“Outstanding when in Chantilly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Outstanding when in Chantilly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly, 3960 Corsair Court, Chantilly, Virginia 20151 with my family of five and two dogs.

Very accommodating -- we asked to be on the end of the hotel, on the 3rd floor, away from the airport (to avoid airplane noise and insure that the dogs wouldn't bother other patrons). They made it easy.

The price is less than other hotels in the area.

The hotel looks new and is very clean.

The breakfast bar is well stocked, clean, and attended.

The staff is polite and professional.

Not a great location as far as restaurants, the metro, or easy access to DC but that's not the reason for our stay. It was about $70 / night less expensive than staying closer to DC and it was close to everything we needed (a Super Target, Pender Vet Clinic, the Fair Lakes Mall, the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Air Port, and our family).

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I arrived at this hotel at about 10:30 pm. Earlier in the day, I had called the hotel and been quoted a rate of $79 per night. I was still trying to work out staying at a friend's house, so I didn't make a reservation then. When I arrived, I was told the rate was $139. When I told the clerk that I had been quoted $79 a few hours earlier he said "well, I could change the rate, but then I would have a lot of extra work to do on the computer". I sat down in the lobby to figure out my next move.

While I was sitting there, two gentlemen came in and stated they had a reservation. The clerk asked them "what's your ZIP code? " They politely informed him that they were from "Europe" and didn't have ZIP codes. The clerk informed the patrons that there was no way he could find or honor their reservation without a ZIP code.. The patrons then supplied their postal code from their home country (I happened to recognize it as a French postal code). They were told again that since it didn't have 5 digits, the clerk would not be able to give them a room!

The irony of all of this was that the clerk was an asian man with a heavy accent himself. He must be an immigrant, and he must realize that all countries don't have the same postal codes!

To me, this guy just wasn't trying. He didn't want to find solutions, he just wanted us all to leave.

I did leave and went down the road to a lovely Comfort Inn whose clerk was pleasant and went out of her way to help me get a room and make my stay as good as it could be.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Booked a room with a jacuzzi/tub for my Wedding Anniversary. I'd never seen this hotel and booked it via the assistance of a brother company. I thought for the $152.00 I was being charged, my room would be really nice...how very wrong I was. From the moment we opened the door it was disappointing with outdated furnishings and a really boring decor. For the money, I would have expected a really nice room. That will teach me a lesson to leave my hotel to the last minute for such an important occasion.! Never again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Besides being conveniently close to the airport, this place is one of the best Fairfield Inns that I have stayed at, and that is saying a lot. I'm generally a loyal Marriott member, and this location stands out for its friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, great breakfast, and highspeed internet. Bring a map if you want to find the place. No fault of the hotel, but the roads around Dulles can be tricky.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I had a 6am flight out of IAD and stayed here the previous night. I dropped my hire car off at IAD and the hotel shuttle came to pick me up quickly. The room was clean and quiet, all I did was sleep there. I took the first shuttle of the day (at 4am) to the airport, so missed the breakfast, which started at 4.30am, though I did have coffee before leaving.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Queens, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn & Suites for a week (3/20-3/25). I was in town for medical reasons, with a minor surgery scheduled for that Thursday, so I wanted to make sure I chose a hotel close to the airport and that was conducive to my needs for the week. Initially I booked a double room, which I received with no problem on the first floor. However, when I entered the room, the drapes were open and the parking lot spotlights were shining directly into the room. I couldn't find a way to close the drapes fully, so I called the front desk and they sent someone to close them. Problem solved.

The next 2 days were without problem until Tuesday, 3/22. I got a late start and opened the drapes at @ 1pm, only to discover what looked like a roach on the drapes. I called the front desk and they again sent someone to check out the problem. The maintenance guy came in and discovered not just that 1, but 5 of these critters. I was told they weren't roaches but a local insect that comes out in warm weather (to my knowledge, I'm thinking a cicada?). Ok, that's all well and good but I don't want them IN MY ROOM. The mgr called me and offered me a discounted rate for that night only and told me if I see anymore, simply do not kill them because it would make the room stink. I accepted the discount and left @ 3pm. I returned to the room @ 6:30 only to discover that the room had not been cleaned by housekeeping. Normally, I would chuck it up to a late departure and suck it up but I had leftover food in the garbage cans and with the earlier incident with the bugs, I was a bit livid, especially b/c it wasn't MY fault that I left the room later than usual. I went to the front desk and asked to be upgraded to a suite. I needed to ensure that I would be at the utmost level of comfort. The rep on duty said they had no suites available until the next day but I could move to another double room and then move to a suite the next day. There was no way I was doing that (again, I was having a minor surgery). I refused to take anything less and I stayed at the front desk for a good 30 minutes (he checked in 3 people while I was standing there and kept trying to rush me off, but I wasn't going anywhere). Finally, I just relented and then asked him well can someone at least empty my garbage and give me fresh towels? He made a big fuss about having to leave the front desk and tried to elude that it was MY fault housekeeping never came to my room (if you left earlier, if you let us know when you left). I didn't put the bugs in my room, sir! He ran down to my room with ONE fresh garbage bag. I emptied the cans myself. I then got on the phone amd called Marriott's customer service number directly. Within an hour, I got a call from the mgr who gave me the discount earlier (who was calling from home-or so she said) AND I was moved to a suite on the 3rd floor (magically, a suite became available that they could upgrade me to-mind you, I AM a Marriott rewards member).

The suite was very nice, large and spacious with 2 TVs, a stereo system , fridge, microwave, and plenty of lighting. The only difference I noticed aside from the space is that in the 1st floor room (which faced the back of the hotel), I heard absolutely no airplane noise from the airport. In this 3rd floor suite, facing the front, I heard the loud roar from a number of planes. Since I live so close to LGA in NYC, this didn't bother me but it may bother others. Internet connection was great, simple, easy and fast. The television channels were slim selection, no channel guide in either room and no channel to order movies from. Even when I tried to enter a channel on the remote control, it wouldn't connect, so it was either up or down. Computer in the lobby to print boarding passes convenient and easy to use.

My final glitch with this hotel-when I was upgraded to a suite, the mgr assured me I would NOT be charged and it would be at the same rate. Well lo and behold, when I checked out, the "computer" automatically charged me the suite rate. I brought it to her attn when I checked out. She apologized, said she didn't understand why it did that (riiiight) and immediately changed it to the right amount.

Word of advice-there is nothing around for about a mile or two in either direction (except for the Exxon gas station with a Subway inside). If you follow Old Ox Rd, past Rte. 28, and make a right on Herndon Pkway, you'll find restaurants, a Giant supermarket, and other stores (and avoid the toll on 267). There are plenty of restaurants that deliver, but beware if you use takeout taxi, there's a $6.99 fee on top of the order and the delivery fee or minimum any restaurant may have.

I doubt I'll have future business in this area and I know I won't be here for leisure, but I wouldn't stay at this or other Fairfield Inn & Suites in the future...I'll stick with Courtyards or higher.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Less than a 10 minute shuttle ride from the airport. Decent fairfield Inn. Nothing special but clean and better than average breakfast choices. There isn't anything around so plan accordingly if you need food, shopping, etc. Only a subway in a near by gas station. No Fridge/Micowave in room (not a big deal) just making an observation. If you need a quick place to stay with no frills and the price is right I recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!