“Great Stay...JUST renovated!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Stay...JUST renovated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a great stay at this property. The rate I got was great @ $50 for a Friday night. This hotel is going under great renovations. I stayed on the 2nd floor and half of the rooms were closed for renovations. The other half, the side I stayed on, had just gotten finished with its renovations. Very modern, spacious, and comfortable rooms! No noise while working on renovations at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning....couldn't hear a thing! Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast was great! (Eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, fruits, yogurts, and much more!) I stayed at this hotel for work, and will definitely stay here again when I come back! I've stayed at many hotels for work, many Fairfield's as well, and this is the best one I have stayed at in a while! Pool/exercise room also looks nice, but did not use. Thanks!

Room Tip: King suite was very nice!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We used this hotel for the final night out of Washington DC since we had an early departure out fo Dulles Airport.. It was close to the airport and a good price. It had all the things you need for a business hotel. The rooms not large or the furnishings new but for a single person or a couple for a short stay the room is adequate. I do not know the breakfast was like but the internet was free and the parking was fine. No silly charges at other hotels. There is a good indoor splash pool and an adequate exercise room. The value to price was good. I recommend staying here.

Room Tip: None. It is a small place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This Marriott Rewards Category 2 hotel is about 5 minutes from the Washington Dulles airport and provides a complimentary shuttle. The hotel was undergoing renovation till 2014 and one of the floors was closed during our stay.

One thing about this airport hotel is that there is not much dining options within walking-distance. There are some restaurants in the area that offer delivery (Chinese and Pizza mostly).

The room size is fairly standard for the king room.

The hotel has complimentary breakfast. Its pretty standard with bread/bagel/fruit, eggs, turkey sausage, juice, cereal/milk, waffles etc.

Excellent location. Only 4 miles from Dulles Airport
Complimentary Airport Shuttle
Free wifi and breakfast

No mini fridge/microwave in a standard room
No dining options within walking distance
Not a lot of options at breakfast buffet

For pictures and review, http://www.milespointstravel.com/2013/10/03/hotel-review-fairfield-inn-suites-dulles-airport-sterling-virginia/

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here in early October 2013. One night.
Decent place. Average Fairfield. Room was clean.
Some of the hotel was a bit outdated, however they are doing renovations. I think I heard by January it should be great.
Indoor pool and fitness.
Staff was great.
Rate was great compared to outrageous hotels in area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It's been quite some time since I used the park/fly package at a hotel in the Dulles area and my first stay at this hotel. Their rate for a one night/week of free parking/free shuttle to and from airport came to $147 with tax, about $25 cheaper than my usual hotel. The hotel website clearly states that renovations are taking place at this hotel, luckily I saw and heard no signs of it during my stay. Both front desk clerks were welcoming and friendly, as well as the airport shuttle driver. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet spot close to the airport, but with no visable dining spots. If you venture out about 2.5 miles on Pacific Avenue there is a shopping center with dining options and stores. There is a little market/shop next to the front desk, but I found the options lacking in variety of selections compared to other hotels. My first floor room definitely needed some improvements. The wallpaper was peeling, carpet fraying at entrance to bathroom, mildew spots in the bathroom and tub finish worn off around the drain. The room had a musty smell. The beds were quite low, closer to the floor; but had plenty of fluffy comfy pillows and clean smelling sheets. The bathroom towels were thick and fluffy and an exhaust fan was appreciated to defog the bathroom after a hot shower. If leaving your car here for the park/fly package you will be directed to a gravel lot next to the hotel. There is construction going on in the area and I came back a week later to find a car covered in brown dust. Overall, I'd consider staying here again for an overnight, but would prefer the rooms be in better condition.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kingsport, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Needed a location close to Dulles to stay overnight with friends before they flew to Europe on an overnight flight with a 5 month old baby. Front desk personnel were very helpful with restaurant suggestions and allowing late checkouts so the baby could sleep before the flight. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and breakfast was very good with nice selection. There is a free shuttle to Dulles which is only a mile away but did not hear planes in the rooms. Will stay here again if flying from Dulles.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
P-town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the front and back end of my DC trip so that I could get to and from the airport quickly and not worry about getting into and out of DC with limited time.

I arrived at 10 p.m. on a Thursday night at Dulles International and simply called the hotel and their free shuttle picked me up within 10 minutes at the "H" terminal outside of baggage claim. The van was clean and the driver was friendly. Upon arrival at the hotel (which was about a 5 minute drive or less from the airport), I was happy to find a lovely lobby area. I wasn't sure what I'd find since the hotel noted they were renovating. There was no noise or anything related to the renovation other than one empty area where they had signs showing their plans and you could tell they were in full swing because the lobby was very nice. I did notice the ice machine was on floor 2 (perhaps due to renovation?), but that was visibly noted so not hard to find.

They have a nice indoor pool and little gym which I did not use during my stays. The breakfast area was very nice and clean. In the mornings of my stays I ate there and found LOTS of selections. Some reviewers left negative reviews on this, but I disagree. They had cereals, fruits, yogurts, scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffees, teas and all kinds of bread. Plus you could make your own waffles. Not sure how this could be a bad breakfast for free. I loved it! Plus they had free newspapers and the TV new on the tv so you could see what was going on in DC that day.

I don't think there is anything within walking distance from here. When I got hungry, I bought a few snack items at the front desk. I didn't have a car so one night I needed dinner and simply had one of their tuna snack packages.

The room was very well kept and extremely nice. I was happy with 3 or 4 pillows per bed! Everything seemed new and fresh. Flat screen TVs were nice. I used the hair dryer. They have an ironing board and iron. Plus, they had a ton of electronic hookups if you bring electronics.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here on both nights. I liked being on the first floor so I could use the lobby area to relax and also use their computer in the breakfast area to print my plane tickets and go online since I don't carry a laptop.

I did need to get into the DC area and did not want to pay for a cab or expensive shuttle. The front desk clerk described how to get there and how much it cost as well as gave me a map. I took the hotel shuttle back to Dulles Airport and was dropped off where the city buses pick up. I waited for the 5A bus to DC with my $6 exact cash in hand. When the bus picked me up, I took it to L'Enfant Plaza and from there went to my next hotel by Metro for $2.70. That is much cheaper than a $44 shuttle or $90 taxi ride. It was very clean and very efficient.

I did not have transportation and this hotel was easy to navigate in and out of using hotel to airport shuttle combined with city transit. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND staying here.

Room Tip: I chose first floor so I could have easy access and also easily use the public computer. If you get...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!