“Great for Park & Fly!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Stafford, Virginia
“Great for Park & Fly!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We selected this hotel for Park & Fly due to an early AM flight the next day. Very convenient and shuttle service was very prompt and accomodating. Hotel itself is very close to shopping, movies, and restuarants.

Room and Lobby were very clean. Bed was a little hard and uncomfortable but quite bearable for an overnite stay. Bathroom was basic and clean. They did have free Wi-FI and free breakfast which was very much needed for our early a.m. flight.

Overall great value and location. We will definitely use again for Park & Fly!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Located just 5/10 minutes away from Dulles International Airport; the hotel provided a very handy shuttle service along with perfectly fine accomodation. The only downside was the lack of on-site catering facilities apart from breakfast - not great when you arrive at 11pm having been flying since lunchtime. The reception staff were though very helpful in trying to assist with obtaining some food and also looking after our luggage whilst we went off the following day prior to our flight. In addition the courtesy shuttle also took members of the party to specific locations rather than simply to the airport due to them being the only travellers being transported.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, 3960 Corsair Court, Chantilly, Virginia 20151 with my family of five and two dogs.

Very accommodating -- we asked to be on the end of the hotel, on the 3rd floor, away from the airport (to avoid airplane noise and insure that the dogs wouldn't bother other patrons). They made it easy.

The price is less than other hotels in the area.

The hotel looks new and is very clean.

The breakfast bar is well stocked, clean, and attended.

The staff is polite and professional.

Not a great location as far as restaurants, the metro, or easy access to DC but that's not the reason for our stay. It was about $70 / night less expensive than staying closer to DC and it was close to everything we needed (a Super Target, Pender Vet Clinic, the Fair Lakes Mall, the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Air Port, and our family).

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I arrived at this hotel at about 10:30 pm. Earlier in the day, I had called the hotel and been quoted a rate of $79 per night. I was still trying to work out staying at a friend's house, so I didn't make a reservation then. When I arrived, I was told the rate was $139. When I told the clerk that I had been quoted $79 a few hours earlier he said "well, I could change the rate, but then I would have a lot of extra work to do on the computer". I sat down in the lobby to figure out my next move.

While I was sitting there, two gentlemen came in and stated they had a reservation. The clerk asked them "what's your ZIP code? " They politely informed him that they were from "Europe" and didn't have ZIP codes. The clerk informed the patrons that there was no way he could find or honor their reservation without a ZIP code.. The patrons then supplied their postal code from their home country (I happened to recognize it as a French postal code). They were told again that since it didn't have 5 digits, the clerk would not be able to give them a room!

The irony of all of this was that the clerk was an asian man with a heavy accent himself. He must be an immigrant, and he must realize that all countries don't have the same postal codes!

To me, this guy just wasn't trying. He didn't want to find solutions, he just wanted us all to leave.

I did leave and went down the road to a lovely Comfort Inn whose clerk was pleasant and went out of her way to help me get a room and make my stay as good as it could be.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Booked a room with a jacuzzi/tub for my Wedding Anniversary. I'd never seen this hotel and booked it via the assistance of a brother company. I thought for the $152.00 I was being charged, my room would be really nice...how very wrong I was. From the moment we opened the door it was disappointing with outdated furnishings and a really boring decor. For the money, I would have expected a really nice room. That will teach me a lesson to leave my hotel to the last minute for such an important occasion.! Never again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Besides being conveniently close to the airport, this place is one of the best Fairfield Inns that I have stayed at, and that is saying a lot. I'm generally a loyal Marriott member, and this location stands out for its friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, great breakfast, and highspeed internet. Bring a map if you want to find the place. No fault of the hotel, but the roads around Dulles can be tricky.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I had a 6am flight out of IAD and stayed here the previous night. I dropped my hire car off at IAD and the hotel shuttle came to pick me up quickly. The room was clean and quiet, all I did was sleep there. I took the first shuttle of the day (at 4am) to the airport, so missed the breakfast, which started at 4.30am, though I did have coffee before leaving.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!