“GREAT LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16102 Theme Park Way, Interstate 95 and Route 30, Doswell, VA 23047-0100   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Doswell
bladenboro nc
“GREAT LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great hotel for anyone that is going to Kings Dominion. It may not be a 5-star, upscale hotel but our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. We stood on the balcony & watched the firework display from KD. The next day we actually walked to Kings Dominion, since it is right across the street. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews on this hotel. We ate breakfast at Denny's & the food was good. Prices may be a little steep but so were the prices for the surrounding fast food restaurants, ie: Burger King was $2.00-$3.00 higher than at home but this is a tourist attraction area, so you can expect the higher prices. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again, next time we go back to KD.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We want to thank you for staying with us and for the positve comments you posted. Our goal is to provide superior customer service, with clean, comfortable accommodations and a fun and safe atmosphere. We hope that you will be our guest again in the future. Thank you again for your remarks.

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Elkton Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The location is excellent for visiting the amusement park. Beds were very comfortable, BUT..our first room had a very bad pet urine smell, we finally got another room, and there was poor lighting around the hotel. The resturant staff was very unprofessional, and used bad language in the dining area, in front of our small children. The shuttle operator's had a bad attitude, very unfriendly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I want to thank you for your honest review of your stay with us and offer our sincere apologies for your experience. I ahve passed your comments on to our executive housekeeper and chief engineer to insure that they create a way to make sure there are no odors in our rooms. All of our food and beverage operations are leased to an outside company, but that does not excuse poor service and definitely not foul language. I reviewed your remarks with the vp of operations for our restaurant and she has assured me that this will never happen again. The shuttle operated by Kings Dominion and I have forwarded your observation to the transportation manager to correct this issue. Once again I am happy that you stayed with us and hope that you will come back and see us again so we can show you how your comments have helped improve our operation.
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When i read the reviews i was hesitant about staying at the hotel. However, we decided that it would be convenient. It may not be your 5 star hotel but was a family oriented hotel that was clean, friendly staff, a place to eat, much more fun when you leave the park and convenient. If you need to stay in a hotel that may have 4-5 star amenities it may not be the place for you. But if you want a good price and fun do not think twice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to always provide superior customer service, clean and comfortable accommodations in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Camp Lejeune, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel because it's right across the parking lot from Kings Dominion. Every employee we saw was very friendly. We didn't use the amenities (pool, tennis, shuffleboard, etc) on this trip, but we probably would have if we had been staying longer. The price is a little steep compared to other hotels in the area, but I'm sure that has to do with their proximity to the park. All in all, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that your family enjoyed their stay here with us. We greatly appreciate your compliments of our staff. We do strive to ensure that each guest has an exceptional stay during their time at Kings Quarters. We encourage your family to take advantage of all of the amenities that our property has to offer on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,

David Clausen
Trenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family (me, my husband and children) spent four days and three nights here. I wouldn't say this is a five star hotel but I must say it was clean and very comfortable, I really don't have anything negative to say and my family and I enjoyed our time here. The best thing about it is you get a 2 day pass during your stay for everyone and the park is right across the street. They even have a shuttle bus that will bring you back and forth to the park. They have an outdoor pool with a Tiki bar which my kids enjoyed, an arcade room tennis court and playground. As far as the food goes they have a 24/hr Dennys on site and a Pizza shop. We didn't eat from either place because we brought our own food and grill and when we ranout of food we went over to the next town and ate out. Our travel dates were July 22-25 2013. Overall we enjoyed our time here the staff was great and we will be back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2013
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We want to thank you for staying with us on your visit to Kings Dominion. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We aim to provide each guest with clean and comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price, with superior customer service. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Grassflat, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had reservations here while spending a day at Kings Dominion. We normally stay at Hampton Inns, but this hotel was right next to Kings Dominion and was within walking distance to it. So we decided to get a room here. That was a huge mistake! We got checked in and went to Kings Dominion to start the day. We had just left everything locked in my truck and figured we would come back in the afternoon and take what we needed in the room. When we came back that afternoon we found the tonneau cover on my truck ripped off. Luckily nothing was stolen. All of our valuables were locked in the cab of my truck. The bed was just full of kids beach toys. I went to the front desk and advised them of the situation. They contacted security for me. I was advised they they do not have any camera system on their parking lot. They did offer to call police for me, but there was not much police would have been able to do with no camera. I asked if there was any way I could get a refund or a partial refund as I had no even made it into my room. With my bed full of beach toys we decided we were just going to head to the beach a day early so we could get them all into our room there. I was advised by the front desk that there was nothing they could do as I had reserved the room with the advance purchase rate. Which I did understand rules are rules. However, I still asked to speak with the manager politely to see if maybe there was something they could do under the circumstances. I obviously wouldn't break a $300+ tonneau cover to get a "free room" that I wasn't even going to stay in at that point. The male at the front desk went into a employee area and came back out and advised that the manager said that they could not do anything. I repeated that I would like to speak with the manager. The male at the front desk went back into the employee area and again advised that they couldn't do anything. The manager did not come out. I could not believe this horrible customer service. I was OK with not being able to be refunded any of the money I paid for the room. As I said before I understand the rules and for the price of the room it wasn't a big deal. I did find it a big deal that the manager could not come out and speak with me. I did write a letter to Best Western and did get a letter in return in regards to me calling them to try to settle the matter. I did not write the letter to get any sort of refund so I did not contact them. I just wanted to let them know of that hotels poor customer service. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and i HIGHLY discourage anyone staying at this hotel. It is not worth the cheaper rate and location. You are much better off having to drive a little to go to Kings Dominion!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to take a moment to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced upon you returning from the Kings Dominion amusement park. Unfortunately, we do not have any camera systems located around the parking lot. We do have camera systems located throughout the property. However, we do have several employees who do continuously maneuver throughout the property and their eyes serve as security to be aware of all surroundings and report anything that looks slightly suspicious. I have also passed your comments in regards to the lack of service to our management staff, so that we are able to review these issues with our employees throughout the property. It is our hope that you will allow us another chance to provide you with superior customer care. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at (804)876-3321. Again, I do sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional!

David Clausen
BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters
Finksburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family of four (two teenagers) stayed here for 2 nights. We were very comfortable while we were in the room and the location is fantastic. We got a package deal with tickets to Kings Dominion and I felt that the price for the two day tickets and two night stay was good. We spent two very hot days at the amusement park and came back at night and got in the pool which was open till midnight. I did not find anything dirty or have any problems getting anything that we needed. It is not a luxury hotel, but it served our needs while we were there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We want to thank you for sstaying with us and for your kind words about our hotel. At Best Western Kings Quarters we strive to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and superior customer care. We hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Kings Dominion. Best Western invites you to stay with us in any of our worldwide hotels.
Dave Clausen, GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters? Share your experiences!