“Bed was comfortable & room was clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Newark, DE
“Bed was comfortable & room was clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our last stop on our way home to Delaware. Made reservations online for a handicap room. Room was fine. Sheets felt new and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom appeared to have been upgraded recently and was adequate with grab bars and raised toilet. Adequate number of accessible outlets. Room was upstairs but there was an elevator. Carpet could use a cleaning or upgrade. Breakfast was meager but coffee, including decaf was good. I guess we got spoiled in the south (LA,. MS, AL) where we received eggs, cheese omelets, sausage, bacon, biscquits, yogurt, and more.....I did have to wait a few minutes at the front desk to check out. There was no one there and I rang the bell several times. All in all this motel was adequate for our one night stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chetan S, Manager at Days Inn at Kings Dominion, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Respected P.Jerbn

Thanks for your comments, we will consider forward your suggestions to management for required upgrade on Breakfast, at present we provide breakfast as per requirements of the franchise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Working in richmond and didn't want to spend a ton of money on a hotel room. The bathroom was clean the sheets were clean and the people were very nice to me. I was there for three days and would stay again. Few things hallway and elevator could use a little cleaning but over all quite clean and does the job. The free breakfast in the morning not bad at all but there was a 711 and bking right next to it.

• Stayed February 2013
Chetan S, Manager at Days Inn at Kings Dominion, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thanks for your comments and we will take care to improve your comments and at your next visit you will notice the improvement.
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Most of the time this is said in a bad way but in this case I feel that I got exactly what I had expected for the price. I have nothing negative to say about the place. I know that other reviews have said this place needs to be updated, it appears there has been a fresh coat of paint applied to the walls and new linens put in the rooms. In addition others have commented on the second floor being soft, I did not notice this and I stayed on the second floor. I skipped the breakfast as it was from 0700-1000 and I was gone before 0600. The front staff was fine I do not know what the issues was in the past with them being rude, I had a third party reservation and they allowed me to upgrade it for a minimal fee. The train track is located not more than 100 feet from the back of the hotel and even being in a room farthest from the tracks it shakes the whole building. This was a fair price for a fair room. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of the building away from the train noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the comments, our goal is to give our best to our customers and only with your comments we are able to do so.

Been to Days Inn at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!