“Dissappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Benihana Dulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
“Dissappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I haven't been to a Benihana in years, but my girlfriend was recently promoted at work and I though it a fun place to take a group of friends to celebrate. Our chef wasn't very animated or friendly (as I was used to them being so in the past), he didn't answer questions that he was asked about he sauces or the food. We found ourselves enjoying other chefs do their presentation at other tables. For what we paid for our plates we were given small portions of protein... it was very disappointing. We made the best of it as we had great company amongst ourselves, but we didn't feel like the staff was there for us at all. I likely won't return to this Benihana location, but will likely give the Bethesda location a try in the future.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ashburn, Virginia
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I remember a time when Benihana was the gold standard for Japanese Hitachi restaurants, not anymore. We went as a family for a birthday, and didn't think it was anything special. The service was very slow, we sat at out table for probably ten minutes before we were even approached for our drink order. The entire meal took over an hour and a half, and not because we ordered multiple courses. There was just a ton of downtime between each time we were waited on or served. Believe me, I understand spreading out a meal, and we weren't in a hurry, it was just really slow... and the restaurant was only about ten percent full.
The food was good, the steak was a nice cut, my daughter liked her white noodles, everything else, chicken, rice, shrimp, was typical. Our "chef" was very shy and didn't put on much of a show.
Our meal was $100.00 for four people without a tip, and none of us were drinking.
We'll find someplace else next time. Sorry Benihana

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“it's been years, but still enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

nice presentation, great drinks, good food. go for the presentation, not so much the food (boring). The drinks were really good... different types, wish I could try out different ones, but the food need to be better to return on a regular basis.

Visited October 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Fun, but awkward”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ate here while waiting for a flight out of Dulles that eventually got cancelled. I loved the food. But It was a bit pricey for the fare offered. Also, sitting next to people who weren't well versed in table etiquette was not a good experience. Would I go back? Probably not, as I do not live in the area. But I am glad I got to experience it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“nice place to celebrate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

me and hubby decided to visit and to our delight we really enjoyed it. The staff was very nice and even took our picture and frame it after finding out we were celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary. They even presented us with a ice cream dishes. We will definitely visit again.

Visited July 2013