“"Average for a Marriott - but 4 Stars for the Average Hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Comfortable Day Rooms
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dulles
San Diego, California
“"Average for a Marriott - but 4 Stars for the Average Hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very attentive & helpful staff; pretty good restaurant, service to match; rooms are okay in need of some repairs; TV excellent; clean; BUT my pillows had been washed way too many times and felt like a pillow sack filled with small rocks. Overall, I was pleased as it was a much better an experience for the DC area than a Motel 6, for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is the perfect place to stay if you have one-night layover. The place is beautiful, modernly designed. The staff is very friendly, from manager to the housekeeper. The bar seems to be a nice and fun place for guests to mingle. They have airport shuttle every 15 minutes starting 4AM, which is the most important service for me. I'm not impressed with the quality of the TV.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I made a reservation at a different Marriott in the Dulles area and didn't realize my mistake until I tried to check in at the Dulles Airport Marriott. I was pretty annoyed with my stupidity because I'd have to load up all my bags and drive farther down the road to the correct hotel. Manal, a customer service rep at the front desk, went the extra mile on his own initiative by calling the other hotel, having them cancel my rez with no penalty, and booking me into the Dulles Marriott. He took a bad situation that was totally my fault and saved the day for me. I truly appreciated his expert help.

The room I was in was excellent! I believe it was a standard room, but the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was as quiet as a tomb, and the air conditioning/ventilation was fine.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

And thanks, Manal, for your superior service!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had one medicore stay last Sunday.Management sent a standard email thanking me for my stay. I emailed back a couple of suggestions; be damned if they didn't email me back. They thanked me for my suggestions and said they discussed my feedback.

Two days later I went back to the same hotel. I could see the changes, they had taken my constructive suggestions and I could actually tell they did make some changes. It was such a pleasure. The changes were not just for me, all the guest I saw there received the same, great treatment. I will be staying there again

Room Tip: Geat airport shuttle and walking distance to the car rental facilities
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We had an overnight connection in Washington D.C, since we landed late and had an early morning flight, we chose this hotel because it was located at the airport site.

The shuttle service arrived promply, and the ride was probably 3-4 minutes. The hotel is big, beautiful lobby and courteous staff. We didn't have time to visit the hotel... but the room was very spacious, very comfortable and quiet.

Room Tip: Very convenient location right next to Dulles airport.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Convenient location as it is a 3 minute free shuttle ride from the terminals. Hotel is located on the opposite side of the runways so I did not hear any jet noise. The room was a little dated but the rate was great.

They were friendly and I would stay at this property again.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

You cannot beat the location of this hotel if you are traveling out of dulles airport. The hotel is on the airport grounds, shuttles run every 15 minutes. We had an early morning flight and there were people waiting for the shuttle, so they ran 2, one right after the other. The room was nice and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. There is a restaurant and bar on site but we did not eat there. Sign up for the park and fly and you can leave your car there while you are traveling. Based on what it would cost to park the car at the airport, you cannot beat the deal!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!