“The dirtiest hotel I ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16280 International Street, Doswell, VA 23047 (Formerly Comfort Suites Doswell)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Massapequa Park, New York
“The dirtiest hotel I ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was by far the worst hotel I ever had the misfortune to stay in. When we checked in and got off the elevator on the second floor we were overcome with the smell of curry throughout the floor. Once inside the room we noticed the stains all over the comforter. I called the front desk and was brought what they considered a clean one. Not only was it not clean they handed it to me and told me to change it. That was extremely unprofessional in my opinion and not the way you expect to be treated in a hotel. The black flies throughout the hotel and especially the breakfast area was horrific. My children's cereal was stale and not sure what the substance they called eggs were. I definitely would not recommend staying there and I definitely would NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I had approximately 6 thousand dollars of camera equipment stolen and when I went to the front desk to let them know they became very nervous and it raised my suspicions. When I asked about their surveillance I was told they didn't have any, when I pointed to the cameras in the lobby I was quickly told they don't work. Well at the desk you can see the video monitor and the system and then was told well we don't know how to use it. Strange to hear coming from a hotel manager. I then stayed because they agreed to view it after another guest asked what was going on and he said I saw that guy pointing to a staff member with a backpack like the one I had with the equipment. He quickly disappeared and then was told we didn't see anything on the cameras and we can't let you see it. After corporate being notified by me and the local police, all were denied to view the surveillance and were told it was on a loop and its all erased now anyway and were also not given a copy of the surveillance from even the hotels monitoring company which they have. I was informed by the Police that the Laquinta in Doswell doesnt have the best track record. Besides all this and not getting anywhere with the Laquinta staff in Doswell I wasn't helped much either from Laquinta Corporate. I was brushed off to their insurance company Erie Insurance and of course after wasting my time they couldn't help me either. Besides being Liars and Thieves, the hotel room was filthy, we had to ask to have our bed sheets changed when we first arrived in our room for we had crumbs in the bed and coffee stains. Also if you drop anything don't look behind the coaches the filth was terrible. Other guests in our party had also asked for room changes and to have rooms cleaned up. The second floor had such a strong odor of curry when you exited the elevator throughout our entire stay. Sorry Laquinta I nor any of my baseball team will ever be staying with you and we have removed Laquinta off our places to stay with our organization which has 26 teams that travel the eastern seaboard.

• Stayed June 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. We got a room with two king beds as we were staying with daughter/son-in-law/granddaughter. Close enough to walk to Kings Dominion which means two cars didn't have to pay $15 each to park. I read some bad reviews about the smell of curry in the hotel, but it was actually quite pleasant. Duvets had stains and could be updated, but these days who doesn't just throw them on the floor upon arrival? Breakfast was OK. Staff was extremely pleasant. I'll be staying here again on my next trip to Kings Dominion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Easily one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. There was some type of vomit or something smeared on the wall in several places, hairs in the sink, tub and toilet, and dead roaches in the dining area. The indoor pool was a cloudy shade of green I'd never seen before and the free breakfast was some type of pre-made egg circles and inedible sausage. They boast about free waffles but there is one waffle maker available (yes, you have to make your own) and there was a line 10 deep.
The one good thing was that the hotel staff (young guy at the front desk) was very friendly and attempted to be helpful.
I don't normally complain about hotels but for the $80 we spent for the night I at least thought it would be clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good clean room, nice staff, big room we are enjoy firework from parking lot best location for kings dominion park. Thank we are stay again. Good clean room, nice staff, big room we are enjoy firework from parking lot best location for kings dominion park. Thank we are stay again

Oakville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stay here because it's half way to our destination. It's so easy to get on and off of Interstate 95. Seriously I didn't find anything wrong with it. I guess it's main function is to house people going to the Kings Dominion fun park. Our room was fine and comfortable, I didn't smell any unusual smells and there was no remnant of any dog. The breakfast is a little skimpy with just the waffles to recommend it. It is hard to find a restaurant from here. Last time we went across the road to a Denny's which was terrible so this time we went to Burger King which was also terrible, but that doesn't have anything to do with the hotel. The parking is a little odd. They seem to share a parking lot with the adjacent Comfort Inn. The price was right so I have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Upon entering my room, I discovered both beds where totally covered in black dog hair. Had to get another room. We checked in early evening-evening staff(young gentleman) exchanged rooms without any problems. Although, the next evening my key wouldn't open our room-had to go back to front desk with all my stuff in tow from our trip to KD. Overall, room could use a good old fashion cleaning. Discoved an old discarded bag of chips under the bed skirt. Someone didn"t lift up the skirt to clean floor completely. Staff needs to learn how to scrub the dirt out of the tub with some ajax and a scrub brush. Just need to put a little elbow into the cleaning. However, the weekend staff(housekeeping) where GREAT!!! Note: Get your tip to how you want to get it. I Don't think they gave w/e housekeeper her tip_which she earned without a doubt.

Room Tip: "Great if your visiting Kings Domionion or other local attractions. Great only Three floors.