“Noisy hallway” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Denver, Colorado
“Noisy hallway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Just spent the night at Dulles. I couldn't hear the airport but guests in the hallway sounded like they were in my room with me.

Had trouble with the wireless internet in the room. Three calls and a visit to the front desk and then an "engineer" in my room couldn't solve the problem. Had to call the provider for a work around. The front desk staff did "comp" me for the internet after that. Otherwise the internet is $12 per day.

Restaurant was small. Breakfast buffet had runny scrambled eggs for $17.

Other than that, the room was nice and the staff tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd (which is the main) floor. The third floor might have been quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I had a 12 hour layover at Dulles and decided to spend the night at the Marriott. It is the closest hotel to the airport, but you do still have to take a shuttle. The shuttle trip took less than 5 minutes. Check-in was quick and the rooms were nice and comfortable. They were clean with modern appliances. We left early the next morning so we didn't use any of the amenities. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed Feb 25th before an early flight to Hawaii the next day. Upon entering the hotel's front door, I was greeted by the Front Desk Supervisor (Amy), who actually came out from behind the counter to ask if I was checking in. I was so impressed with this lady, who went absolutely out of her way to make me welcome. Once I gave my name, I was specifically thanked for being a Marriott Gold Elite member, and for the level of patronage that represented. I really felt valued. (Believe me, this isn't the case at all Marriotts). And it wasn't just Amy; During the entire stay, the front desk personnel (all of them) extended me this same level of genuine concern and friendly hospitality.

The hotel has been renovated since I last stayed. The lobby is lovely, stylish, and comfortable. You can eat dinner either in the restaurant or the lobby (food and waiters are the same, from the Aviate Restaurant). My husband and I both were delighted with the food. The appetizers, dinners, and dessert were really, really, good The menu offerings were creative and elegant (but reasonably priced). This was a surprise, given that it is an airport hotel (the previous restaurant was not one-tenth as good as this one is). Great service, too. Who would have thought? I found the ambiance there in the lobby lounge to be comfortable, mellow, relaxing, and smooth. We were very glad to have this fine meal the night before such a long travel day, because we did not get another decent meal for a long time.

From start to finish, it was a wonderful stay. Well appointed room, comfortable bed, very clean. All the expected amenities of a rewards program member were offered to me without my even having to request them. The staff all were truly gracious and service-oriented. My reservation was in good order and everything went very smoothly. Airport shuttle service is so prompt and friendly here; you never have to worry about making it to the airport on time, even for extremely early flights. You are amazingly close to the airport here...right on the airport grounds.

If there were problems before, as some reviewers in the past have alluded to, they seem to be completely resolved now. Attentive staff and computerized reservation system apparently completely in order. I honestly have not one single complaint about this hotel and will make it my "park n' fly" from now on whenever I fly out of Dulles. The two-week free parking is a great value for me, and I feel that the car is much safer than in the long-term airport parking lot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very attentive & helpful staff; pretty good restaurant, service to match; rooms are okay in need of some repairs; TV excellent; clean; BUT my pillows had been washed way too many times and felt like a pillow sack filled with small rocks. Overall, I was pleased as it was a much better an experience for the DC area than a Motel 6, for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is the perfect place to stay if you have one-night layover. The place is beautiful, modernly designed. The staff is very friendly, from manager to the housekeeper. The bar seems to be a nice and fun place for guests to mingle. They have airport shuttle every 15 minutes starting 4AM, which is the most important service for me. I'm not impressed with the quality of the TV.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I made a reservation at a different Marriott in the Dulles area and didn't realize my mistake until I tried to check in at the Dulles Airport Marriott. I was pretty annoyed with my stupidity because I'd have to load up all my bags and drive farther down the road to the correct hotel. Manal, a customer service rep at the front desk, went the extra mile on his own initiative by calling the other hotel, having them cancel my rez with no penalty, and booking me into the Dulles Marriott. He took a bad situation that was totally my fault and saved the day for me. I truly appreciated his expert help.

The room I was in was excellent! I believe it was a standard room, but the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was as quiet as a tomb, and the air conditioning/ventilation was fine.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

And thanks, Manal, for your superior service!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had one medicore stay last Sunday.Management sent a standard email thanking me for my stay. I emailed back a couple of suggestions; be damned if they didn't email me back. They thanked me for my suggestions and said they discussed my feedback.

Two days later I went back to the same hotel. I could see the changes, they had taken my constructive suggestions and I could actually tell they did make some changes. It was such a pleasure. The changes were not just for me, all the guest I saw there received the same, great treatment. I will be staying there again

Room Tip: Geat airport shuttle and walking distance to the car rental facilities
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!