“Great Staff=Happy Family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Dublin
Cedar Park, Texas
“Great Staff=Happy Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first stop on our Pennsylvania to Texas moving trip...two cars, two kids (under 8) and two dogs...
The hotel room was odd, but perfect. Huge room, with a big bed and sofa bed, fridge, microwave, you know, those little things that make traveling with the family a little easier. The room almost looked like it had been a conference room that had been converted to a guest-room, odd but fine. Room was clean, beds were comfy. Of course the children sampled hotel pools from Virginia to Texas, and this one was clean with plenty of towels right beside it, nice.
All in all, a perfectly adequate "just off the highway" hotel...

...with a FIVE-STAR STAFF.

From the moment we checked in, we felt welcome. I don't know how many times the front desk staff asked if there was anything we needed as we came and went from the cars, the pool, etc., but it was more than this seasoned business traveler is used to. The staff was just as friendly and helpful during breakfast the next morning, everything was stocked and clean, and they checked to see if there was anything we might have wanted that we didn't see. Really just top-notch customer service, with genuine smiles.
Thank you HIE of Dublin for starting our journey out with a smile...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although there were a few issues this Holiday Inn Express was a nice place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and the furnishings were in very nice condition. The staff is very friendly and more than willing to be helpful and kind. The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked each morning. The lady running the breakfast area was especially friendly. The only issues we experienced were with the room lock on our door. It was a little temperamental at times. The other issue was the hotel elevator. It was inoperable up to the last night of our stay. This was no problem for us although we had to use the stairs on the side of the building. We didn't get an opportunity to use the pool or gym during this stay but they appeared to be very well equipped, very clean and very well maintained. The hotel was very quiet and nice during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

When on the road this year, I have been staying in 2 motel chains to build points on my 2 different cards to earn free nights.
After staying in a Holiday Inn for 6 nights on the way home I thought we would stay in another to get more points. My travel companion picked up a motel coupon book at a rest area and suggested we try to use a coupon.
When I called the Holiday Inn Express the afternoon of 7/8/13 and asked if they had rooms the lady said yes. When I asked her about the coupon she said we could not use it since they were ALMOST full. She even said, in an arrogant tone of voice, that it said on the coupon, that coupons were only good based on availability. My point was, they were not full.

We were not trying to be cheap, we had planned to pay AAA price where ever we stayed, we just decided to use the coupons since they were offered. My first thought about those coupon books was there must be a catch.

After talking to the woman at the motel, I felt we should have been able to use the coupon since they were not full. I felt like I was talked down too and I am a consumer advocate and know what she did was not right.

We stayed at the motel across the street from this one and the staff welcomed our coupon and treated us like the proper middle aged people we are. This was not my first experience with Holiday
Inn Express that I didn't feel they were very friendly. The older Holiday Inns have all been great and I have stayed in several of both.

After this experience, I may start building my points on the other card where I got treated better and got to use a coupon. That was my first time to use a coupon at a motel and I realize they have limitations, again, they were not full and their competition gladly accepted it .

I am a business person and understand how these kinds of things work. I know how important customer service is and I spend my money where I find the best customer service and value for my dollar in a nice safe place. Most of the time I travel alone and always stay at motels where I can build points on my Priority, Choice and Club Carlson cards. I try to use 2 of the cards the most to build points.

This property was a very nice looking motel and it looked very new but the woman on the telephone caused me to decide to stay at the competition across the street. She really could have been more polite.

Just because I asked about the coupon did not mean I was some kind of person Holiday Inn Express would not want to do business with and that is just how she made me feel. I have been staying with HI for 39 years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked a rewards night and were traveling with our dog, so we were informed we would pay a pet fee and be given a "pet room". The pet fee was to pay for "deep cleaning" after we left. We were given a room which was not even close in comparison with other HIE. There was food under the bed, my dog almost ate a dropped medication, the toilet leaked, and the AC filter was so nasty we washed it in the shower. The carpet was stained. Our dog, on the other hand, had been groomed, bathed, and shaved and does not sleep on the bed. Henceforth, we will be asking to see the "pet room" before we check in.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear meredith a,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, bathroom condition and the air conditioning. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was traveling from State College, PA, back to my home in Gainesville, GA, and stopped here to spend the night. I was greeted by Tyler (I think that was his name), the Night Desk guy, who was probably the friendliest hotel clerk I've ever met. He set me up with a beautiful, quiet room on the 3rd floor, and I had a wonderful, peaceful night's sleep. My only complaint would be the breakfast, with it's dried out powdered "omelets" and lack of variety. But that's typical of ALL Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, not exclusive to this one. But hey...it's free, so what should I expect, right? (I think I'm a little spoiled by the wonderful spread we experienced at the Residence Inn in Asheville, NC, earlier in the year. Also free...and delicious).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling to VA for a family funeral and noticed through various searches there weren't too many options; I "hesitantly" chose the Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surprised. Our room (225 end unit) was huge, very clean and nicely appointed. When it comes to where I lay my head at night I am a stickler for CLEAN. The staff at the counter was very accomodating and extended that southern hospitality. Breakfast buffet in the morning had cereal, pasteries, yogurt as well as some hot biscutts/gravey and eggs/sausage. They hotel was in the process of a remodel so there were some remnants of construction but that was in the stairwell and not hallway. Others mentioned noise level but I did not experience that, possibly because we were in an end unit. The only difficulty we had was actually finding the hotel, it is set back off the road and was hard to find. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hoping for a quiet place for the night. Check in was quick and problemless. Room was ok. The problems occurred from thin walls and floors. There was a family above with 2 small children that were still very active at 11pm. Went to front desk, during shift change. The manager coming in said he didn't see anything on the hall cameras so to come back down in 30 mins if the noise did not stop. The manager leaving knew which room and luckily made a call. The tub did not drain, so I took a bath while taking a shower. The breakfast personnel was very rude. Too interested in restocking bar. I was trying to get a cinnamon roll and she reached completely over me moving me out of the way to put another tray in. The sausage was dry and cold. Eggs were cold. If I were going up 81 again and needed to stop, I'd continue a little further north or south.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear gonow912,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. We have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, we do apologize and regret that these impacted your experience at our hotel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dublin? Share your experiences!