“Quality goes from excellent to terrible in one year” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4424 Cleburne Blvd, I-81 at SR 100, Dublin, VA 24084 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
CRAIGSVILLE
“Quality goes from excellent to terrible in one year”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

After staying at this motel for the past 7 years I feel this will be the last. Upon checking in the desk clerk was very rude not only to
me but to another customer who had been waiting to check in.
The phone rang a customer called in to make reservations and was put on hold, I insisted that she take care of the customer we could wait. The Clerk replied, "I cannot understand her and by putting her on hold she might hang up".
We found the shower curtain had mildew spots and also mildew around the fixtures in the shower. The electric recrepticles in the bathroom would not work.
The continental breakfast for a full motel was a joke. The attendant would bring out 4 or 5 pieces of bread at a time for as many as 15 to 20 people eating at one time. A larger breakfast room much needed to accommodate a full motel.
Not only did we have complaints; we over heard complaints everytime we left our room, out by the pool, in the hall ways, in the parking lot and etc.
Also first impression means a lot - the landscaping definately needs attention - weeds taking over !

• Liked — The goverment rate
  • Disliked — Front desk clerk very rude- could not check in until 4PM-
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NOVA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

DON'T GO THERE!! Horrible hotel, room and service!
The hotel hallways was incredibly filthy. The room, bathroom, the carpet, the beds were disgusting. The front desk clerk was clueless. The continental breakfast room is the size of a small walk-in closet. We had a horrible stay!

• Stayed June 2005
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

Stayed here back in august 2004 and wasn't impressed.The location is good as it's quite central but the room was poor and the staff even worse.
We had a lovely view of a brick wall in a room that you could'nt swing a cat in and on our second night were woken by the fire alarm and evacuated to the hotel lobby at 3am.[false alarm of course].
On our first morning they tried to charge us for breakfast when we'd booked bed and breakfast and they weren't to concerned or apologetic when this was explained to them.
Dublins a great city but stay elsewhere if you visit

Stayed August 2004
newport news, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

The Comfort Inn is located of of I-81 and SR100. The actual entrance to the hotel area is hard to spot and can be treacherous if you don't watch the oncoming cars.
The Comfort Inn is located at the top of the hill above the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. There is a Shoney's restaurant there too.
The Comfort Inn shows it's age on the outside. The lobby is ok, could use refurbishing.
The staff was courteous and check in was fast.
The hotel has two floors but no elevator. So if you can't use the stairs, ask for a first floor room.
The rooms are very clean and colorful. The bed is comfortable but the pillows are lumpy. Wish I had brought mine with me.
One bright spot was the chair with ottoman by the bed. How nice to be able to put your feet up after a long day of graduation ceremonies.
The bathroom was very clean and the towels were thick.
All in all a good find. Comfortable.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

The hotel itself was quite adequate and conveniently located off the interstate. We were the only ones checking in (there were four of us) and the clerk made it seem like it was a bother to her. She definitely needed some better people skills or maybe shouldn't be working with the public. The room was clean and we got it at a very good price by using a traveler guide coupon. We would stay at this hotel again and hopefully the front desk clerk will improve her people skills.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel several times two years ago and my stay was great. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and more than willing to help me with any problems I had with the area.
I had to return to the dublin area and stayed there once again. I was very disappointed with the unfriendliness of the staff and the rooms were far from what I remember. The bathrooms looked very unkept and the carpet was to say the least filthy.I was told by the lady at the front desk it was under new management . I got my refund and stayed at another hotel up the road. ( super 8 )
The dunlin area has grown up a bit since my first stay. Several NEW hotels around in the same area. So don't waste your time and money going to the Comfort Inn.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!