“VA State Fair Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

You added BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16102 Theme Park Way, Interstate 95 and Route 30, Doswell, VA 23047-0100   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Yorktown, Virginia
“VA State Fair Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Best Western Kings Quarters 2 years in a row now. We are planning to stay with BWKQ again this year in October. We have had great service both times during our stay from the front desk and room serves staff. Rooms were neat and clean. Our reason for our overnight stay was taking in 2 days at the VA State Fair. Last October during our stay I will say that the service at the on site Denny's was lacking in enough servers and kitchen staff to keep up with the demand of seated customers. The food was good when it came, but we did have to send my wifes meal back to get some corrective measures fixed with the order. The manager brought out the new plate to make sure it was to my wifes satisfaction. We applaud the manager for taking the extra time to make sure the meal was right.

I will agree with traveler reviews from "iagomega". Great place to stay if visiting Kings Dominion.

FYI. In most cases if you call (804) 876-3321 BWKQ's directly with AARP, AAA or any other discount source you will generally get a cheaper rate on the room than online booking. We learned that our first year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters when you are in the area for the wonderful Virginia State Fair. We are elated to hear that you have received exceptional service with our Front Desk and housekeeping staff. I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in the Denny's restaurant during your time here with us. I can assure you that this year will be a much different experience for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again in October!

Yours in hospitality,

BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're headed to Kings Dominion, this is the place to stay.

It is literally across the parking lot, so no need to drive and pay for parking. It's also easy to go have lunch or take a nap during the day if needed! They offer both AAA and Cedar Fair pass holder discounts.

The rooms are surprisingly pretty quiet for being next to a major them park! They were comfortable, clean, and up kept. We have never had a single problem. Their staff is pretty friendly too, even when checking in late! In fact I had left something in the room, and called and we worked it out that a friend that was still in the area would come pick it up. They didn't transfer me to housekeeping (or normally their voice mail) and took care of everything quickly!

It is a little round about to get into the place though, you need to make sure you're not taking the road that leads to the amusement park, but their signage isn't too bad. I don't believe they serve breakfast either, at least we never stumbled upon it any times we have been there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. As well, we greatly appreciate your compliments of our staff and the courtesies that they were able to extend to you. Here at Kings Quarters, we always want our guests to know that they are a part of our extended family. We hope to see you again soon!

Goshen, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This has been my 5th stay at this hotel over many years of Florida winter travel. It is our first stop after a long days driving from Massachusetts. My greeting by the young man Front desk clerk was cold as ice!!! I was afraid to even ask any questions more or less where my room was located. Having worked as a manager of a hotel I would never allow this type of attitude to be tolerated. The room was adequate and clean but lacking in soap. The bathroom is very tiny and a tight squeeze. No breakfast is offered which is because they say a Dennys is located on the site if you want to pay $14 for eggs and coffee a real rip off. This will be oour last visit.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Norton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel because I am a Best Western Rewards member and it is super close to the highway. I know Best Western isn't the Ritz but I can usually count on a clean, updated room. Well I've been at motel 6's that are nicer than this place. Not what I expected at all from a Best Western. Its old with small rooms and not as clean as it should be. It is close to the amusement park if that's what you're looking for but otherwise keep driving.

• Stayed January 2013
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your stay was anything less than exceptional during your time with us. Here at Kings Quarters, we always strive to ensure that each guest has an exceptional stay! It saddens us to hear that your stay was anything less than that. If at any time you have any issues with your room or any of the amenities around the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is an agent available to you 24 hours daily to assist with any issues that you may have. Again, I do sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional! It is our hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer care. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at (804)876-3321.

Yours in hospitality,

Clarksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was overwhelmingly surprised and thankful for the wonderful service my family and I received at the King Quarters Best Western location on Nov 1, 2012. My familys vehicle broke down on I-95 enroute to a funeral. The warm and sincere service provided by Brittany at checkin and Karen the following day will never be forgotten. This is the first time we have stayed at Best Western and are frequent travelers. It will not be our last visit. Wonderful employees like Brittany Karen are a asset to your company that is priceless!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you received exceptional care by our staff during your time with us. I have passed your compliments to our Front Office Manager, so that we are able to recognize Karen and Brittany accordingly. We hope to see you again soon!

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Easy walk or free shuttle to Kings Dominion. Patents can get a cold drink from the bar while the kids swim. Updated room was clean and bed slept well. Pizza take out and Denny's on site too. Will stay here again on next visit.

• Stayed August 2012
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us during your trip to Kings Dominion. As well, we are glad to see that you were able to partake in the many amenities that we have throughout the property for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lewes, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family and my sisters family decided to stay here for our annual Halloween vacation. This was the first at the Best Western. So you know we are not a hotel snob, nor hard to please; however, we had a lot of bugs in the room, the place is very old and the smell hit us like a ton of bricks. We opened the door to get the musty smell out of the room. We knew that the hotel was older and did not have real high expectations as we read other reviews online. You should know before you book the only reason I will come back is the fact that you can walk to the park, no other property is that close. The Denny's food is worse than most Denny's and that is saying something! we drove to another town the next morning to avoid eating there again. I will say the front desk was very nice was a nice weekend vacation but do not expect much and bring the Lysol.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your time here. If at any time you experience issues with your room or any of the amenities around the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is an agent available to you 24 hours daily with any assistance that you may need. Again, I do sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional! We do greatly appreciate your compliments of our Front Desk staff during your stay. It is our hope that you will allow us another chance to provide you with superior customer care!

Sincerest apologies,

BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

Been to BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters? Share your experiences!