“repeat review, still satisfied!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Comfortable Day Rooms
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Lund, Sweden
“repeat review, still satisfied!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have reviewed this property before and was very satisfied. After a recent trip, I remain satisfied! I travel about twice per year from Western Europe to Washington and find that my trips get off on the right foot if I stay at the airport and then drive to my ultimate destinations rather than trying to connect to a regional flight. I have done this now for about 10 years. This Marriott is a definitely a dated property, but I like the fact that it is spread out. This means that it is always quiet, and I don't mind the walk. My request for a quiet room has always been honored and I always sleep well here. The staff, though different at each stay, has delivered exactly what I have requested over the years. This strikes me as noteworthy. The central bar/restaurant has recently been upgraded and is a pleasant space. Being tired after a transatlantic journey, I typically order room service, which has never disappointed. As a Marriott member, free wireless is included. All said, I have recommended and will continue to recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Simply ask for a quiet room. This has always worked for me.

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
philadelphia,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here for two nights while in town for a business trip. I was very satified with this hotel. The room was clean and modern. The dresser and tables were a little worn but the new bathroom and comfortable bed made up for it. I loved the toiletries, they were not generic items but from Bath and Body Works. The staff was very attentive and pleasant to converse with. The bathroom ceiling was low but didn't make much difference .

The only complaint I could have is that the food was very pricey. Unless you want to drive a few minutes and pay a few dollars in tolls, I guess its worth it to stay in an eat. There are so many options outside of the hotel you won't be unhappy running out.

I would stay here again.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Perfect for Early Morning flights. Clean Rooms. Attentive, pleasant staff. Nice new updated lobby and bar area. If you want to start your vacation on a stress free note; then check in the night before early flight. Enjoy dinner, drinks, & relax. Room service dinner if you prefer. Slip off to the cozy bed & clean room. Perhaps a hot bubble bath?
Get a good night's sleep; refreshed & ready for the early, quick shuttle to IAD. So much better than the 3AM drive to IAD morning of. "Do we have passports? Unexpected traffic delay on the Greenway? Will we make the flight?" Blah, blah. Stress, stress. Traveling with a family group; for me it's a no-brainer.
Leave your car for up to two weeks..."Park & Fly" package is Such A Deal!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk a long way, then ask for a room close to the lobby. Problem solved.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Front Royal, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was a bit of a bizarre Marriott, in my many, many, many stays at various Marriott properties in my life. What makes it bizarre is that it is only three stories but sprawled OUT. I mean, you have to do some walking. Not a problem at all but definitely unexpected, as was the rush to make sure everyone in the downstairs restaurant/lounge knew closing time was coming up in 10 minutes (midnight). That was tacky. Funny thing is, 12 came and went and they were still serving so I don't know how they're running things but the staff could be a bit "softer".

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived at midnight after a 13 hour flight from Chile. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes and it takes 5 minutes to get to the hotel. My partner had just has emergency hip surgery and the shuttle driver could not have been more helpful in managing all of our bags and then offering to get a wheelchair as soon as we got to the hotel. He then helped us manage all of it to our room. We had the same experience the next day. The hotel has been recently remodeled and looks great. Rooms are quiet - you were not know the airport was so close. Great location and staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is an average hotel at best. Very friendly front desk staff. Room is circa 1998. Smells musty. Awkward layout, took 10 minutes to walk to concierge lounge on same floor as my room.

Very close to airport though.

Bottom line stay here if you need to be across the street from the airport, if not, stay elsewhere.

Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on business. Location is great, only few minutes from Dulles Airport. The staff is very nice, attentive and very customer oriented. As a Platinum member, they email you and welcome you before you even arrive. I asked for an early check in and they accomodated my request, which was very helpful for my schedule. The property itself is in very good shape (although it's not a typical big Marriott type) but I wouldn't consider it "top notch 5 stars" because it's a smaller hotel than the big "marquee"types you'd see in downtown areas. This one looks/has more of a Courtyard look (about 3 stories high) but better. Still, I had a very nice stay in a quiet room. I'd definitely would stay there again when I'm in the area in the future.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!