“Just a tad disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Benihana Dulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Campbell Hall, New York
“Just a tad disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I have been going Benihana's for over 40 years. This location is good but just not the same presentation that I have experienced in the past. Chef did same-o tricks where we have gone to other not as well known hibachi grills that had us clapping the entire meal from different shenanigans by the chef. Sushi was excellent. Salad dressing was exactly as I remember and it is one of my favorites. Server was either distracted or new as we had to ask for drink refills and for the edamame that I ordered. One lobster tail did not make it with the rest of the food, then the chef had trouble finding the server to get it for him. We were with family and had a great time even with a few issues!

Visited July 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Food Great, Service Lacking(but Friendly)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

So really do you every go out for hibachi food and expect it to be inexpensive?? It never is, its always a treat in our family to go so as we are visiting family decided it was a great place to all meet (8 of us dinning). As it was a wednesday it wasn't really crowded, we did has reservations, but were late due to traffic so had to wait about 10 minutes, our fault so no problem. The hostess was very friendly and nice telling us about the specials and asking who had the seafood allergies, but our waitress was a little lacking. Nice but kept forgetting drinks or different dishes as one at table ordered just an appetizer for her dinner and it didnt come out with the cook. Besides that all the food was really good, had a variety of sushi, hibachi seafood, filet mignon, chicken. The fried rice was good but the vegetables that come with the meal was only onions and zucchini and they were the last thing to get to the plate, also you got mushrooms with some of the dishes and they come by theirselves but before the other veggies(I found this odd). Also they did forget one lobster tail and when the chef realized it, couldn't find our waitress to have her get one quickly. FYI, the Mai Tais are fantastic!!!! They chef was fun and did play around with us but I have seen a lot of the same tricks before and have been to other Hibachi restaurants recently that have new performances, since this is what we are paying a lot for!
I would go back to this location as overall we had a really great time.
I see on website that they take your pictures and put it up there so you can download, nobody every offered this to us and as we are from TX, it would have been nice for that, but again not great waitress.

Visited July 2014
Lansing, Michigan
“We liked the show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

First time here and we did not have any other couples at our table . Quite a different and exciting experience . We could not understand a word our chef was saying and we were very nervous when he asked us different questions. It was so funny afterwards we still laugh about it often. But his food artistry was so interesting and kept us entertained. We thought the food was excellent . Pricy but worth the show and fun memories we got . We would like to go back this summer . Very Unique !

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, United States
“Allison's 21st Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Food was good, service was good, a little expensive for same food I get at Sakura. One thing different is they took pictures and gave us link so we could have copies for everyone in party.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lovettsville, Virginia
“no problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Have not been to Benihana in years, but was very happy with our dinner. We were at a table with two other couples with one child each (we had our 9 year old son) and had a very nice dinner. This is not the spot for a romantic meal, but I really felt we got our money's worth. the chef was skilled as well as friendly. My Son now calls this his favorite restaurant, and we enjoyed it as well. I would like to remark on the Manager who handled a drunk and irate woman in the lobby on the way out. She was causing quite a scene, screaming and asking for a free meal, but he was calm and controlled. When we went into the parking lot to leave she was staggering around asking everyone to kill the place. I don't know what that meant, but I give the Manager kudos for remaining restrained. I would have called the cops. We will go back for sure, for the food and service.

• Visited February 2014