“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Benihana Dulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Ashburn, Virginia
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I remember a time when Benihana was the gold standard for Japanese Hitachi restaurants, not anymore. We went as a family for a birthday, and didn't think it was anything special. The service was very slow, we sat at out table for probably ten minutes before we were even approached for our drink order. The entire meal took over an hour and a half, and not because we ordered multiple courses. There was just a ton of downtime between each time we were waited on or served. Believe me, I understand spreading out a meal, and we weren't in a hurry, it was just really slow... and the restaurant was only about ten percent full.
The food was good, the steak was a nice cut, my daughter liked her white noodles, everything else, chicken, rice, shrimp, was typical. Our "chef" was very shy and didn't put on much of a show.
Our meal was $100.00 for four people without a tip, and none of us were drinking.
We'll find someplace else next time. Sorry Benihana

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Herndon, Virginia
“it's been years, but still enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

nice presentation, great drinks, good food. go for the presentation, not so much the food (boring). The drinks were really good... different types, wish I could try out different ones, but the food need to be better to return on a regular basis.

Visited October 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Fun, but awkward”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ate here while waiting for a flight out of Dulles that eventually got cancelled. I loved the food. But It was a bit pricey for the fare offered. Also, sitting next to people who weren't well versed in table etiquette was not a good experience. Would I go back? Probably not, as I do not live in the area. But I am glad I got to experience it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“nice place to celebrate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

me and hubby decided to visit and to our delight we really enjoyed it. The staff was very nice and even took our picture and frame it after finding out we were celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary. They even presented us with a ice cream dishes. We will definitely visit again.

Visited July 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“My 5 year old loved the show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been to other hibachi/japanese style places, but never Benihana. My wife and I had the special (chicken and filet for 2 - $49 (bonus - also came with shrimp)). My son had the kids chicken special.

The three of us sat at a table with a family that had 3 kids of their own. The chef did a really nice job keeping everyone entertained and paid good attention to the kids (volcano, choo choo train, scrambled egg in the shape of a chicken, runaway food, flipping the cup, etc). My son was entranced during the whole food preparation.

The food was good - just what I had expected. Filet was appropriately cooked to order (medium rare).

Cost was about $80 for the three of us after tip. It's a tad on the steep side for our entertainment budget - but the chef did put on a decent show. I would go back.

• Visited March 2013