“nice place to celebrate” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“nice place to celebrate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

me and hubby decided to visit and to our delight we really enjoyed it. The staff was very nice and even took our picture and frame it after finding out we were celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary. They even presented us with a ice cream dishes. We will definitely visit again.

Visited July 2013

45% Recommend
Ashburn, Virginia
“My 5 year old loved the show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been to other hibachi/japanese style places, but never Benihana. My wife and I had the special (chicken and filet for 2 - $49 (bonus - also came with shrimp)). My son had the kids chicken special.

The three of us sat at a table with a family that had 3 kids of their own. The chef did a really nice job keeping everyone entertained and paid good attention to the kids (volcano, choo choo train, scrambled egg in the shape of a chicken, runaway food, flipping the cup, etc). My son was entranced during the whole food preparation.

The food was good - just what I had expected. Filet was appropriately cooked to order (medium rare).

Cost was about $80 for the three of us after tip. It's a tad on the steep side for our entertainment budget - but the chef did put on a decent show. I would go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oak Hill,Virginia
“Lost it's Charm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Took our Grandson there for a fun experience. He enjoyed it, he had never been before . However, the cooks don 't do as my has they use to. The food was not good, chicken was tough, filet quality not great and I know the palate it generally a light one in japanese food but the meal really had no flavor. Pretty pricey for what u get. Won 't be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“your typical benihana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

food was decent, overpriced, but good service and sushi was ok

“Nice night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We decided to drop into Benihana's after nixing some other options in the area and were pleased to be seated right away. My observations below:

Pros:
- Unlike older reviews, our chef did do the onion volcano and some sort of vegetable train. I think he dropped one thing (not a utensil) but considering the number of times that he had food in the air, we thought this was quite well done.
- Price and value for money was good. We got the chicken and steak meal to share which included the soup, small salad, shrimp appetizer, chicken and steak. We also added on the fried rice which was another $3. My husband didn't even finish his meal (being pregnant, I polished every bit of mine off the plate) but we believe that there was plenty of food. Filling for about $50 with sodas.
- We didn't need to wait long for the chef. Despite almost all of the tables being sat (I think they have about 20?), we had a chef walk up shortly after we had finished the soup and salad courses.

Cons:
- The food wasn't exceptional, but it was tasty. I'd agree with another reviewer that the fried rice was a bit bland for the extra charge.
- It was a little bit difficult to find the server for refills. I'd probably suggest having one server for every two tables so that they can keep up with refills and anything else customers might need.
- After the chef left, he turned on a vent above the stove to cool the area down. Although I completely understand why it was turned on, it became so cold by our table that all of the women and some of the men, were commenting on how it was just too cold to eat. My husband finally went and found a server to turn it off.

Overall, I don't really think that the restaurant deserves the low rating that it currently has on here. It was good food and an entertaining evening.

Visited March 2012