“The Worst days inn ;ever” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn at Kings Dominion
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16220 International Street, Doswell, VA 23047   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Doswell

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Aylett, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here 4/2-5/13. Third floor room. After unpacking and entering the bathroom, I noticed an old dirty scrub rag slung over the shower curtain rod. The wall paper that surrounded the fiberglass tub enclosure was peeling off, and the shower head was pulled out of the wall. At this point, I began to look around the room, and noticed the table between the two beds was broken, with one leg barely attached. Upon lifting the comforter, there were crumbs or some other dirt, on the floor.

After calling the manager to notify him of the dirty bathroom, he offered to change our rooms. Unfortunately, this would have been further inconvenience to us, as we had already unpacked, and were very tired. I suggested that he offer us a discount for the night. The manager started raising his voice to me. After I told him that I was speaking in a normal tone, and so should he, I informed him that I would be notifying Day's Inn of the poor quality of the hotel. The manager told me that he could care less if I called Days Inn to report his hotel, because he owned it.

I suppose since they are across the street from Kings Dominion, and probably have a high occupancy rate during the on season, that the owners don't care about their guests or their opinions. However, there is a La Quinta and Country Suites co-located to the Days Inn in Doswell. Their parking lot was packed. The Days Inn's parking lot was not. We should have taken the clue and stayed at one of the other two hotels.

Oh, and the continental breakfast advertised are tiny mini muffins, mini bagles, and a waffle machine.

Very, very, disgusted with the manager's attitude and the quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Havana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was not too bad except for the carpet which was really dirty, that's pretty important to me. Maybe a new vacuum cleaner would help. The bathroom nice and clean, I really loved that.

No one at the desk on leaving, appreciated the breakfast, but the bagels looked old. Opted for the muffins and cream cheese with coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn at Kings Dominion

Address: 16220 International Street, Doswell, VA 23047
Location: United States > Virginia > Doswell
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Doswell
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn at Kings Dominion 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Days Inn at Kings Dominion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn At Kings Dominion Hotel Doswell
Doswell Days Inn
Days Inn Doswell

If you own or manage Days Inn at Kings Dominion, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.