“2 Thumbs up!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Elkhart, Indiana
“2 Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here to visit D.C. which is 25 mins from hotel with traffic. Great hotel.. has movie theater and places to eat attached to it. Rooms are updated and bed was sooo comfortable. Definately recommend to stay here!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I drove to DC for a seminar I was attending. I have always wanted to see the new Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport and drove up on a Sunday. I used a Marriott Rewards stay to stay at this hotel. The hotel was very comfortable. It is an older hotel but all of the furnishings were up to date. The carpet did look a little old but it was clean. I did use the Rewards Club was open in the evening after I checked in and had some nice deserts still available. The next morning it had a very nice breakfast with fresh fruit, western eggs, and bacon. All top notch stuff! I don't think this is a hotel I would go out of my way to stay out again, but if I needed a hotel for a staging location, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

The one thing that was really nice was that they provided a free shuttle to the Air and Space Museum. I was able to park at the hotel for free and they drove me over and then picked me back up. The pick up times are somewhat limited so make sure to have their schedule for pickups in hand to know when to call. The people who answer the phones are not too good with English as a first language. I had to call back to get the shuttle van to come but otherwise, a very good experience. I keep wondering with all the people out of work in this country, why people who speak English as a first language aren't hired more and people who can't speak it are. I am not against immigration or biased against anyone, but hotels need to hire people who can speak English and understand it sufficiently.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night for a business meeting located near the airport. At Dulles, the free Marriott shuttle picks up at shuttle stops 2A and 2H and comes every 15 minutes.The hotel lobby is clean and appealing. My room was pretty basic, but clean.

• Stayed May 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Excellent airport transport to hotel about every 1/2 hour. Check in was easy, staff was pleasant. Room was clean. Limited hours for the cafe, I had to sit in the lounge area. You get your excercise if you want to do laundry. It is an older hotel; however, well kept. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have laundry to do, request the third floor near the laundry room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We had looked forward to an outside swim upon our evening arrival. Unfortunately, the (generously sized) outdoor pool was closed – though it wasn’t clear why. The smaller indoor pool was popular with families with pre-teenage children, but – after a short wait – we were able to have a reasonable swim anyway.

At breakfast, no price was displayed alongside the “All American” breakfast, only on the other items. It turned out to be $4 more …

Apart from those two minor gripes, the hotel was fine, and we’d be happy to return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight back to the UK. First impressions were great. We had an enormous amount of luggage (including golf clubs) which we wanted to drop off at the hotel before returning the rental car. The concierge was incredibly helpful with off loading everything and whilst I was left to check in, he followed my husband to the car returns to bring him back to the hotel.
My check in experience was fine, and the room was a decent size with a really comfortable King bed. As we'd got a good rate, we were more than happy.
Now to the not so good part.......Decided to eat that night in the lively bar area, but so disappointed with some of the food. We wanted something fairly simple, and chose Pizza and Salad. Not too difficult one would think ? Well, the salad was delicious, but after the second attempt to serve a Pizza, we gave up. The first one was cold, and the second had a burnt top. was there a problem in the kitchen we asked ? Didn't really get a satisfactory answer, but they do need to get the "problem" sorted ! So it was off to bed for a good night's sleep ( achieved in the comfy bed), and then hotel shuttle to the airport the next morning. Would we stay here again......yes, at that great rate, but pick something else from the supper menu !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
PTY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. I had written beforehand saying I would arrive at 1 a.m, if I could please have a shuttle. They answered that I could call them from the airport phones. I arrived at 12:45 a.m, when there still supposely was service. Not true. Went to the airport phones... and their number was NOT there! The Hilton was, but no Marriott to be found. i was dead tired... so after half hour of dispair, I decided to take a cab. Yet they did not want to take me! (i realize its too short of a ride for them...)... Anyways, got to the hotel, dead tired, and my flight left at 9 am next morning, so I needed the shuttle again at 7. Asked for a reservation, and they said it was not needed. The shuttle fits 12 people... at 7, it was packed! I got in, but a couple of people had to stay behind. So, why offer this service if its that bad? I also got a handicapped room, which was OK, but water pressure was very very low, and the showerhead did not stay in place. Rooms were faaaar away from reception, so be prepared to walk with your bags. For about $100 a night, not what they say it is...

Room Tip: Ask for something close to the reception, or else you will walk a lot!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!