“Good Value, Conveniently Located, Very Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Comfortable Day Rooms
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dulles
England
“Good Value, Conveniently Located, Very Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

I arrived late from another US city, stayed one night and departed early the next morning. Given the comfort of my room I was sorry I could not stay longer. The furnishings and other facilities were first class ( I have an impression of a major recent makeover), and the only minor gripe was the distance which I had to wheel my suitcase from reception. The van pickup from the airport and back to it the next morning was friendly and efficeint. The price was very competitive for the convenience and level of comfort involved - perhaps I got an especially good rate as my stay was on a Saturday night. As hotel airports go, this is one of the best I have stayed in. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

Having read some less-than-favourable reviews here, we were somewhat anxious about our one night's stay after arriving on a flight from the UK. The shuttle drivers collecting us from the airport terminal were either dim or rude, driving past us twice with nearly empty vans in spite of our very obvious waving.

However, upon our arrival at the hotel (a very convenient stone's throw from the terminal) the girl at reception more than made up for this poor beginning by being switched on, charming, efficient and checking us in quickly to quiet, spacious rooms overlooking a pond/small lake.

While certainly generic and with typical chain-hotel pictures on the walls, our 2 x double and our friend's king room were both spacious, clean and - importantly for us - calm and quiet. The 'Bath & Body Works' Aromatherapy orange & ginger range of toiletries was a lovely bonus and the beds were deliciously comfortable, providing us with an excellent night's sleep.

The presence of Starbucks' coffee & products in the small store in reception enabled us to have a quick muffin for breakfast without paying out for a large restaurant breakfast we wouldn't have wanted.

In all, we were surprisingly impressed with the hotel. While the architrecture certainly leaves a great deal to be desired, once inside we felt very comfortable and would happily recommend this as a decent place to spend a night before or after a flight.

• Stayed April 2006
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

People are pleasant, open and nice. Location is really great for catching an early morning flight. But at $300 per night, expect more...much more. Hotel itself is old and shows it. Rooms are clean, but tired. Food was okay, but not great. Concierge level carries extra cost, but club room was disappointing. Next time, I'll go someplace else. For about the same money, the Ritz at Tyson's Corner is far superior. And I getting up 30 mins earlier is a worthwhile tradeoff.

Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2005

Good hotel conveniently located within the Dulles airport, and only a few minutes by free shuttle to the terminal. The indoor heated pool and whirlpool are great amenities, and the locker rooms and showers at the pool mean it is not necessary to walk back to your room in your wet swim wear, rather you can shower and change at the pool, which is nice. The hotel is comfortable, staff were friendly. I did not try any of the food and beverage outlets.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

Let me start off by saying that I'm a corporate pilot, and I stay the night on the road 100+ nights a year, so I don't give one-time, biased views of hotels. I stay in a lot of them, all chains, and I understand the importance of staying in good places when you travel.

I stayed at this particular Mariott for three days recently. Overall it was a good hotel, but there were a few issues I'd like to list.

First off location. There is nothing around the hotel to do or eat. The only option you have is to eat at one of the two restaurant's inside the hotel. These left a lot to be desired!

When I say two restaurant's, don't let that fool you. They're actually one and the same, even including the same menu, they're just located in two different places. Very poor selection, and even poorer food quality. I tried their breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the only thing I found that was even decent was the Spinach/Artichoke Dip, and the Bacon Cheeseburger. The food defintely wasn't worth the price. I paid $12 for Fish and Chips, and I got two pieces of meat that would hardly qualify as fish, and a smal handful of fries. The guy I was travelling with got the Chicken Tenders, and he had the same experience. Personally I think the meat was one in the same!

The restaurant service was absolutely horrible. I didn't go down and visit once where I didn't wait any less then 15 minutes for a waiter to come over to my table to introduce himself and take our drink order, you wait atleast 20-30 minutes for your food, then once your done, you can wait up to 20-30 minutes for them to come over and take your plates and give you the bill. And needless to say, you're getting great service if the waiter comes over once while your eating to refill your drinks or ask if you need anything. It gets very frustrating after awhile. And what's even more frustrating is that it's your only option of places to eat. There's no where else around the hotel to go. I couldn't even find a vending machine in the hotel to eat out of instead. Just pop and ice machines everywhere.

Now to be fair, the hotel rooms were nice, and very comfortable. One thing I love about the Mariott chains is the comfortable down comforters and pillows. Always get a great nights sleep when I stay there. The rooms were overall clean, and the house keepers were always very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were by far my favorite part of this stay.

Mariott is typically a great chain and I try to stay at them every chance I get, however this one is a far exception of your typical Mariott hotel, and I would highly discourage anyone from staying at this particular hotel!

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

I stayed here 7/29, the night before I had a 6am flight. The parking was $30 for a week, MUCH cheaper than the Dulles facilities. The only catch is that you stay here one night. Not an issue! The room service was adequate, the rooms are a bit small, but this isn't a place you come for luxury, but for convenience. The airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes starting at 5am, and runs every 10 minutes up until midnight (after that, call and they will come and get you). The shuttle drivers are SO nice and helpful! There is even a TV monitor in the lobby by the phones that show flight departures over at the airport! Great little sundry shop off of the lobby as well. I plan on using this hotel from now on when I have an early morning flight!

• Stayed July 2005
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

Recently stayed just one night at the Dulles Marriott. The room was above average, though the carpeting by the door was worn so bad the color had completely faded away from it. The hotel is rather spread out, so if you know you have a lot of luggage, you might want to request a room close to the lobby. My room was actually as far as one could be from the lobby and it was a bit of a pain to schlep my bags with. The best reason to stay here is their unadvertised airport parking charge - $30 for 7 days, $ 40 for up to two weeks. I really didn't do anything else beyond sleep there, so I can't pass judgement on other aspects of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!