“A Pleasant Stay with no Surprises” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
Michigan
“A Pleasant Stay with no Surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I realized that I have only written reviews for hotels if I have had and exceptionally good or bad experience and have left many good stays gone unrecognized. My recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Dublin, Virginia is just such a case. I found this hotel to be clean, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast satisfying.
To explain a little more, I am always pleased to find that the t.v. remote control is one that is called a "clean remote" that sits in its own box on the t.v. stand and is sanitized between customers.
The lap desk is also a plus as I can sit up on the bed and do some of my business reports without having to sit at the fixed de. The fixed desk did have a good feature in that there was an electrical outlet on the wall above the desk. This along with the usual one on the computer lamp was appreciated as I often have a computer, navigator, cellphone to be plugged in all at once and am seeking other plugs to use. Simple but thoughtful idea.

Another small but appreciated item is that among the toiletries they make mouthwash available. It is hard when traveling by air to pack a large mouthwash and the TSA security does not allow over 3oz, so this little mouthwash is a welcome addition.

The shower head was at a great height for me (unusual). I am 6'3" tall and often the shower heads are place much lower and I have to be a contortionist to get the full benefit. I know short
persons might want it lower, but for me it was a real treat.

The breakfast had more items than I typically find at comparable hotels. I was pleased to find they offered Hot Oatmeal (not the instant packages but the real stuff!) It was accompanied by dried fruits, brown sugar and nuts. The waffles, eggs, sausage were more typical but looked fresh.
The breakfast room had a long raised bar like table that several people could sit at on either side. This was a good idea as often I travel alone on business and don't want to take up a 4 seat table by myself. Several people could sit at this counter like table and make the seating more efficient. The only negative I found was that the t.v. was on a wall 90 degrees from the table, so If one wanted to catch the early news programs (as I like to do during breakfast) you had to look over your shoulder past the other patrons to see the screen and hope they didn't think you were looking at them! If fact of the mostly 20 seating positions only about 4 would face the t.v. in that room.

I enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn and the Hampton Inns will be high on my list for future hotel needs if they all match my experience at this one in Dublin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fairfax, VA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Considering the location (very remote, southwestern VA), this seemed like an extremely high price for a hotel. Even with the AAA rate, I still paid $268 for only two nights. The hotel was nice enough, but wasn't exactly anything special. The mattress was quite stiff and fairly uncomfortable. There was a post-it note on the headboard telling us that our linens were clean for our arrival (I should hope so!) - seemed like an extremely tacky way to make that clear, and made me wonder why that actually needed to be clarified, as I would expect that at any hotel. Taking the free breakfast into consideration, but also the less-than-awesome things noted above, I would have expected to pay $99/night, if that, for this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hampton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are regular visitors to Hampton Inns throughout the South. This property is getting a facelift, however some work needs to be done to the "bones" of the hotel. Some locks are not working properly and several room air conditioners need work. We also had a cracked toilet in one of our rooms causing us to turn off the water. We were moved to another room which remedied two of the problems. The staff goes above and beyond to accomodate its guests in traditional Hampton Inn fashion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Bellmore, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nothing fancy here, simple bare bones basic Hampton Inn. It was under renovations when we were there so many of the common areas seemed dated. Otherwise clean and comfortable. It is right off Interstate 81 so you don't have to go far to look for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ashburn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had excellent accommodations at this location of Hampton Inn. The room was very clean with lovely linens. The breakfast options were varied and well liked by our entire family group. There was something for all ages.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our room was clean, the little details were welcomed after a long day on the road, and the stay was almost perfect. There is not quite enough seating for breakfast guests, but other than that, I would return again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the woman working as the breakfast hostess. She was very cheerful and engaging. She kept asking if she could get us anything; what a gem. Was kind of like having Mom there :)

The rest of it was very average. Rooms were clean, sort of. Not the nicest Hampton Inn I have stayed at and starting to show its age.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!