“Serves its purpose as a reasonably priced efficient airport hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dublin

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Dublin
sydney
“Serves its purpose as a reasonably priced efficient airport hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Although the rooms are small I found the hotel was perfect for a short trip to Dublin airport. Staff were very helpful and the facilities adequate for the natire of the hotel.
Recommended for its proximity to airport.

• Stayed September 2013

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked the hotel online and they mentioned they were pet friendly-PERFECT! Upon checking in I indicated that I brought my pet and the clerk immediately stated she needed to change my room. I was worried; however when I entered the "new" room I was pleasantly surprized! I must have been given an upgrade because I had a king bed and next to it was a huge two person jacuzzi. Everything in the room was in great order. The a/c worked ok, not great, so the room felt stuffy the next morning.

Staff was pleasant and I asked for the room to NOT be serviced, since it wasn't needed. Breakfast was typical, and took care of my hunger.

The drive to Radford was easy and quick. I would come back again if nothing available in Radford.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After driving up and down Cleburne Blvd. and the GPS stating we have reached our location, which we could not see, we decided to call the hotel and get verbal directions. She told us we would not be able to find it using our GPS, but she gave us directions and we were close. So be aware your GPS will not get you there. It is located right off the exit up a small street, not sure why the address is Cleburne Blvd, as it is not on that road. Nice hotel, friendly staff, our room was clean and well maintained. Great stay once we found the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel room was clean, well kept. The night hotel staff was friendly and helpful, ensuring everything was easy and quick from check-in to restaurants in the area. The next morning, the usually great Holiday Inn Express Breakfast was lacking. Signs were out saying the cinnamon rolls were not quite done, but the plastic covers remained there the entire hour I was there Coffee was out and there was no one there to request more. Turns out she was outside smoking in front of the hotel with the front desk lady. If not for the breakfast, this would have been a perfectly lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear KJACR,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I'm truly delighted you like our clean rooms. I am sorry that the level of staff service and breakfast did not meet your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologize and assure you that this is not the type of service we are accustomed to providing. We appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with the appropriate people and departments.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you for another visit soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first stop on our Pennsylvania to Texas moving trip...two cars, two kids (under 8) and two dogs...
The hotel room was odd, but perfect. Huge room, with a big bed and sofa bed, fridge, microwave, you know, those little things that make traveling with the family a little easier. The room almost looked like it had been a conference room that had been converted to a guest-room, odd but fine. Room was clean, beds were comfy. Of course the children sampled hotel pools from Virginia to Texas, and this one was clean with plenty of towels right beside it, nice.
All in all, a perfectly adequate "just off the highway" hotel...

...with a FIVE-STAR STAFF.

From the moment we checked in, we felt welcome. I don't know how many times the front desk staff asked if there was anything we needed as we came and went from the cars, the pool, etc., but it was more than this seasoned business traveler is used to. The staff was just as friendly and helpful during breakfast the next morning, everything was stocked and clean, and they checked to see if there was anything we might have wanted that we didn't see. Really just top-notch customer service, with genuine smiles.
Thank you HIE of Dublin for starting our journey out with a smile...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although there were a few issues this Holiday Inn Express was a nice place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and the furnishings were in very nice condition. The staff is very friendly and more than willing to be helpful and kind. The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked each morning. The lady running the breakfast area was especially friendly. The only issues we experienced were with the room lock on our door. It was a little temperamental at times. The other issue was the hotel elevator. It was inoperable up to the last night of our stay. This was no problem for us although we had to use the stairs on the side of the building. We didn't get an opportunity to use the pool or gym during this stay but they appeared to be very well equipped, very clean and very well maintained. The hotel was very quiet and nice during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

When on the road this year, I have been staying in 2 motel chains to build points on my 2 different cards to earn free nights.
After staying in a Holiday Inn for 6 nights on the way home I thought we would stay in another to get more points. My travel companion picked up a motel coupon book at a rest area and suggested we try to use a coupon.
When I called the Holiday Inn Express the afternoon of 7/8/13 and asked if they had rooms the lady said yes. When I asked her about the coupon she said we could not use it since they were ALMOST full. She even said, in an arrogant tone of voice, that it said on the coupon, that coupons were only good based on availability. My point was, they were not full.

We were not trying to be cheap, we had planned to pay AAA price where ever we stayed, we just decided to use the coupons since they were offered. My first thought about those coupon books was there must be a catch.

After talking to the woman at the motel, I felt we should have been able to use the coupon since they were not full. I felt like I was talked down too and I am a consumer advocate and know what she did was not right.

We stayed at the motel across the street from this one and the staff welcomed our coupon and treated us like the proper middle aged people we are. This was not my first experience with Holiday
Inn Express that I didn't feel they were very friendly. The older Holiday Inns have all been great and I have stayed in several of both.

After this experience, I may start building my points on the other card where I got treated better and got to use a coupon. That was my first time to use a coupon at a motel and I realize they have limitations, again, they were not full and their competition gladly accepted it .

I am a business person and understand how these kinds of things work. I know how important customer service is and I spend my money where I find the best customer service and value for my dollar in a nice safe place. Most of the time I travel alone and always stay at motels where I can build points on my Priority, Choice and Club Carlson cards. I try to use 2 of the cards the most to build points.

This property was a very nice looking motel and it looked very new but the woman on the telephone caused me to decide to stay at the competition across the street. She really could have been more polite.

Just because I asked about the coupon did not mean I was some kind of person Holiday Inn Express would not want to do business with and that is just how she made me feel. I have been staying with HI for 39 years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dublin? Share your experiences!