“Everything Top-Notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Southern California
“Everything Top-Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Although not a luxury hotel, this Fairfield Inn has such high standards of cleanliness, service, food that we felt very well cared for. ON this trip we also stayed at an upscale Hyatt in Washington DC and we actually enjoyed our Fairfield Inn stay more. Just as clean, much cheaper, and breakfast besides.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my home for two weeks. I had asked for an early Check-in, the room was available when I arrived. The Staff were friendly at the start and throughout my stay. The room was fresh and clean, the beds were very comfortable. The wireless internet worked well, and the TV schedule was available and correct. I did not use the pool, it appeared clean, and of a size appropriate for the facility, I would expect that families with small children would be happy with this aspect of the property. The Workout Facility was a bit spartan, but the treadmills were Health Club quality and worked. Breakfast was available in the area that was used as the Business Center the rest of the day. Breakfast was as expected, good oatmeal, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches available to heat and eat. The coffee was really pretty good, I drink it "black", brewed and then transferred to Air Pots, and as it was not discarded after Breakfast service, coffee was generally still hot and available throughout the day. The only downside was that I did not have a car, although there is a rental facility in house, so my evening meal choices were restricted to restaurant delivery or the Subway in the gas station nearby. The Staff had good suggestions of restaurants which offered delivery, and access to the Subway was easy enough by pushing the button to activate the crosswalk lights. There was another restaurant adjacent to the Subway/Gas Station/C Store, but that place(essentially a stand alone Food Court) closed early in the evening or late afternoon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while on business in the area.
I usually do not like the Fairfield but this one was good.
Rooms and nice and comfortable,
Breakfast (free) was good
Wi-Fi was a bit on the slow side but AT&T LTE was super fast on my iPhone

Very good option if you are in the DC/VA area.

Room Tip: I think the Queen beds are actually doubles so if you are used to a queen or king this might feel sm...
Athens, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

A short stay, arriving 11pm and leaving 7am. A good selection for a quick breakfast before heading to the airport. As usual, Fairfield Inns are excellent value, especially for a short stay. Free breakfast and WiFi are most welcome.

Boalsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Getting stuck in DC due to weather was hardly an issue once I made a reservation here. I was given a discount by United due to the overnight delay. I was picked up promptly. The staff drove me to a restaurant and then picked me up again so that I could have a real meal after a long day of hanging out in airports. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I wished I had my luggage so that i could use the workout room and pool. I will definitely stay here again when booking a room near the Dulles airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Guillaume B, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Katie,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent stay at Fairfield Inn Dulles Airport South, Chantilly. We are thrilled to know that your stay pleased you so much. This is what we strive for every day - perfectly satisfied guests!

Please come back to stay with us again when you are in the Dulles Airport area.
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The choice of this hotel was made by a friend of mine staying at Morristown, TN. It was almost 10 in the night when I checked in after a very long and busy day at Boston and St Louis. The location was a great deciding factor. I was quite happy to get a ground level room very close to the check in desk. At ten in the night I got a very cheerful welcome and a warm reception too. The courtesy coach for the airport pick up took some time. It was a welcome facility though.
The room was really very nice and value for money.yes the room gave me a very comforting feeling and tired as I was, I had a quick bath and knocked of to sleep right away. In the morning I looked around the room. I was quite happy with what I saw, except for the bath tub which appeared to be not so well kept. It showed signs of wear and tear which could have been looked into. The hotel also a decent indoor pool and a small yet smart gym too. Certainly well kept.
I helped myself to a very generous buffet breakfast. It certainly seems to be very popular and well attended by almost all guests.the spread was very nice and I enjoyed it to my hearts content. I then met the supervisor and asked for an extended or late check out. He readily agreed as I had checked in quite late.
The airport coach was ready for me at 1 pm at noon to drop me at IAD for my flight to Frankfurt. I certainly had a great and comfortable stay. Well done folks. I would love to be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your many kind words about your recent stay with us at The Fairfield Inn Marriott Dulles South - Chantilly. We are most pleased that you found warmth, comfort and nourishment to see you on your way to Frankfurt. We hope to see you again!
Berkeley heights, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having had a great experience with most of the Residence Inn, I decided to try to stay at one of Marriott's other brand -- FairField Inn -- and the hotel did not disappoint based on the price. My friend and I just needed an inexpensive place to stay for a weekend getaway near the Dullus area and we picked this hotel based on the price. When we walked into the hotel, first thing we saw was this busy flat-screen TV displaying all the departure flight information for the IAD airport, which would turn out to be useful if we were to catch a flight. The hotel also had an indoor swimming pool, which is reasonable but one probably cannot do laps in it. We did not bring any swimming gear but I am sure I would have enjoyed the pool. The gym is a bit small but sufficient. The only thing was that it has sub-par ventiliation system and we had to use some dumbbell to keep the door open so that the gym would not become so muggy inside. When we walked on the drive way we could hear flights taking off and landing; however, in our room situated on the first floor there was no noise and we had a good night sleep. For breakfast, egg patties and susages were served. Not as nice as Residencee Inn - scrambled eggs but good enough based on the price paid. Overall, it was a nice and inexpensive adventure for us and we would definitely stay there again. Oh, the room does not have any mini-friedge or kithenette like Residence Inn. It did not matter to us as we planned to eat out, but for people who need it, you need to take that into consideration.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn Dulles Aiport Chantilly last month. We are thrilled that you rated us so high in cleanliness and value. We hope you will return to the Fairfield Inn Dulles Airport Chantilly when your plans bring you back to this area.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!