We decided to drop into Benihana's after nixing some other options in the area and were pleased to be seated right away. My observations below:
- Unlike older reviews, our chef did do the onion volcano and some sort of vegetable train. I think he dropped one thing (not a utensil) but considering the number of times that he had food in the air, we thought this was quite well done.
- Price and value for money was good. We got the chicken and steak meal to share which included the soup, small salad, shrimp appetizer, chicken and steak. We also added on the fried rice which was another $3. My husband didn't even finish his meal (being pregnant, I polished every bit of mine off the plate) but we believe that there was plenty of food. Filling for about $50 with sodas.
- We didn't need to wait long for the chef. Despite almost all of the tables being sat (I think they have about 20?), we had a chef walk up shortly after we had finished the soup and salad courses.
- The food wasn't exceptional, but it was tasty. I'd agree with another reviewer that the fried rice was a bit bland for the extra charge.
- It was a little bit difficult to find the server for refills. I'd probably suggest having one server for every two tables so that they can keep up with refills and anything else customers might need.
- After the chef left, he turned on a vent above the stove to cool the area down. Although I completely understand why it was turned on, it became so cold by our table that all of the women and some of the men, were commenting on how it was just too cold to eat. My husband finally went and found a server to turn it off.
Overall, I don't really think that the restaurant deserves the low rating that it currently has on here. It was good food and an entertaining evening.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.