“Not clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
Round Rock, Texas
“Not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked a rewards night and were traveling with our dog, so we were informed we would pay a pet fee and be given a "pet room". The pet fee was to pay for "deep cleaning" after we left. We were given a room which was not even close in comparison with other HIE. There was food under the bed, my dog almost ate a dropped medication, the toilet leaked, and the AC filter was so nasty we washed it in the shower. The carpet was stained. Our dog, on the other hand, had been groomed, bathed, and shaved and does not sleep on the bed. Henceforth, we will be asking to see the "pet room" before we check in.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear meredith a,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, bathroom condition and the air conditioning. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was traveling from State College, PA, back to my home in Gainesville, GA, and stopped here to spend the night. I was greeted by Tyler (I think that was his name), the Night Desk guy, who was probably the friendliest hotel clerk I've ever met. He set me up with a beautiful, quiet room on the 3rd floor, and I had a wonderful, peaceful night's sleep. My only complaint would be the breakfast, with it's dried out powdered "omelets" and lack of variety. But that's typical of ALL Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, not exclusive to this one. But hey...it's free, so what should I expect, right? (I think I'm a little spoiled by the wonderful spread we experienced at the Residence Inn in Asheville, NC, earlier in the year. Also free...and delicious).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling to VA for a family funeral and noticed through various searches there weren't too many options; I "hesitantly" chose the Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surprised. Our room (225 end unit) was huge, very clean and nicely appointed. When it comes to where I lay my head at night I am a stickler for CLEAN. The staff at the counter was very accomodating and extended that southern hospitality. Breakfast buffet in the morning had cereal, pasteries, yogurt as well as some hot biscutts/gravey and eggs/sausage. They hotel was in the process of a remodel so there were some remnants of construction but that was in the stairwell and not hallway. Others mentioned noise level but I did not experience that, possibly because we were in an end unit. The only difficulty we had was actually finding the hotel, it is set back off the road and was hard to find. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hoping for a quiet place for the night. Check in was quick and problemless. Room was ok. The problems occurred from thin walls and floors. There was a family above with 2 small children that were still very active at 11pm. Went to front desk, during shift change. The manager coming in said he didn't see anything on the hall cameras so to come back down in 30 mins if the noise did not stop. The manager leaving knew which room and luckily made a call. The tub did not drain, so I took a bath while taking a shower. The breakfast personnel was very rude. Too interested in restocking bar. I was trying to get a cinnamon roll and she reached completely over me moving me out of the way to put another tray in. The sausage was dry and cold. Eggs were cold. If I were going up 81 again and needed to stop, I'd continue a little further north or south.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear gonow912,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. We have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, we do apologize and regret that these impacted your experience at our hotel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

a little hard to find coming off of I-81, top of a hill behind gas station and somewhat blocked out of view by Hampton, and...no sign!
friendly desk clerk, and both room, lobby, hallways clean. bed fairly comfortable.
i was in an "adjoining room" and the noise level from next door was very prevalent (coughing, nose blowing). all walls this "paper thin"?
breakfast had several varied items both hot and cold...something for everyone.
not sure if i'd stay here again, but if i did i would make sure i was given a different room. happy trails.

Room Tip: avoid room 321
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Greenwood, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights!! The staff was very friendly. Our room was very nice and clean. The only complaint was that the internet service was very, very poor. We were not on a business trip so this didn't really bother us. It would be nice if an upgrade would be made on internet services as I know that many business oriented people stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask how internet service is before checking in--especially if you are a business person o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was tired of driving down 85, and needed to stop. I travel all the time and I have had good luck with Holiday Inn Express. This was a good spot. Checked in late, the young guy at the front desk checked me in with lightening speed. He gave me a large room because he saw I was a rewards member..and he handled me like a pro. Room was clean, and nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dublin? Share your experiences!