“Very nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dublin
“Very nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This Hampton Inn had very nice rooms and they were clean. The main problem that this hotel has is that they let people smoke right at the entrance and when you have asthma or sinus problems that's not a good thing because to check in you have to walk through the smoke. The breakfast was not that great either. But since I'm a real Hampton Inn fan I would recommend this hotel if you can take all the smokers that linger put front.

• Stayed September 2013

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Traveling thru Virginia we stopped at the Dublin Va, area Hampton. We were thrilled with the cleanliness of this Inn. The breakfast had a lot of choices and the food was great. Will stay again when in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Beaverdam, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel staff at this Hampton Inn are all very friendly and helpful. They make you feel at home. The hotel offers a good value for the money. The location is convenient to the interstates and several area colleges including Virginia Tech. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Pilot
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is not worth the price. The cleanliness was not up to par. We recently stayed at Colony House in Roanoke Va which is a 50 year old family motel. We were more pleased with the quality and value or this small motel that we were with the Hampton. Our main complaint is that is smelled of cigarrette smoke and we were told that it would be taken care of and they would move us to a different room. Instead we had a maintenance man bring us a huge fan that was so loud it sounded like a jet plane in our room and did nothing but stir up the smell of the smoke. Not a great value or nearly as comfortable as the small motel we came across in Roanoke Va.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MILLERSVILLE, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were dropping a child at college and found this slightly out of the way hotel. It is modern, quiet, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice as there are few options around. We missed not having a gym to get some exercise after sitting in the car for hours but found the hotel a great find compared to others along I81

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I realized that I have only written reviews for hotels if I have had and exceptionally good or bad experience and have left many good stays gone unrecognized. My recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Dublin, Virginia is just such a case. I found this hotel to be clean, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast satisfying.
To explain a little more, I am always pleased to find that the t.v. remote control is one that is called a "clean remote" that sits in its own box on the t.v. stand and is sanitized between customers.
The lap desk is also a plus as I can sit up on the bed and do some of my business reports without having to sit at the fixed de. The fixed desk did have a good feature in that there was an electrical outlet on the wall above the desk. This along with the usual one on the computer lamp was appreciated as I often have a computer, navigator, cellphone to be plugged in all at once and am seeking other plugs to use. Simple but thoughtful idea.

Another small but appreciated item is that among the toiletries they make mouthwash available. It is hard when traveling by air to pack a large mouthwash and the TSA security does not allow over 3oz, so this little mouthwash is a welcome addition.

The shower head was at a great height for me (unusual). I am 6'3" tall and often the shower heads are place much lower and I have to be a contortionist to get the full benefit. I know short
persons might want it lower, but for me it was a real treat.

The breakfast had more items than I typically find at comparable hotels. I was pleased to find they offered Hot Oatmeal (not the instant packages but the real stuff!) It was accompanied by dried fruits, brown sugar and nuts. The waffles, eggs, sausage were more typical but looked fresh.
The breakfast room had a long raised bar like table that several people could sit at on either side. This was a good idea as often I travel alone on business and don't want to take up a 4 seat table by myself. Several people could sit at this counter like table and make the seating more efficient. The only negative I found was that the t.v. was on a wall 90 degrees from the table, so If one wanted to catch the early news programs (as I like to do during breakfast) you had to look over your shoulder past the other patrons to see the screen and hope they didn't think you were looking at them! If fact of the mostly 20 seating positions only about 4 would face the t.v. in that room.

I enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn and the Hampton Inns will be high on my list for future hotel needs if they all match my experience at this one in Dublin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, VA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Considering the location (very remote, southwestern VA), this seemed like an extremely high price for a hotel. Even with the AAA rate, I still paid $268 for only two nights. The hotel was nice enough, but wasn't exactly anything special. The mattress was quite stiff and fairly uncomfortable. There was a post-it note on the headboard telling us that our linens were clean for our arrival (I should hope so!) - seemed like an extremely tacky way to make that clear, and made me wonder why that actually needed to be clarified, as I would expect that at any hotel. Taking the free breakfast into consideration, but also the less-than-awesome things noted above, I would have expected to pay $99/night, if that, for this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!