badly in need of rennovation, the room no bigger than my closet and by all means if you do stay here do not ask the staff to go above and beyond, it is beyond their understanding and capability.

If given the option to stay at this particular hotel again, I would choose homelessness. In fact, my experience was so bad I plan on ruling out choosing a Marriott at any location again.

• Stayed April 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Petaluma_Calif
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

We arrived in the early morning after a redeye. And like another reviewer was given a non smoking room on the ground floor that reeked of smoke. We were then given room 3410 which was fine until we took a nap between 11:30 - 4 pm to recover from the jet lag,etc. There was an intermittent screeching sound like a heater trying to start every 30 minutes. My husband was able to sleep and tune it out but since I was closer to the sound, I rested but could not exactly sleep. At shower time, I realized the noise came from beyond the bathroom walls, perhaps from the water starting. The bathroom was clean, but trying to figure out how to turn on the water and the right temperature for the shower was a feat in itself. I went to get the robe in the closet- soft, clean, but strange no belt! I was glad to find the snack shop downstairs. i'm glad I didn't order any food at the restaurant after reading the reviews after we arrived home. We typically love the Marriott but this experience would be categorized as a bit strange.

• Liked — comfortable beds
  • Disliked — noisy room
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

We had a very early flight from IAD, and decided to stay at this hotel to maximize our sleep the night before. The park and fly option was about $120 including tax. For that price, you get the room and up to 2 weeks parking. The money you save on parking can just about pay for the hotel (or maybe more than pay for the hotel....). The hotel is on the airport property. They run a shuttle every 15 minutes. We found the shuttle to be very prompt. It takes about 2 minutes to get from the hotel to the airport. The hotel was clean, the room was nice, and the check in was easy and friendly. There was plenty of parking available. I would definitely do this again and use the same hotel. (NOTE: There is another Mariott hotel in Herndon, but not on the airport property - we met some people who booked the wrong one by mistake -- if you are doing the park n fly and want to be at the hotel located on Dulles Airport, make sure you get the right one).

Stayed November 2006
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2006

This hotel is literally at the airport - was very convenient for a late night arrival and picking up a rental car the next morning. The hotel was clean and very well-appointed. The beds were dreamy! The only two small disadvantages were difficulty understanding the international staff over the phone when asking for direction and in person at the desk AND the shuttle from the airport was difficult to catch- did not pass by every 15 minutes as promised - but may have been an isolated incident. We got a great price on this hotel through priceline and were very satisfied with our stay- a lovely hotel and good value.

• Liked — Clean comfortable rooms in a convenient location
  • Disliked — Not a destination hotel, but great stop over.
  • Tips/Secrets — Call ahead about meeting the hotel shuttle.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

We stayed here on Christmas day for a Park and Fly. The lobby was festively decorated. Our room was fine. The staff were nice considering they were working the holiday. We also received a free pay per view movie; we chose Madagascar which is now a favorite. Nice Bath & Body toiletries. Only comment was the lobby dining area smelled smoky even in the non-smoking area. Shuttle was on time. We'll stay again.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

Boring, standard hotel. Had to move from my first non-smoking room as it stank of smoke. My second room was comfortable and fairly spacious. Room service dinner was adequate. Ridiculously expensive for the quality.

Location is great, though - shuttles every fifteen minutes to the airport, and it's only a five minute journey, although most other local hotels have shuttles too.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

I arrived late from another US city, stayed one night and departed early the next morning. Given the comfort of my room I was sorry I could not stay longer. The furnishings and other facilities were first class ( I have an impression of a major recent makeover), and the only minor gripe was the distance which I had to wheel my suitcase from reception. The van pickup from the airport and back to it the next morning was friendly and efficeint. The price was very competitive for the convenience and level of comfort involved - perhaps I got an especially good rate as my stay was on a Saturday night. As hotel airports go, this is one of the best I have stayed in. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!