“Exactly what I needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
San Francisco, California
“Exactly what I needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here because I had a very early morning flight out of Dulles. I booked this hotel because it would allow me to maximize my sleep and in hopes that it would also be a relaxing, good sleep given the DC-area hotel at which I had stayed the previous evening (total nightmare). Mission accomplished on both fronts. The room was modern and clean, the internet was quick, the shuttle to the airport left when scheduled, and I lucked out (because really, it is all about luck) and got quiet neighbors. Thank you, whoever you were. I am super quiet and never even turn on my TV (opting instead for work/movies and my laptop and headphones) and am eternally grateful when I have like-minded and considerate neighbors. Is there an app for that? I also thought that the little glass of wine at check-in was a super-classy touch. Very nice, Marriott.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
GM_Dulles_Marriott, Director of Operations at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Jen335,

We are happy to know we provided you with exactly what you needed when you stayed with us recently. Thank you for letting us know that as soon as you checked-in, you felt you were well taken care of, starting with a glass of wine!

We are glad you found your room modern and clean, the internet quick, and our shuttle to the airport very dependable and convenient and that it left when scheduled! Thank you for also sharing that you had a good, peaceful night sleep

Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for is our goal each day and we are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
Newburyport, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked out of this hotel 3 hours ago. I wanted to share this review while the experience is still fresh in my mind.
We arrived at 8:30pm last night to Washington Dulles Airport. We had a connecting flight scheduled for this morning, so all we really needed was a convenient place for my husband, my 2 children and I to rest our heads. We had booked a room at the Marriott Airport based off of proximity to the airport.
Here is the issue: When we arrived at the place to pick up the shuttle it was cold and snowy. My two small children were exhausted from traveling. We waited outside in the snow for 45 minutes for the shuttle. When the shuttle finally came, I went to board and the driver said "courtyard". The shuttle clearly said "Washington Dulles AIRPORT". (We had just taken the same shuttle 7 days ago, so I knew what it looked like . I said "No, Marriott Airport". He repeated "No, Courtyard". I was totally confused at this point so I glanced at the 8-10 passengers who were already onboard the shuttle. Sure enough, it all made sense. All of the passengers were pilots or flight attendants. I once more said "my children are cold and tired". He said "no". Then drove off. At this point we called the hotel 3 consecutive times asking about the shuttle. Every other shuttle from different hotels had already come by at least twice. Then FINALLY after 1 hour in the cold the shuttle came again. Sure enough, same driver. I said "you just told me this was a courtyard shuttle". He said "no, YOU said the courtyard". This was a complete lie.
I would avoid this hotel solely because of the shuttle service. They seem to favor the flight staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
GM_Dulles_Marriott, Director of Operations at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear kristen d,

We are quite sorry if you had issues getting from the airport to your hotel; however, our shuttle was running a regular 15 minute schedule so we believe this review is probably meant for another property.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed there because our flight was cancelled due to a winter storm. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We got a room on the ground floor facing the pool but there was a draft coming from the balcony. We requested a room change and in minutes we were in our new room. The room was clean and the toiletries were a nice touch. Transportation to the airport was reliable going in and coming out. Couldn't ask anymore from an airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear TexMexZilian,

Getting stranded at the airport due to a storm can be a nightmare, but we are happy to know we were able to accommodate you so quickly and get you checked-in for an overnight stay. Thank you for letting us know how friendly and helpful our staff was and that when a problem occurred in your room they quickly accommodated you and moved you into another.

Our close proximity to the airport and our shuttle service to and from, make us the perfect choice when traveling and we are glad we helped to ease some of your travel stress when you stayed with us. We hope to welcome you back again one day.
Puget Sound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

With a very late arrival scheduled, we chose to spend the night at the airport rather than ask our sister to pick us up around mid-night. Tower problems, however, temporarily closed Dulles, delayed our take off from Midway, brought a very late arrival at Dulles, and lead to us needing a ride to the hotel at 2 am. Even though the Marriott's van service was supposed to end at 12:30 am, a call to the hotel received a friendly response. The van came quickly and rescued us in the 8 degree night. The next day the van driver cheerfully took us to the Enterprise lot when Enterprise claimed they could not enter the Marriott property. All told we were there less than nine hours but we received friendly, quick, and effective help with our local transportation needs as well as good, but shortened sleep. One doesn't choose an airport hotel for the scenery. Marriott more than delivered on convenience.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Recumbent_Tourist,

Thank you for sharing that we were able to "rescue" you at 2:30 in the morning from the airport! We are glad to hear that our staff was quick to react to your situation and went above and beyond to get you over to the hotel to get some sleep, even thought was past our normal shuttle hours. We are also happy to know they were very helpful and accommodating the next morning when you needed to pick-up your car rental. Making our guests feel welcomed and well cared for is our number one goal and we are pleased to know we did both while you were here with us!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here one night while waiting for our international flight. The stay was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle made easy airport departure and return. We had the room with the concingere lounge access which was great. Hotel staff refused tip after dealing with all our luggage.

Only negative is morning shuttle driver tried to give us a baloney start of why he couldn't drop us off at the ANA Airline check in counter. Then I advised him the evening driver told us to request the drop off and then he did it.

We are rewards member and booked online which gave us free internet.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear RichieRich2010,

We are so happy that your quick stay before boarding an early international flight was so enjoyable. Our free airport shuttle running continuously throughout the day and close proximity to the airport makes us the perfect spot to stay when flying out.

Thank you for mentioning that when booking through the Marriott Rewards Program, you received free in-from Wi-Fi, a new policy that started January 15th and that as loyal Marriott guest you were able to enjoy the Concierge Lounge.

We are glad to hear that you you were very happy with your room accommodations and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We have taken note of the misinformation from your shuttle driver and will look into it so a future guest does not run into the same confusion.

We value you as a Marriott guest and hope when you are flying through again, we can welcome you back.
Dorado, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel before my vacation started. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. It's right across the street from the airport. I had a really good dinner at the hotel,filet mignon and the salmon. Our waitress was very nice. If you need to go to the airport early in the morning I would suggest you stay here.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate M,

We are all about providing a convenient and relaxing stay before a flight from the airport! Thank you for sharing that our close proximity to the airport made this a great place to stay to catch an early morning flight!

We are glad you found your room accommodations to your liking and that your meal at our restaurant was very enjoyable. We also appreciate your feedback on our friendly, helpful staff.

We value you as a Marriott guest and hope to welcome you back again one day soon.
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is one of the more dated Marriotts that has recently received a small face lift. Rooms are spacious and have the standard comforts. The staff is friendly and very helpful, but this does not outweigh the fact that the hotel is overpriced for the services provided.

Some people whined about having to walk "miles to the room." Get over it. It is good for you!

The salmon dish I had for dinner via room service was delicious and the exercise room ample. Overall OK, but not special. I'd only stay here if I have to catch an early flight.

Room Tip: It does not matter where you stay, the rooms are all pretty much the same.