“Great Business Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Great Business Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here due to a flight delay over the Christmas break and this is an excellent hotel for business. The shuttle is 5 minutes from the terminal and it is very prompt. The check-in staff is very friendly and the restaraunt was much nicer and more diverse than most hotels. The rooms were relatively updated and very clean. This hotel clearly caters to the business traveler; however, excellent rates are available on the weekends. The only downside was expense internet service ($15/day); however, not a concern for the business traveler.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We booked a room at the airport Marriott last minute and received a rate of $89/night. The hotel was easy to locate and extremely convenient for our early flight the next day. The room was spacious and clean. In addition, the hotel provided Bath & Body products in the bathroom, which I am a personal fan of.

Aviate Bar & Grille, in the lobby, had delicious dishes and a friendly wait staff. We ordered a Grilled Salmon Arugula Salad, which had pine nuts, golden raisins, sunflower seeds, cherries and a lemon thyme vineagrette, and a Steak Sandwich, which had dijon horseradish, crispy onions, provolone and arugula.

Overall, it was convenient, clean, cheap and exactly what we needed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
High Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed at the Dulles Airport Marriott in October 2011. It is one of the closest hotels to the airport, so I was able to turn in my rental car early. They have a nice bar and grill in the hotel, and they have great food and service. Their shuttle service starts early to the airport, so you can catch an early morning flight. It is also a very short walk thru the office park across the street and into the airport parking deck. Once in the deck, you can follow the signs to the terminal. The rooms were typical for the Marriott and were clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay in the area again if I’m back in DC.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
MSP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stay here fairly frequently for business, however have decided to "move on" to the Westin property. For the second time in 6 months my reservation could not be found when I arrived. I generally travel alone, arrive in the evening (sometimes late), and usually without rental car. The property is very conveniently located to Dulles airport. To arrive and find that my reservation cannot be found is a troubling situation -- Much more than just inconvenient!

This last time upon my arrival back home I requested an inquiry and followup with Marriott as to what happened to my reservation. I made the reservation online on Marriott's very own website, then needed to modify it to slide a day later. A day prior to my arrival I received an email from Marriott "Reminding me of my upcoming stay", which in my mind was clearly confirmation of my arrival (which is was properly reflected on the www.marriott.com website). Marriott did indeed look into the situation and get back to me. To my astonishment, the hotel staff apparently doesn't have access to the online Marriott reservation system and are relying on MANUAL UPDATES TO THEIR INTERNAL SYSTEM that they do every couple of hours!! In my case, they failed to update with the change of date, considered me a no-show for the original reservation (which was then canceled), and had nothing reserved for me upon my arrival. No one at the hotel could verify any of this. They could only tell me that they had no reservation for me. You heart begins to race when you start to contemplate the logistical challenges that your about to face over the next day or so (meeting business partners, etc, etc). Thankfully they were able to accommodate me since the hotel was not full. I feel fortunate. However, having had this happen twice within the past 6 months it is clearly a flawed system for which I have chosen to remove from my list of worries when I travel in the future.

For my troubles and request for followup after the fact, I was awarded 5000 Marriott rewards points..enough points for a fraction of a nights stay!

Room Tip: Ask for something close to the front desk. The walk to the back of the hotel is very far!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Crestview, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The Marriott at Dulles Airport is very convenient to the airport but nothing else. There are no restaurants nearby and not much by way of transportation. They do offer a shuttle to one of the museums about 15 minutes away. The hotel was spotless but the rooms were small and not very comfortable. Computers for use were only two and not very convenient to use. You are better off with your own computer. The restaurant/cafe is very good and considering the location was reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to and from the airport was every 20 minutes. If you are just passing through and need a place to sleep, that's about all it's good for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor and you won't have to use the elevator or stairs to get to it...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,553 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel for the past five years for early morning flights to Hawaii for Christmas and we've never been disappointed. While there are far nicer Marriott's in the chain, there aren't many that can beat the customer service at this property. The rooms are small but clean and functional and the lobby has been updated since our stay last Christmas. But there is no noise from the sound of planes taking off or landing and every year we've been at the hotel the halls are always quiet. In addition, we've always been able to book this hotel for $100 or less, which is absolutely phenomenal. So, if you live in the DC area (like we do) and have an early morning flight, there's no better place to stay than the Dulles Marriott.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Doing Park-n-Fly with this hotel is really the way to go. Although a bit daggy from the outside and not the world's greatest lobby, I have no hesitation recommending this Marriott. The customer service is really exceptional. I needed a fridge for medicine and they got one for me, and even when I couldn't find it and demanded another fridge-- rather than blame me or get upset, they sent another one up st midnight. And then I found the first one in a corner. Their diligence was amazing in the face of a wrong and cranky customer. They were also lovely with my luggage and other ways of just being pleasant and professional.

Not to mention, the gym is lovely and the price for the hotel + parking is an absolute steal. Whenever I can stay here again, I will do so in the future.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!