“Popped up and made a bad night good” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
latrobe
“Popped up and made a bad night good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A long drive, lousy weather, fog and snow/rain turned a decent drive into a pain in my sit upon. Popping out of the fog was the lodging sign on I-81. I got off the interstate and drove straight up into the hotel area. I went in and the Night Manager, Luke, was a real help to me by giving me information on places to eat in the area. I made it a good stay by taking time to do laundry and iron my clothes. The facility, overall, was clean, even in the areas where renovations were being done. The laundry room was very clean and the washer and dryer each cost $1.25 and I advise you to have change available because the front desk doesn't keep much on hand and there's no change machine. Even with a group of younger travellers coming in and being exuberant didn't make a big difference. The rooms are fairly well noise insulated and warm so scant attention was paid to their bit of noise. I did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet so I'm unable to comment on it. I was a bit disappointed with the value for cost bt it had been a long drive ad I wasn't that inclined to seek other lodging.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I needed a quick stop on a long road trip and were very pleased. The breakfast was easy and fairly tasty that made a quick departure easy. Only issue is there is some remodeling. Overall, I was happy with my visit and it well exceeded my modest expectations.

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here unexpectedly to get off of the road during a bad storm. I feel like it was way overpriced but my car was getting little traction on the road and I was afraid to go anywhere else. The in room coffee was terrible. I like Hamptons and usually stay and pay around 80 - but 108 - I felt like I'd been taken advantage of.

• Stayed January 2013
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Dublin, VA is like a home away from home. I like Hampton Inns generally, but this one is extra special because of an extremely friendly and attentive staff. They are currently remodeling the lobby area which makes things a little less convenient, but I understand that work will be completed shortly, possibly by the time I am writing this review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here on our trip south. We have always been happy with the Hampton Inns. This one was undergoing renovation in the lobby area, not a problem. The problems began when settling in for the night. The heat/AC runs constantly and loudly. Then the toilet kept running after flushing. Tried jiggling the handle, no luck. Three times in and out of bed to get it to stop, but no luck. Closed the bathroom door and managed to get to sleep. In the morning it would not flush at all. When we went to breakfast one of the hotel workers was kind enough to let us use a bathroom in a vacant room or we would have been embarrassed to use the one in ours.
This room should have been checked before use. The hotel was far from full, but we got one that did not function well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stopped here on our way back south over the holidays. It was at the half way point of our trip. The hotel was undergoing some renovation. Looks like they are transitioning to the newer Hampton Inn feel. Anyway, the rooms appeared to have been upgraded already and were clean and comfortable. We will certainly stop here again if our travels bring us through.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We spent two non-consecutive nights here with a bus tour group from Pennsylvania going to Nashville. Room was clean, staff courteous, continental breakfast exceptional.Both rooms had minor plumbing issues (clogged sink, broken shower diverter), but beds were comfortable.,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!