“Thanksgiving 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4424 Cleburne Blvd, I-81 at SR 100, Dublin, VA 24084 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
pickwick dam
“Thanksgiving 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

After 2 "legs" on a airplane from california and a shuttle ride from charlotte nc to Finally get to our hotel room at 1 am exhausted, we are always welcomed with smiling faces and warm greetings . But on this holiday our employer who is local had no shuttle service and taxi's weren't answering the phone..... HHMMM probably eating turkey with family .... as for myself and my hiusband we opted to work this holiday, and so did the hotel clerk who was AWESOME not only was she filling in for others so they could enjoy their turkey with family , Her Husband Who was equally AWESOME , took time away from caring for a older parent to drive us from the hotel to our companys address . i never got the name of the clerk but i wanted everyone to know that Her and Her husband are AWESOME!!!! And to say THANK YOU again for taking time out of your holiday to help 2 complete strangers. We are THANKFUL thast there are still caring people in this world !!!! definite recommend this hotel to anyone and we will stay here again business or pleasure !!! Scarlett & JOnathan B Choice privileges member and LOVING the service we receive !!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had only been to SW Va once, glad to discover this great hotel. While certainly not a new facility, it was very clean and comfortable, very helpful front desk folks, too. Smoking rooms available on 2nd floor, no elevator so there are some steps - no big deal for me. Right off I-81 and close to Wal-mart and convenience stores, gas.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms on 2nd Floor, awesome view on this side of Hotel, no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband booked a room here before reading the reviews. When we checked in around 9pm the first room we got was absolutely filthy. Grime on the light switches and a/c unit, the carpets were very dirty and stained, the bedspreads also stained with cigarette burn holes, the easy chair in the room was so vile it looked like something someone would have left on the side of the road. Within minutes of turning on the a/c the room REEKED of smoke (our reservations were for a non-smoking room) So my husband called the front desk and they moved us to another room around 10:00.
Which was cleaner, however our toddler had to share the bed with us and my 6 ft tall son had to sleep in a chair.
Much like another reviewer who stayed the same night had mentioned, the hallway smelled like a cat box.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Dublin after thoroughly enjoying the Virginia Tech game. We checked in at around 9:00 pm on a Saturday night. The area, around Clayter Lake, is beautiful and we had enjoyed several hours of out door activities locally.

The outside of the hotel was okay, but upon entering, the deterioration and lack of care are clear. The tile floors were dirty, the carpets were FILTHY. While the staff were helpful and friendly, they were not well-dressed and the smell of cigarettes on them was pervasive. We reached our room through the main, first-floor hall and the it smelled EXACTLY like a cat box! Horrible, strong, ammonia-like smell. Entering the room, it smelled way too strongly of air freshener which had been sprayed to cover cigarette smoke. I turned on the AC, which didn't smell a LOT better, but it did move the air around enough to dissipate the strong air freshener.

The bed clothes were clean, the blanket was new. The mattress was enclosed, thankfully, in a bug-proof cover. The pillows were small, but I'd brought my own. The furnishings were dilapidated but clean. Again, the carpet was FILTHY! The bathroom was not updated, but was very clean. The amenities were sufficient given our short stay.

BIg negative: we checked in at 9:00 pm-ish and Housekeeping knocked on our door before 8:30 the next morning. We were STEPS from the Front Desk. Does Housekeeping NOT get a list of the early check-outs?

Big pluses: I forgot to take my pillow with me when we checked out. I realized an hour or so later and ran back, thinking I'd be out of luck. However, my pillow was on the bed where I'd left it. Hot coffee and decent continental breakfast was available early in the morning and stayed open later than posted.

All in all, we slept well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Spotsylvania, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've stayed here in the past, but new staff and the upgrades are starting to show at this location. They were cleaning carpets as I arrived today. For the price and the effort taken by the staff to ensure that every stay is enjoyable, I commend them. I travel often and enjoy a safe, clean, and friendly place. I am realistic about expecting at least as good as I provide for my own quest. Give them a try. And be WOWed by the experience.

Room Tip: I prefer staying near an exit, but a few door away..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chantilly
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Well, it's not the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, but it's not great.

The good - sheets felt good

The not so good - blankets and comforters on the bed were stained and felt terrible, air conditioner had broken nob (we turned it with a pair of pliers we had) and didn't work well, sink did not have a drain and the faucet itself was very wobbly, etc, etc -

I definitly don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Central NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is, without a doubt, the filthiest hotel I've ever had the misfortune to stay in. We asked and received a "nonsmoking" room only to find that the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke and smoke leaked in from adjoining rooms. The ceiling was stained yellow from years of smoke and lack of proper upkeep. The room was dingy, the bathroom dirty with spots of mildew. I wanted to leave after seeing the room, but my husband feared we wouldn't be able to find another room elsewhere. So we stayed, but at 4:15 a.m., he woke me up and said he couldn't stand to stay any longer. So, we left. I will not risk staying at another Comfort Inn again. Clearly, the company is completely lacking in quality control.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!