“Clean, Comfortable, Near Dulles... Shuttle but hard to access” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Hudson Valley
“Clean, Comfortable, Near Dulles... Shuttle but hard to access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

I stayed here for one night after I missed a connecting flight at Dulles ( my dime.. weather related). The shuttle runs every 1/2 hour.. not sure when it ends, but I think midnight. The shuttle was on time, but a word of caution. The van is not very accessible to either shorter people or those with mobility issues (me). You almost have to get out backwards or jump down.

The front desk was very sympathetic and courteous this weary traveler late at night. The room was comfortable and clean. I slept well, but could have slept in a chair!

The shuttle back to Dulles starts at 4:30AM. On time and friendly.

The rate hear was the lowest I found anywhere near Dulles. Good bargain for a clean and close place to stay for an airport trip. Staying longer, I have stayed at a great Residence Inn in Chantilly.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

pros: near airport, complimentary breakfast, free wifi

cons : costly for the services they provide, pretty average rooms, not a great location

overall good for short stay only

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Dorset, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

This was a bad experience from start to finish. Firstly, I landed in Dulles around 9pm last Thursday night. After waiting 20 minutes at the Hotel shuttle stop in a biting wind, I phoned the hotel, was put on hold for 5 minutes (I timed it) only to be told that the shuttle is "on request". This is not mentioned on their website or on the 2 confirmation emails I received.
When I got to the hotel, the receptionist announced that "we've got a problem" and that I didn't have a reservation. I gave her my reservation number and showed her the confirmation emails on my blackberry. She claimed that the reservation number was in the name of someone else and for March 9th. I told her that this was not my problem and I was sure she had rooms available. She then took my credit card and Marriott card and allocated me a Double room as she had no King's available. Whilst the card was processing, she phoned someone externally and asked them to stay by their phone until she went off work as she needed to talk to them and "I will explain when I talk to you" - clearly a reference to her dissatisfaction which oozed from every pore of her body.
Got to my room to find the wireless did not function at all. I was not prepared to go back and face the seething mass of resentment again.
Next morning, the bill slipped under my door is at a rate $60 above the one confirmed on my reservation. I explain this to the new clerk who tells me it is because I moved to a Double. I tell him that it was the hotel who moved and he adjusts the rate in the computer.
As I'm coming to check out, this clerk is just going off shift, sees me coming and tells the new receptionist in Spanish that he changed my rate. Nevertheless she tries to suggest the rate is the higher one until I advise her that her colleague just told her that he has adjusted the rate.
Frankly, the only agreeable part of the whole experience was the shuttle bus ride back to the terminal for my trip home.
Rest assured I will never stay at that hotel again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Vlaardingen, netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We had some troubles during our december trip to Vegas and got stuck at Dulles airport. Called Marriott for available rooms nearby and they advised us this one. The taxi driver didn't know how to find it and drove past the exit. But the hotel also has a complimentary shuttle bus (we didn't want to wait for that after being on the airport for 8 hours without getting anywhere).

We arrived around 01:00 am and where helped friendly, they even apologized for not having a king size bed available in a regular room. (We have king bed as preference in our Marriott rewards account.) We got a handicaped room which meant large bathroom and wide hallway in the room.

Since we where tired we took a quick shower and went to bed to be woken after just two hours of sleep. We got good news instead of going home this afternoon we could go to Vegas :).

The room, bath and bed was fine.

Free Wifi in the hotel, free to use PC in the reception area also free breakfast. Although not open around 4:30 am we could take some food while waiting for the 5 o'clock shuttle bus. They also have a little shop for some essentials and snacks.

It's a short ride to the airport no shops nearby.

But as far we can judge it's a hotel without frills and fine for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I stay at this hotel often on buisness travel. Trust me, if I had a choice I would not. The rooms are fairly clean but a bit dated. There are no food options anywhere near the hotel as stated in another review. The room I am staying in tonight has 2 huge spot lights outside aimed right at the window. With all the supplied draps closed the room is almost bright enough to read in. Shaffer, the front desk guy is rude, condesending, and not in the least bit helpful. Not only tonight but anytime I have had to deal with him. I would not recommend this hotel at all. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the constant airplane noise. Yeah.....great hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in March. It is near the airport, which is great if you have a flight near Dulles. However, if you're like us and are using the hotel as a base for any reason (ours was a wedding) it is not a very good choice.

The best way to the hotel (and really the only way) involves a toll road! Also, it is not really near anything due to it's proximity to the airport. It was also understandably noisy due to plane fly overs.

The rooms were nice, beds comfortable, and the staff was great. Good breakfast!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

What a bad idea to go cheap and stay here. First of all, this is NOT a suite in any way. There is a small desk (like any hotel), a cheap coffer maker, and a 4.2cu ft fridge. That's it. No microwave, no kitchen, no separate sitting area, not even a sink except in the bathroom. I just don't know why they call this a suite on many travel sites.

This place is in the middle of nowhere. The only places you could eat within the 3 miles radius are hotel's breakfast room (the free hot breakfast is alright), and the Exxon convenient store's Subway across the street. Worst of all, this place seems to be on the flight path for most Dulles airplanes during take-off and landing. So, it's location is great if you want to be real close to Dulles (it's real *close*) and the airplanes.

The Wi-Fi speed is somewhat slow but VPN works fine. Room is clean and the bed is comfortable. The TV has all kind of snow / interferences on some Directv channels.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!