When on the road this year, I have been staying in 2 motel chains to build points on my 2 different cards to earn free nights.
After staying in a Holiday Inn for 6 nights on the way home I thought we would stay in another to get more points. My travel companion picked up a motel coupon book at a rest area and suggested we try to use a coupon.
When I called the Holiday Inn Express the afternoon of 7/8/13 and asked if they had rooms the lady said yes. When I asked her about the coupon she said we could not use it since they were ALMOST full. She even said, in an arrogant tone of voice, that it said on the coupon, that coupons were only good based on availability. My point was, they were not full.
We were not trying to be cheap, we had planned to pay AAA price where ever we stayed, we just decided to use the coupons since they were offered. My first thought about those coupon books was there must be a catch.
After talking to the woman at the motel, I felt we should have been able to use the coupon since they were not full. I felt like I was talked down too and I am a consumer advocate and know what she did was not right.
We stayed at the motel across the street from this one and the staff welcomed our coupon and treated us like the proper middle aged people we are. This was not my first experience with Holiday
Inn Express that I didn't feel they were very friendly. The older Holiday Inns have all been great and I have stayed in several of both.
After this experience, I may start building my points on the other card where I got treated better and got to use a coupon. That was my first time to use a coupon at a motel and I realize they have limitations, again, they were not full and their competition gladly accepted it .
I am a business person and understand how these kinds of things work. I know how important customer service is and I spend my money where I find the best customer service and value for my dollar in a nice safe place. Most of the time I travel alone and always stay at motels where I can build points on my Priority, Choice and Club Carlson cards. I try to use 2 of the cards the most to build points.
This property was a very nice looking motel and it looked very new but the woman on the telephone caused me to decide to stay at the competition across the street. She really could have been more polite.
Just because I asked about the coupon did not mean I was some kind of person Holiday Inn Express would not want to do business with and that is just how she made me feel. I have been staying with HI for 39 years.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Holiday Inn Express Dublin Hotel
- Holiday Inn Dublin
- Dublin Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Dublin. Located off Interstate 81 and minutes from the Main Campus of New River Community College, Radford University and Virginia Tech(VPI) our staff will work hard to provide you with a welcoming style and graciousness that exemplifies the spirit of Southern Hospitality . Visiting a customer or other business? VOLVO/MAC, Danaher Motion, Xaloy, Bond Cote, Findlay, and James Hardie are all with-in close proximity. Just visiting? Plan a day at Claytor Lake State Park, New River Valley Speedway, New River Trail, Blue Ridge Parkway and the many historic Civil War sites. Our 61 room hotel seeks to be a pleasing environment with a series of pleasing experiences that enhance our guests stay. After a long day, soak in our hot tub or relax and indulge pool side. Upon arriving to your room, you will encounter a wide variety of in-room amenities that fulfill your over night lodging needs. Wake up energized with our complimentary sumptuous hot deluxe Continental breakfast. Whether traveling on business or pleasure, we invite you to experience the combination of services and amenities that make you feel like a member of our family. It would be 'Our pleasure' to have you as our guest. What makes us different is when you leave, you have experienced the difference.We hope that we have the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.