“A good nights rest and comfort near Dulles Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Chennai (Madras), India
“A good nights rest and comfort near Dulles Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The choice of this hotel was made by a friend of mine staying at Morristown, TN. It was almost 10 in the night when I checked in after a very long and busy day at Boston and St Louis. The location was a great deciding factor. I was quite happy to get a ground level room very close to the check in desk. At ten in the night I got a very cheerful welcome and a warm reception too. The courtesy coach for the airport pick up took some time. It was a welcome facility though.
The room was really very nice and value for money.yes the room gave me a very comforting feeling and tired as I was, I had a quick bath and knocked of to sleep right away. In the morning I looked around the room. I was quite happy with what I saw, except for the bath tub which appeared to be not so well kept. It showed signs of wear and tear which could have been looked into. The hotel also a decent indoor pool and a small yet smart gym too. Certainly well kept.
I helped myself to a very generous buffet breakfast. It certainly seems to be very popular and well attended by almost all guests.the spread was very nice and I enjoyed it to my hearts content. I then met the supervisor and asked for an extended or late check out. He readily agreed as I had checked in quite late.
The airport coach was ready for me at 1 pm at noon to drop me at IAD for my flight to Frankfurt. I certainly had a great and comfortable stay. Well done folks. I would love to be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Guillaume B, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your many kind words about your recent stay with us at The Fairfield Inn Marriott Dulles South - Chantilly. We are most pleased that you found warmth, comfort and nourishment to see you on your way to Frankfurt. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Berkeley heights, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having had a great experience with most of the Residence Inn, I decided to try to stay at one of Marriott's other brand -- FairField Inn -- and the hotel did not disappoint based on the price. My friend and I just needed an inexpensive place to stay for a weekend getaway near the Dullus area and we picked this hotel based on the price. When we walked into the hotel, first thing we saw was this busy flat-screen TV displaying all the departure flight information for the IAD airport, which would turn out to be useful if we were to catch a flight. The hotel also had an indoor swimming pool, which is reasonable but one probably cannot do laps in it. We did not bring any swimming gear but I am sure I would have enjoyed the pool. The gym is a bit small but sufficient. The only thing was that it has sub-par ventiliation system and we had to use some dumbbell to keep the door open so that the gym would not become so muggy inside. When we walked on the drive way we could hear flights taking off and landing; however, in our room situated on the first floor there was no noise and we had a good night sleep. For breakfast, egg patties and susages were served. Not as nice as Residencee Inn - scrambled eggs but good enough based on the price paid. Overall, it was a nice and inexpensive adventure for us and we would definitely stay there again. Oh, the room does not have any mini-friedge or kithenette like Residence Inn. It did not matter to us as we planned to eat out, but for people who need it, you need to take that into consideration.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn Dulles Aiport Chantilly last month. We are thrilled that you rated us so high in cleanliness and value. We hope you will return to the Fairfield Inn Dulles Airport Chantilly when your plans bring you back to this area.
Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed there with my family last week for a quick stop-over before catching our international flight back to home.
The complementary shuttle service from the airport was quick, we got to the hotel in 10 mins. we stayed in a studio with two double beds. the bed was ok. not comfortable. The hotel looked old and in need of re-furbishment...hallway carpet had stains. the room was clean with a strange type of heating system which we were not able to figure out, as to how to change the room temperature.
I did see a smallish pool on our way to the room but did not use it due to our short stay.The buffet breakfast was very limited in choices. The only thing freshly cooked was boiled egg. other things on offer were pre-packed meat sandwitches, cereals, milk, bagels (no bread) and the usual jams etc.
Internet access was free and good speed.basic toiletries were provided and when we asked for three toothbrushes they provided only one which was not seal packed. they explained that they ran out of toothbrushes so we should manage with one. It was quite unexpected from a mariott hotel.
on a whole, it was an average hotel but quite conveniently located for a quick stop over around dulles airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments reagrding your stay with the Fairfield Inn Dulles Airport during the fall of 2012. We are glad that you found sufficient convenience to make your unexpected stopover comfortable.
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I see that other people stayed in this hotel at the end of October 2012 but had a different, more pleasant experience. My bathroom walls were covered with black mold. There was a giant mildew stain on the ceiling. I wish I had noticed this before I went to sleep. There were stains in the sheet and a black hair. The carpet and furniture was old and dingy. The workout room was literally 90 degrees. The wifi didn't work in my room so I had to go to the central area. The best part was that they refunded my money. I hope they do something about that bathroom because it's unhealthy.

Room Tip: If you need wifi tell them to put you in a room that can access it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Trip Advisor is an open invitation to guests to share their experiences with many lodging brands. Our Fairfield Inn Marriott, Dulles Airport-Chantilly is a property that has been ranked among the best in its Marriott class. We take your comment seriously and will give it proper attention.
Hertford, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is very close to Dulles Airport, and therefore, convenient to Herndon, VA locations. The room was spacious and nicely furnished, and the bathroom, while not huge, was big enough to be comfortable. Everything was very clean and in good condition.

The breakfast had nice, healthy choices! Instead of the normal Fruit Loops and such, there were several Kashi choices, Cheerios and a couple of other non-sugary cereals. They had both regular and lite yogurts and individual containers of fruit. There was an egg dish, sausage, cooked oatmeal with toppings and a waffle baker, so most anyone could find a breakfast to suit their taste. The breakfast room was somewhat small, as was the lobby area.

While there are no restaurants or activities very close to the hotel, there are many options within several miles, either in Herndon or Sterling.

We found the staff to be very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is very close to the airport, there was some plane noise. This may be less noticeabl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments on your stay at Fairfield Inn Dulles Airport South-Chantilly. Next time you some to stay with us, please look into our restaurant lineup - Longhorn Steakhouse, Bob Evans and Santini's just across from our parking lot. Two minutes to one of the best pizza's outside of Manhattan is a sweet feature of our hotel.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I usually stay at the Residence Inn at Dulles, but they were full this weekend. Fairfield was my backup and a very good one. The reception at the desk was warm and friendly and with a batch of fresh cookies. Parking was convenient, as was the internet access and the free breakfast was notches above average.

Room Tip: Try one of the end rooms for a quiet stay.
Nocera Umbra, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stopped here one night before our flight home. Wi Fi, boarding pass printing and breakfast were all included in the very reasonable room price, something we didn't find in many other hotels during our stay in the USA. The rooms were fresh and clean and, if we'd had the energy, the swimming pool looked very inviting.
The staff were very helpful and offered us great suggestions for last minute visits to fill in time before take off.
I was surprised to read in other reviews that there were no restaurants close by. There are in fact 3 within walking distance but be warned that Bob Evans is a dry house. If you have a car the Backyard Grill just 5 minutes away does excellent steaks and has a good wine list. Don't be put off by the covered area outside, there is a cosy dining room to the left of the entrance.
All in all this is a perfect location for Dulles Airport .

Room Tip: The location is great for the airport but you will need a car if you plan to visit Washington itself...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Our thanks for your very positive comments regarding your stay with us at The Fairfield Inn Dulles South, Chantilly.

We are already planning enhancements to our great property for 2013, so please, come back for another great stay!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!