“Convenient to King's Dominion” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Doswell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Convenient to King's Dominion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place is right next to the King's Dominion entrance so it's a convenient place to drop the kids off for a day of fun at the park. I tried this with my daughter and her friend. At the end of the day, we met there and had a meal. Waitress and staff were friendly and helpful. I'm not big on fried foods so I always get breakfast at places like this. The French slam was prepared just fine and I heard no complaints from the other guests at my table.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Big Stone Gap, Virginia
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The food was like any other Denny's, and the service was absolutely fantastic! This restaurant is located in the Best Western hotel, so it's also very convenient if you're staying in that hotel.

Visited October 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“If this is #1 of 2, the other one must be absolutely unbearable.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We drove 2 hrs from Va Bch on Sunday, Oct 7, and arrived at the state fairgrounds down the road from Denny's at 11am. Since the gates didn't open til noon, we 2 senior women decided to get something to eat.

Denny's was full and there was a short wait for a table but nothing unusual. We were given menus, and were given plenty of time to mull things over before a waitress came to take our order. She let us know our order was in and we waited for our food. And waited. And waited. And waited. During that time, my friend had 2 cups of coffee, and spoke to the man busing tables and got a response that include his addressing her as "baby" and putting his hand on her shoulder. We asked another waitress to please find our waitress so we could inquire about our food, and we were addressed several times as "honey." When more than 40 minutes had passed since we placed our order, I was about to say to my friend, "Let's go," but just then our food arrived.

Nothing fantastic. Mine was okay, she wasn't all that crazy about her veggie skillet. When we were done eating, we looked around for our waitress but didn't see her. We stood up by the table for a minute or so as if to leave before asking someone to get us our check.

My friend was literally the only person at the register while I went to the restroom. She was still the only person at the register when I came out, because the cashier had disappeared.

I looked for comment forms but couldn't find any.

When we left, my friend said, "We could have eaten at the fair." I answered that we didn't do that because we would have had to wait until after 12 o'clock to eat, but since we weren't served until 12:10, that's what happened anyway.

Oh yeah, the automatic soap and towel dispensers in the restroom didn't work either.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hurt
“Worst experience ever!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This restaurant was one of the few (if not only) place to eat after leaving KD after 12am. Whe. We arrived the place was only about 40% full. We were taken to a table by the host who tossed the menus on the table (no silverware) and walked off before we were seated. We waited 25 minutes for a waitress to take our drink order. The only reason we got service then was a table across from us also noticed our long wait and flagged their waitress to help us. We were told "sorry you had to wait but this tables waitress went home. I will try to help you." Try? Gee thanks! She took our drink orders but then took 15 mins to bring them to us. We finally managed to get our order in...which took 40 minutes to get out to the table. Not only was the order wrong...it was also STONE COLD. Had to send it back and wait another 10 mins. The original table that helped us previously told us they also were having problems. They had a party of 8. Not only was their wait long as well..their orders were wrong THREE TIMES. Half the table had just gotten their food, two had already gotten and eaten theirs and the other two still had NO food. We saw the manager come by and give them 50% off. The table mentioned to her about our wait as well. She stated "okay" ... And that's the last I saw of her! Our meal took 1 hr and 45 mins ... Way too long! After we complained we were given 20% off...no apologies, no explanations..nothing. Very disappointing. The food was average..overpriced..not worth the wait. SKIP IT!

Visited September 2012
Maryland
“Slow in the evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our evening service was very slow. The waitress was excellent but the food was terrible slow. The manager gave us a 20% discount. Breakfast was much faster coming and it was delicious!

Visited September 2012