“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Chico, California
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent the night at the Marriott Dulles Airport Hotel. Was extremely surprised how little the cost of the room was. The hotel room was immaculate, clean and very comfortable. We were given a room overlooking the lake on the property. Nice stay and will do it again

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
GM_Dulles_Marriott, Director of Operations at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear max1111111,

It makes us happy to know that your one night stay at our hotel was a nice one and that you were extremely surprised how inexpensive it was given our location! We are glad you found your hotel room was immaculate, clean and very comfortable and that you were given a room overlooking the lake on the property. We love to hear that guests were extremely pleased with their accommodations and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The rooms at the hotel were big, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. When I first got into the hotel room, I couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on (I don't know if one switch or light wasn't working), but eventually I got there.

I decided to stay there even though I was in DC for 2 days because I landed at 2am and was leaving at 10am, and wanted all the extra sleep I could get. I had friends and plans in DC, though, and when I went to the front desk to ask how I get to DC, they couldn't really explain how. They mentioned some kind of bus, but didn't know details of exactly how to get there or how long it would take. I ended up taking an Uber into the city because I thought the desk could help me and I didn't have the time to figure it out on my own that point.

I took the metro back, which was decent enough. I paid about $9 for the Uber from the hotel to the Reston Metro station, and $14 for a day pass on the metro. Not bad.

The surrounding area is quite dead (unless you like suburbia, then you'll enjoy the Wendy's, AMC, and Friday's). Also, their shuttle to the airport runs *every 30 minutes.* I found that for such a large hotel, they could have had a better schedule. I once stayed at a very small hotel in coastal Oregon that ran to the airport more than 2 twice an hour. Alas, it worked out for me, but only barely.

In the end, I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an airport hotel near Dulles.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
GM_Dulles_Marriott, Director of Operations at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear ZonaCatHoops,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your two day stay with us. We are glad to know you chose our hotel because of our convenient location, a mile away, from the airport! Our convenient shuttle, which usually runs every 15 minutes, makes us a great place to stay to get to and from the airport quickly.

We are glad to know you liked your spacious, comfortable room accommodations and that you received friendly service throughout your stay. Our hotel location lends itself to an easy and quick trip to the DC area, especially with the Metro bus only a mile away. We apologize if our front desk was not as knowledgeable as you needed to guide you in the right direction.

We value you as a Marriott guest and hope we can welcome you back again when you are in the area again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a truck driver and normally look for a cheap motel where my only standards are low price and clean sheets. Let me tell you, I have stayed in some horrible places. This weekend I picked up a load at Washington Dulles air cargo and decided to treat myself to staying at the Marriott which was right across the street. The price was only $89 per night, plus I had a free night to redeem so it only cost $89 to stay for two nights. This Marriott is the nicest Hotel I have ever stayed in. When I treat myself I normally stay at a Hampton Inn instead of Super 8. While waiting in line to check in one of the hotel employees asked me if I would like a drink while I waited. The bellman also offered to take my bags to my room. Even with the long line, the check in process was quicker than expected. The front desk lady asked me if a bottom level unit was ok (as if it normally isn't ok with other guests). I said sure. It was a long walk to the room...but the type of people who write bad reviews on here because the hallways are too long are the same snotty people who will get livid when the Hotel is too full for them to get a room. Upon entering the room I noticed how nice the furniture was and how clean the room was. There was also a 2nd door that led out to a small patio in their courtyard that had patio furniture. The small patios were only for the ground floor units, so I recommend asking for ground floor instead of complaining if you get ground floor. When I went to bed I melted into the high thread count sheets, high end down comforter, and soft mattress. The next day I took a free shuttle to the airport to catch a metro bus so I could see the national mall. The shuttles were leaving promptly every 15 minutes. They were also prompt on the return trip after my long day in DC. My only complaints for the stay is I wish the rooms had a microwave and the restaurant was pretty expensive...$7.00 for a miller light beer is the least expensive option for alcohol, and a cheeseburger was $16.00. On a side note...while I was at the bar I was conversing with the guy next to me. When I told him I was a truck driver he asked why I was staying at the Marriott. I don't think he meant to be rude, but deep down it really hurt my feelings. That night, before I went to bed, I started reading some of the reviews, and was shocked by how fickle some of the negative reviews were. This place is great. I felt blessed to stay in luxury this weekend at an economy price. The saying goes "you get what you pay for," but I got 20 times more than what I paid for. If you can afford to stay at a place like the Marriott, and this is the standard you are used to, be appreciative and give thanks. Don't nit pick and be nice to others. Don't be the guy at the bar who made me feel like a low life.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GM_Dulles_Marriott, Director of Operations at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Scott57552,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent two night stay with us and to let us know how "blessed" you felt to stay at our hotel! We are glad you "treated" yourself and chose our hotel while in Washington DC for work. Thank you for sharing that as soon as you arrived, you were greeted with friendly, helpful service and that you felt very welcome and that your check-in was easy and quicker than expected.

We are glad after being on the road that your room accommodations were to your liking and that you had a very good, comfortable night's sleep. Our airport shuttle makes it very convenient to get back and forth to the airport and we are happy to know it came in handy to get you to the Metro Bus Line so you could go into DC and do some sightseeing.

Our staff strives each day to provide personal service to each guest and to offer a wonderful stay and we are so pleased to know you received both while staying here with us. We hope when you return to our area, we can welcome you back.
Salina, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Honestly, I picked this place due to its proximity to Dulles (only a $5 taxi ride!). Building feels a little dated but does have the traditional Marriott color coordinates. I expected to see some members of the Rat Pack having drinks in the bar. My room seems clean enough, too. I had to ask for a bar of soap. Not free WIFI (wise up Marriott!!). Rooms have only a refrigerator, no microwave. The guy at the front desk said it was because of fire issues which is baloney since almost every room I have stayed in over the last 6 years have had one. I think they want you to order off the room menu which is expensive. I just came from the Gaithersburg Marriott where a Caesar salad with chicken is $12. Here it is $17! So. if you don't want to get gouged for room service you can buy a frozen meal and zap it in the tiny store near the check-in desk.

Upsides: Close proximity to Dulles, bar looked OK (I don't drink), seems pretty clean, low cost
Issues: Lack of microwave, pay for WIFI (speed seems OK)

Bottom Line: If all you want is to have a nice place close to Dulles, this would be good choice. Bring your own meal, though.

Room Tip: If you have somebody with mobility issues, some of the rooms would require quite a hike. Call ahead...
Green Features: Marriott's low flow toilets need multiple flushes to get anything down so I don't understand how that can save any water.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear B1Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay with us. We are glad that our convenient location worked well for you and that you were pleased for the most part with your room accommodations.

As of January 15th, free in-room Wi-Fi is offered for all guests who book their stay through our Marriott Rewards Members. We are sorry if you felt your stay was not a good value. Our pricing is competitive with other full-service hotels adjacent to the airport which offer the same range of facilities and services including the expansive lobby and restaurant, and free airport shuttle, but if we did not communicate that value for your travel dollar, then we are very sorry.

We hope to welcome you back again when you are traveling to the area.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked 2 rooms to stay prior to departing for vacation. The entire experience was fantastic. I called the hotel direct to ensure 2 rooms and make sure we could have park & ride while we were gone. Effortless. Check in was easy and smooth. We were able to park close and secure our shuttle to the airport (which is literally about 5 minutes or less away). The beds and pillows are absolutely the most comfortable we've ever slept in. The rooms were spotless as was the entire hotel. Extremely friendly staff too. Pick up at the airport for transfer back to the hotel to get our car was so easy. We would definitely recommend this hotel and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
GM_Dulles_Marriott, Director of Operations at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear HonestReviewer1234,

We love hearing that you had an excellent stay and that our "Park here, Fly there" package worked well for your travels. Thank you for sharing that you were very happy with your comfortable room accommodations and that your check-in was quick and easy and that our staff offered wonderful service throughout your stay.

Because of our close proximity to the airport and our convenient airport shuttle running every 15-20 minutes, makes us the perfect spot for travelers. We are glad we could offer a stress-free trip to you. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a 9 and a half hour flight from Europe, one and a half hour wait at customs, it was nice to use the shuttle which came every 15 min. The check-in went fast, room was spacious, bathroom clean and inviting and my girlfriend was happy to see the hairdryer. Wifi worked perfect. We had a quick bite & drink in the nice restaurant, and headed back to the room to prepare/sleep for our connecting flight the next morning. The bed was really cosy and we were completely rested the next day to catch our connecting flight. Exactly what we needed !!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Marciano H,

We are happy to know after a nine and a half hour flight that our hotel offered exactly what you needed, convenience and comfort! Thank you for sharing that our airport shuttle was very timely and made travel back and forth to the airport stress-free! We are glad your check-in went quickly and that a spacious, comfortable room was waiting for you! We are happy to know after a good meal and quiet night's sleep you were both refreshed and ready for the rest of your travels. We know traveling can be stressful, so we are happy to hear that a night's stay at our hotel helped to make all of it more relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.
North Conway, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

stayed 6 nights, the room was at best average, couldn't have been further from reception but still not peaceful with lots of noise in the corridors. being so far from the lobby is a pain as there is NO Free WiFi unless you join the "club". Likewise a very average breakfast buffet comes in as 20 dollars.... most good hotels have better variety and it is free.
location is not handy for anywhere driving is a must. There has to be better airport hotels so I advise looking elsewhere as this isn't one of them. C'mon Marriot, up your game!

Dear Dave R,

We value the opinions and feedback of each and every guest who come to our hotel, and we are sorry if you were not pleased with your recent stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and we do hope you will give us another try next time you are in the area.

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!